Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: International Round Robin, Round 6 Discussion and pics

Quote Originally Posted by JANW
    That is so fabulous. Is that that ribbon art or what technique? Just love it
    It's ribbon art. Beautiful, huh? I just love it!
    Now you see WHY I'm going to have a hard time sending it back to Patti??

WOW!!!That is absolutely beautiful!!!
    I love all the flowers!! I will never live long enough to produce something like that! But have found enough inspiration to get me to want to keep learning!

So glad you showed it in such detail.

unbelievable work! Stunning!

Blog Entries
    That is one beautiful quilt, I can see why you don't want to part with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    WOW!!!That is absolutely beautiful!!!
    I love all the flowers!! I will never live long enough to produce something like that! But have found enough inspiration to get me to want to keep learning!

So glad you showed it in such detail.

unbelievable work! Stunning!
    Elle said she's teach me when I go to visit :)

Banned
    that ribbon work is stunning -did you do that or is that a border from a previous round?

i'm sorry, i never looked at these threads until i learned about the new RRII.

That ribbon art is fabulous...I see a new class I'll be searching for. Terri - if I were you I'd just keep it - RR be darned!!! :)

FABULOUS!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    That ribbon art is fabulous...I see a new class I'll be searching for. Terri - if I were you I'd just keep it - RR be darned!!! :)
    Hey!!!!! Now you just hush up Esqmommy!!! Go get the duck tape for your mouth! :roll:

Oh Terri, I'm sooo glad you posted those new pics! Elle, shame on you girl, that is more spectacular than you could show! I love it, love it, love it! No Terri...so sorry that you can't have it. My furry babies will be waiting for it to sniff out Monique hairs! It is sooo gorgeous!!!! I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    that ribbon work is stunning -did you do that or is that a border from a previous round?

i'm sorry, i never looked at these threads until i learned about the new RRII.
    ME DO THAT??? LMAO!! I may be good, but not THAT good. That is Elle's contribution.

That ribbon art is fabulous...I see a new class I'll be searching for. Terri - if I were you I'd just keep it - RR be darned!!!
    Esqmommy...If Patti comes after me and I end up needed someone to defend me, will you take the job as my defense?

My furry babies will be waiting for it to sniff out Monique hairs! It is sooo gorgeous!!!! I can't wait!
    I TRY to make sure ALL signs of cat are off the tops if one or both of them get on it. This one is actually the first one that Monique has REFUSED to get off of. I think she likes Elle's scent. lol

Blog Entries
    Terri...a little cat hair will be just fine...afterall, I have 4 in the house! My quilts all have that wonderful cat hair "patina". Could it be that Monique just has great taste? I don't blame her for wanting to be near that beauty...and its mine!!! :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Terri...a little cat hair will be just fine...afterall, I have 4 in the house! My quilts all have that wonderful cat hair "patina". Could it be that Monique just has great taste? I don't blame her for wanting to be near that beauty...and its mine!!! :lol: :lol:
    I couldn't believe her! She started "digging" at it like she was trying to make it more comfy to lay down on. She DID NOT like it when I grabbed her, told her NO! and tossed her on the couch. She jumped right back on it!
    You will be glad to know that I have the fabric for your border. I stood in Ben Franklins for about an hour deliberating over what to do and what fabric to use. The ladies there LOVE it! They said I did a great job on it. lol I told them, thank you...but NONE of the work on it is mine yet. They are VERY impressed with the applique on it and had to check out EVERY flower that Elle put on it. That amazed them all!
    So, giving them my ideas, drawing it out on paper to show them what I was talking about, they all agreed that it has to be something simple or "the eye" would be drawn away from the "theme" of the top. So, I am going to go with my original thought. I have THE PERFECT fabric...had to buy ALL of it because I wanted to make sure I had enough. There was only 4 yards of it, so I willl have to cut it on the length instead of the width, which is much better for me.....NO SEAMS in the middle of the border! :) :)

Blog Entries
    WoooHOooooo.....no seams in the borders!!! I can't wait, sounds like a great plan to me. I'll have to come up with some fabulous quilting plan (as if... :lol: :lol: ) But, I'll come up with something!!

WoooHOooooo.....no seams in the borders!!! I can't wait, sounds like a great plan to me. I'll have to come up with some fabulous quilting plan (as if... :lol: :lol: ) But, I'll come up with something!!
    Oh, well if you don't have a quilting plan for it, then I just might as well keep it! Sheesh! I THOUGHT you had a plan!

Elle's work is just.....incredible (wish there was a better word). Wow. Terri, I really like the idea of a border without seams in the middle. Great thinking. So, after Elle teaches you how to do the ribbon work, you can just tootle on over to Colorado, we'll get a cabin in the mountains and you can teach me!

Blog Entries
    Ducky....maybe she can toddle over and teach the both of us! I'll waddle to Colorado to meet up with you guys. I might have to do that to get my top back from Terri! (And I do have a "kinda" plan...does that count?)

Ducky....maybe she can toddle over and teach the both of us! I'll waddle to Colorado to meet up with you guys. I might have to do that to get my top back from Terri! (And I do have a "kinda" plan...does that count?)
    What if after Elle teaches me, you both waddle over to VA (hope we are still going there) and we can have fun doing it. :)

Oh no Patti....Kinda Plan doesn't work either.

I am going to tell you tho....the last border going on will be sort of a simple one. That way, it will tie the entire quilt together, but not "take away" from any other border.
    On second thought.....I'm just going to keep it. No sense it sending it out. I think it looks really pretty spread over my chair, don't you think?

Oh, Patti.....meant to tell you...don't worry about "claw marks" from Monique trying to dig. She's got no claws. Silly girl, had she listened to mommy, would have been able to keep them, but noooooo, so out they came! Hubby told me I should let you know about that just in case you thought there might be some little claw holes. I told him that you were probably ok, but I'd let you know. So, he's a happy boy now lol

Blog Entries
    Tell hubby not to worry. I wouldn't be able to tell if they were hers or from mine before it ever left here :roll: I like your idea really...keeping it simple. I just love it now and I'm thinking I could maybe do some trapunto work on the border you add? Thinking maybe some groups of grapes and maybe some vines??? You see this would be in a lifetime when I have time to devote to finish it though :wink:

While it looks plenty nice on your chair, I think it will look tons better on mine! :lol:

That ribbon art is fabulous...I see a new class I'll be searching for. Terri - if I were you I'd just keep it - RR be darned!!!
    Esqmommy...If Patti comes after me and I end up needed someone to defend me, will you take the job as my defense?

I got your back kiddo!

I got your back kiddo!
    Cool! Now, to figure out how to tip toe quietly lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi

I got your back kiddo!
    Cool! Now, to figure out how to tip toe quietly lol
    Why is it that I feel "ganged up on" and its MY quilt?????

And, you do realize that I have a "quilt alarm" set up and you won't get away with your quilt heist!!!! :wink:

Go ahead and tell me it's your cats or you have a dog that will "attack" me. I'll have that dog on it's back BEGGING for me to rub it's belly! lol

I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING!!
    I could grab Patti's quilt, jump on her horse and ride like the wind! lol

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    i am in awe of the beauty of Patti's quilt!!!! It is so amazing!!!

elle, you are beyond talented....and everyone else, you have done a superb job on it!

Patti, I won't even TRY to weasel you out of it...it is too beautiful to keep away from you!

Steph....to see it in person is just amazing!
    ALL of the borders on it are beautiful!
    Patti is going to have one gorgeous top when she gets it back.

OH MY! Did I just say she was getting it back????

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    WOW - yes you DID!!!!

I'm so proud of you!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast