Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28

Thread: January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Blog Entries
    WOW! The Celtic quilt and Washington quilt are both so stunning!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 View Post
    Tammy B another great quilt...you do great work...No snow here this season...boring...how's the weather up there.
    Thanks so much! This was the first landscape type of thing I've attempted. Well, for the harsh winter they predicted us to have, it's been pretty mild except for the third week in January that we had a snow and ice storm that shut the Pacific Northwest down. As normal, we've had a lot of rain. I hope spring is around the corner. I does seem unusual for you not to have any snow. I'll wish some your way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
    Thanks so much! This was the first landscape type of thing I've attempted. Well, for the harsh winter they predicted us to have, it's been pretty mild except for the third week in January that we had a snow and ice storm that shut the Pacific Northwest down. As normal, we've had a lot of rain. I hope spring is around the corner. I does seem unusual for you not to have any snow. I'll wish some your way.
    Soon you'll be doing another one. Very nice!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Very nice quilts!! Love the landscape one and the crazy quilts always intrique me! Such a great job on the celtic quilt, too. What a great swap we had!!
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    Is there a theme for the March swap?
    Just love the celtic quilt, does it represent a certain place?
    Absolutely love the Washington landscape quilt. Wonderful job ladies.

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know why I lost my feedback scores?

No, I have no idea. I think I still have mine. I wonder why it doesn't change colors when I've looked at a thread! Or it used to go to capitol letters when a new post came up on a thread I follow. Now I have to do more looking to figure out what's going on. I hope we can get it fixed soon.
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    TammyB, Love your landscape quilt.

I am waving wildly from the other side of the Cascades... Yup, you were right, that 3rd week in Janaury was a wild one over here too.

QuiltnCowgirl THANKS you for posting a picture of "Little Okie" So glad you like it. I enjoy creating Mini Quilts.
    I enjoy meeting new quilters.
    I am sorry I have not posted your "The Croplands of California"
    I do really like it. A larger quilt like it would be nice.
    My Granddaughter had a Horse Accident last Sat. It was touch and go there for a while but she got to come home from the hospital Thursday and gets to go to school Monday. Thank you God. I have been keeping my other 2 1/2 yr old Granddaughter day and night. So this week has been something else. Looking forward to meeting more Quilter on QB Doll Swap.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl View Post
    My "Little Okie" doll quilt from uniquedesigner arrived! It is so cute. Perfect depiction of Oklahoma with neat special touches. I really like how she drew the county she's in on the quilt. And look at the back...she evenstiched two "Oklahoma" quarters onto the quilt! She said the red pocket is for some additional information she is emailing me. She also sent lots of goodies from OSU & OU, as well as including them on the quilt. Thank you so much uniquedesigner! I will treasure your doll quilt and look forward to keeping in touch with you!

I've been looking at your all's doll quilts all day and I'm in awe...they are so so beautiful!! I want to sign up for the swap in April bc I have too much going on in March. I've made just crazy and rag doll and mini quilts but nothing following a pattern yet. I've been sewing misc projects for years but I'm new to quilting. I've made maybe 4 or 5 little quilts but I haven't done any binding. I either do rag quilts or the kind where you sew them to backing inside out and flip them like a pillow. So anyway, as I venture into deciding a good easy starter pattern for my first doll quilt done with a pattern, I welcome any suggestions as to a pattern that's beginner friendly. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    CKK; just watch the March post about 1and a half weeks before April and Krystyna will post another address for the April swap go to it and sign up. Glad to have more swappers. You'll love it.

Blog Entries
    CKK, you might also want to join the Group. It's not the same as the thread for the month, but there are places to upload photos and also to discuss ideas for upcoming swaps and to share links. Here's the spot to join:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...group-g14.html
    Krystyna

thank you both! i will join that group and keep an eye out for april dq swap!

Just thought I'd post a pic of the Georgia doll quilt I sent to my partner 1234Irene. I haven't heard from her and am hoping that she liked it.

Name:  Georgia's Cherokee Roses.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  905.8 KBName:  Georgia's Cherokee Roses (back).jpg
Views: 96
Size:  1.01 MB
    As you ramble on through life, brother,
    Whatever be your goal,
    Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
    And not upon the hole!
    ~Optimist's Creed (Anonymous)

Blog Entries
    it's gorgeous! how could she not love it?! sorry she hasn't responded. that is a really huge mistake on her part. i hope she sent you a dq, too. i also love your quilting, beautiful work!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Joann, it is simply beautiful! I hope she is OK. She might be one of those people who disappeared when the board changed format. Did you receive one in return?
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    JoAnn, I'm so sorry you haven't heard back. This is a beautiful quilt. I love your white flowers. They look almost look like the real blossom on a tree. And your quilting is beautiful. And your color story enhances the whole look.

I hope your partner received it. I had one that went missing in January in a different doll swap. I made a replacement as soon as I found out about it. Thank goodness, She did receive the second one.
    Last edited by Judith1005; 04-20-2012 at 05:17 AM.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnGC View Post
    Just thought I'd post a pic of the Georgia doll quilt I sent to my partner 1234Irene. I haven't heard from her and am hoping that she liked it.

Name:  Georgia's Cherokee Roses.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  905.8 KBName:  Georgia's Cherokee Roses (back).jpg
Views: 96
Size:  1.01 MB
    JoannGC, glad you posted your DQ so we could appreciate it. Great job!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28