Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Hugs & Kisses  ...DONE, DONE & DONE!!!!!!!!!!! >

Hugs & Kisses ...DONE, DONE & DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs & Kisses ...DONE, DONE & DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 09:56 PM

No damage...few books/pictures/papers got wet, but that was it.
It could have been worse.
My body is still recouperating........
Old 05-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Then it must need more wine :wink:
Old 05-21-2009, 09:02 AM

Glad you liked the blues & yellows Terri - I was going to send them with the blocks & spaced out! Like I said, I felt the need for some stash reduction...! :D
Old 05-21-2009, 09:07 AM

Terri sorry to hear of the flood. was it weather flood or someone pipe broke flood?
Old 05-21-2009, 03:17 PM

Sue, anytime you need a place for your cleanout stash, I'm here! :)

What broke was the screw on part of the hose that attaches to the toilet. The replacement part I got, according to the guy at Home Depot...if it happens again, there's a "shut off" thingy that prevents flooding. So, I'm hoping we won't have to test that thing out OR if it does break again, WE DON'T LIVE HERE! lol

Hmm....more wine? I think I can manage that! lol
Old 05-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Glad to see the "more wine" is working....soo..are you all put back together yet??? I have to take my entire bath and laundry room apart this weekend...getting new flooring in there on Tues, so it will all have to be moved out then...since you, Courtney and Bill have practice...wanna come do mine??? I promise it won't be nearly as hard as your fiasco was!! :wink: :wink:
Old 05-21-2009, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Glad to see the "more wine" is working....soo..are you all put back together yet??? I have to take my entire bath and laundry room apart this weekend...getting new flooring in there on Tues, so it will all have to be moved out then...since you, Courtney and Bill have practice...wanna come do mine??? I promise it won't be nearly as hard as your fiasco was!! :wink: :wink:
Ummm.....I'm thinking NO on the helping part, but thanks for the offer lol

When Courtney gets home from work today,we are going to lay out the other squares for the 2d quilt. I think the Dad's will be done last.
I'm only missing a few names on the list, but that's ok. No worries there. I'll get both BIG tops done, then get them put together.
I went to do some embroidery on the squares and for some reason, my machine doesn't want to do big stitches/designs. Hmmm....I'm thinking a good cleaning is due for the computer. It will however, do smaller stitches, so I can get the labels done.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Well...if thats the way you feel about it.... :(

At least you'll be productive while I'm slaving away...hopefully we get to see Courtney (oops, I mean your assistant) making all those important layout decisions again. :lol:
Old 05-21-2009, 08:20 PM

Sorry I lost this post there for awhile. Just wanted to say Terri the quilt you have put together so far is pretty. Sorry about your flood problem hope everything is back to normal. You are an angel to do all of the hard work for all of us to get the quilts done, Thanks a bunch and hope you have a blessed day. Teresa
Old 05-22-2009, 08:04 PM

Oh, Terri, they are beautiful! Y'all are doing an amazing job over there in the water! Sorry about the flood, I still have the wine chilled whenever you're ready. I'm thinking we should have a big yard cookout/quilting party in my yard when you get home again!! Everyone can meet here and we'll party down!!!

I love the idea of the checkerboard binding but don't tax those sore muscles! You take your time and recover. I'm still not recovered from last Saturday but I have been sewing. Made both my Alaska granddaughters raggy purses with some digital cami fabric I found at Hancocks, made them quilt tops with the Army Seal in the middle and fleece of the Army of One, tomorrow I have to work on the returning Marine's quilt and then work on the three for the my sister and my neices. I am so glad to get back in the sewing machine chair...

Who had the idea of the collage? That's a great idea, I think we should try to get that worked out. Quilting Board Collage of bright colors with white or ivory???

Love,
Sharon