Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From >

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Old 01-15-2012, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
Krystyna - fab quilt - love the splashy fish!
My doll quilt is all done & just waiting for the label to arrive, so I can sew it on!! Then off in the mail it goes.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:25 AM

Wow ladies...all the quilts are just so artsy and well done....Great job...
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 AM

I am waiting for my embroiderying to be done so I can sew up my tops now. Really trying hard to figure out my second. I had a plan, but having trouble executing it. If I do the embroidery, it will be about 12 hours of time just to do those also. I do not mind doing that much work because they are special. Otherwise do I want to do thread play where I have not done for a long time. Hmmmmmmmm what to do. what to do. I need to decide so I can get it done and in mail to move on to some UFOs.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 AM

I'm waiting on a special fabric order before I can even start to put mine together but I've figured out a few things in my head-a little scary in there!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
I am waiting for my embroiderying to be done so I can sew up my tops now. Really trying hard to figure out my second. I had a plan, but having trouble executing it. If I do the embroidery, it will be about 12 hours of time just to do those also. I do not mind doing that much work because they are special. Otherwise do I want to do thread play where I have not done for a long time. Hmmmmmmmm what to do. what to do. I need to decide so I can get it done and in mail to move on to some UFOs.
I can't wait to see it! I love combining embroidery and quilting!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:17 PM

The Oklahoma City Winter Quilt Show was so much fun .... ladies .... there were dozens of mini quilts
we were so surprised to see so many and there were several vendors who had books patterns and rulers
for making Minis and some had kits ..... I was super surprised to see the wool kits for minis and the penny circle kits and patterns in miniture ..... it was so much fun .... and I have to admit all I got was stuff for mini quilting ....
it was a good day and we had an early supper at Toby Kieths place before heading back to SW Oklahoma
the two hour trip was very good ..... we were 6 very tired ladies.... lol.. we spent 5 hours walking @ the show!!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:43 AM

Mine is in the mail, I hope it doesn't take too long to get to WA from Australia and I hope my TammyB likes it.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:34 AM

Sounds like you had a great time! What a great way to spend a day. I love minis and would so have loved to see all the great things you found!

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
The Oklahoma City Winter Quilt Show was so much fun .... ladies .... there were dozens of mini quilts
we were so surprised to see so many and there were several vendors who had books patterns and rulers
for making Minis and some had kits ..... I was super surprised to see the wool kits for minis and the penny circle kits and patterns in miniture ..... it was so much fun .... and I have to admit all I got was stuff for mini quilting ....
it was a good day and we had an early supper at Toby Kieths place before heading back to SW Oklahoma
the two hour trip was very good ..... we were 6 very tired ladies.... lol.. we spent 5 hours walking @ the show!!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 AM

A Happy Birthday wish going to Pegs quilt Parlor. Have a great day.

I finished your DQ and will be mailing it out tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:36 AM

Ditto, What a wonderful sounding day. Maybe you can post a picture of the goodies you found.?
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Sounds like you had a great time! What a great way to spend a day. I love minis and would so have loved to see all the great things you found!