Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by irishphoenix View Post
Hi everyone,
Wow my fat quarters arrived. First of all, thank you so much Carsey for all your hard work-I got such a thrill when I opened my parcel and saw all the wonderful fabrics that you all kindly sent. Thank you all so much.. BTW the gorgeous brown African fabric from Senegal, I didnt find a name so if its yours could you let me know so I can thank you. They are all so beautiful!!
So heartfelt thanks to:
Quilter Mom- amazing Christmas Elvis!
Crafty 1 USA
Quilt Mom-Margaret Om
Mdm Sew'n'Sew Susan Raymond
Quilty Shaz from Africa
Crafty 3790 Debby Gay
Walk-N Roll Dianne Long
Betty Peterson Poland
Yvie from Scotland
Wanda Lou Wanda Jones
Aurora Angelo Deno
Kimberly Whispell
Moon Glow- Terry from Oz and thanks so much for the pen as well!!
Gaby40 from Japan
Tirogirl from Germany
And finally Carsey-thanks Carole.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317935[/ATTACH]
Hi Irish Phoenix, I can't take credit for sending the pen as I didn't include any pens so it must be from somebody else. Thanks for the lovely fabric from you that was in my parcel. This fabric swap has been a lot of fun.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by fitzroytrophies View Post
Received my parcel today. Wow it was like Christmas over again.
Will post a photo if I can work out how.
Thank you to the following whos fat quarters I have received.
Some have travelled a long way from your stash to mine.

Ms.Rosalie D'Anostino Johnston RI USA
Wanda Lou Jones OHIO USA
Kiffie 2413 Kandy Texas USA (The Sigature square was awesome)
Kimberly Wispell Rhinebeck NY USA
Quilted Critter Lady Vicki Arizona USA
Sassy Stitcher Donna Kentucky USA
Granmajo Joanne Peotone IL USA
Amy Jo Amy ND USA
MdmSew'n'Sew Susan Pawling, NY USA
--------------------------------------
Gaby Y U JAPAN
Tirolgirl GERMANY
Jacqueline Gibbs SCOTLAND
vIDA hUTCHINSON NORTHERN IRELAND
Hawaiian Fabric not sure who this one was from.

Thank you also to Carsey, for hosting this special swap.

From Lesley Gracemere Queensland Australia
Lesley

That Hawaiian Fabric might have been from me.....open up the fat quarter and see if the name label drops out....I tucked my labels inside of the fat quarters and then sealed it up in a cello bag to protect each one.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Moonglow View Post
Hi Irish Phoenix, I can't take credit for sending the pen as I didn't include any pens so it must be from somebody else. Thanks for the lovely fabric from you that was in my parcel. This fabric swap has been a lot of fun.
Hey Terry, oh thanks , I have so enjoyed this swap-well the pen is a puzzle, I really thought it was from you lol...anyway we loved your fabric,i really want to do something nice with them all, jsut where to start at the moment..I almost feel I cant cut into them yet! Thanks again
Old 03-09-2012, 12:57 AM

Yes the Hawaiian Fabric did have a label inside. I had not got as far as opening all the plastic wraps.
Still in awe at the lovely material I received.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:06 AM

Hello Carole,
I never realised this section was on the board. I've just found some pics with my fabrics which was exciting. Everyone is so happy, as I am. You sure did a lot of work and I thank you again. It's a shame our postage is so much more expensive than yours as I would be interested in a swap again but our postage was about double yours. So happy I've found this section and once again thanks to everyone for the fabrics.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:27 AM

What a great stash! I love tartan!
Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Hi,
Got in my fq's, they are all so great! I have one from Scotland-Jacquie, a lovely "tartan" plaid! One from Ohio-Wanda, a lovely filigree in a mauve and light pink, along with a 4 patch signature block, and I love the fabrics in the block, as much as the fq!! , and last but not least one that the fabric says was brought from China by her dad, I am having a hard time reading her name, thinking it may be Marne?? It is a lovely deep blue with white dots in a grid pattern, it appears to be hand stamped (so pretty)...I just want to make sure I thank the right people! Finally, a huge thank you to Carsey for organizing this whole thing! Thank you, thank you, thank you to you all!!!
Kif
PS Please add me in for sending in a block for Carsey..
Old 03-09-2012, 08:07 AM

You know, the crazy thing is when this idea first came up, there were some people that thougt it was a bad idea. They were thinking that some of the countries fabrics would not be the quality that we have here. BOY WERE THEY WRONG!!!! I thought, oh well, I would LOVE some fabric from all over the world since I can't travel there and I did not care if the thread count might be 1 thread less or 1 thread more. Just the fact that it came from there was a gift for me!!! I am in awe of the amount of people that joined and ENJOYED this swap as much as I did. THANK you all for joining and sending in your amazing fabrics!!!!! I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 03-11-2012, 02:46 PM

Default Pens from australia

Hi, I have been reading comments about pens from Australia. I sent pens to be sent with each of my FQ's but havent heard about them. Perhaps with all the FQ's and parcels they got mixed up?? Easy to do with the number of swappers in the swap !! Any way, Hope who ever got a pen liked them. They had Australian designs on them.
Cheers, Jodie.
Lara, Victoria, Australia.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jodie AUS View Post
Hi, I have been reading comments about pens from Australia. I sent pens to be sent with each of my FQ's but havent heard about them. Perhaps with all the FQ's and parcels they got mixed up?? Easy to do with the number of swappers in the swap !! Any way, Hope who ever got a pen liked them. They had Australian designs on them.
Cheers, Jodie.
Hi Jodie -

I received one of your pens and love it. I forgot to mention it because as soon as I opened my squishie it went directly into my purse so no one could abscond with it. People have noticed it everytime I've brought it out to use I love that it's refillable, so I expect to have it until I've worn all the printing off and it's so old the cap has cracked and the duck tape has given up on the barrel Thank you for such a wonderful item to remember my first fabric swap by!

Hugs
Old 03-12-2012, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jodie AUS View Post
Cheers, Jodie.
Jodie, I also received one of your lovely pens. Thank you so much! I was puzzled as to the source, so am glad you spoke up.