Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: January FAT QUARTER swap

Blog Entries
    I got my FQs over the weekend. We were out of town and it was a nice surprise to open the mailbox yesterday evening and find the packages! Thanks to Tracibug and I'm not sure who the other one is from because there wasn't a Board name on the package but it is from a "B. Gal*****" of Florissant, MO. Thanks ladies!!! The fabrics are wonderful!
    Attached Images Attached Images

No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Senior Member Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt's Avatar
    Thanks so much everyone for your kind understanding, we hope my mom is on the road to recovery, she has been do all the doctors, has heard their opinions and suggestions, and at this point she is following their new game plan. We need to go have labs on the 24th, and I am hoping all will be well. My mom is the sweetest lady, she is 77 and is the kindest lady ever, and hurts me so when she isn't well. I love her so....I appreciate all the wonderful comments...this wonderful lady gave me life.... and I owe her the utmost gratitude...she is so funny and we have the most fun we we go out and do things....so I need to keep her healthy, so we can keep doing them.. I am so sorry for all of you who have lost your moms...my heart goes out to you all......

Senior Member Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt's Avatar
    Oh I just love this.......so cute.....the valentines blocks are wonderful
    Last edited by Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt; 01-21-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: for tlambing

auntpiggylpn, your swap partner is quiltingdragon .... she sent me nearly the same set - beautiful fabrics which I am stitching into a block (just not done yet for pictures). Your other set is fabulous as well. Happy stitching!!!

tlambing - love your beautiful valentine wall hanging! super adaptation of log block! Can I copy your design .... imitation is the highest form of flattery.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Most certainly, it is not my pattern. It's an old pattern called Heart to Heart by Four corners.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
    auntpiggylpn, your swap partner is quiltingdragon .... she sent me nearly the same set - beautiful fabrics which I am stitching into a block (just not done yet for pictures). Your other set is fabulous as well. Happy stitching!!!

tlambing - love your beautiful valentine wall hanging! super adaptation of log block! Can I copy your design .... imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
    I got to use some of my fantastic Valentine swap fabrics this weekend. My one wallhanging turned into 2, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make one for a friend Here's the finished blocks. Will finish the tops today sometime.
    Attachment 389719
    Great blocks! I wish I had the "oomph" to get up and make some blocks with all my super fqs I keep getting...I seem to just admire them, think about what to make, and then come on here and "share" in all the "lovelies" all of y'all are making...LOL..
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I got my FQs over the weekend. We were out of town and it was a nice surprise to open the mailbox yesterday evening and find the packages! Thanks to Tracibug and I'm not sure who the other one is from because there wasn't a Board name on the package but it is from a "B. Gal*****" of Florissant, MO. Thanks ladies!!! The fabrics are wonderful!
    The last one would be me! Glad you like them.

Wow that is nice..can't believe the patteren is still around..I made the same wall hanging back in 1993 but in blues.

Quote Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
    I got to use some of my fantastic Valentine swap fabrics this weekend. My one wallhanging turned into 2, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make one for a friend Here's the finished blocks. Will finish the tops today sometime.
    Attachment 389719
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    Wow that is nice..can't believe the patteren is still around..I made the same wall hanging back in 1993 but in blues.
    The pattern was a thrift store find 99 cents Couldn't pass it up! and it came in very handy

You're welcome... I had a tough time narrowing down my choices for this one. Such cute fabrics this year.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

FQ's

Got FQ's from tracibug in the mail today. I'm so glad you sent the angel one, that fabric is so cute. Love all of them and the hand lotion too. Thank you so muchName:  DSCF1056.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  1.22 MB

I love packages in my mailbox!!!

Cutest little tea light with cozie!!!

Thanks Snownannie!!!

Name:  jan f4 swap snownannie.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  132.6 KB

ok sneaky fingers again quiltingdragon where did you get that cool fabric with angels? omg that is so pretty. I think I need it. (this is the story of my life).

wonderful trades. should get off the couch and go sew.. but sew so tired. sigh. darn tuesdays. but lucky me tomorrow is Wed and I am home most of the day. yipppeee.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

tlambing what a cute wall hanging! And snowannie that is such a cute tealight cozy. So many really fun fqs floating around.
    Hey Brenda, would you want to give us the theme for next month now even though sign ups would be later?

Blog Entries
    Here are my Valentine FQ's 1ST from Kiffie2413 and 2nd one from Jclinganrey. " Eat your hearts out!!" Love the fabrics, Thanks to you both.
    Attached Images Attached Images

not starting signup for February yet but the theme will be anything with green, yellows, gold, or purples...if you want to send for St. Patricks Day, it goes under green...you can do solids, patterns, prints, novelties...just stay within the color choices.
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    not starting signup for February yet but the theme will be anything with green, yellows, gold, or purples...if you want to send for St. Patricks Day, it goes under green...you can do solids, patterns, prints, novelties...just stay within the color choices.
    Thanks for the heads up! It does seem we are a little impatient. . . But who isn't when it comes to surprises?!?!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

yeah! mardi gras colors!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

I had asked about getting the theme-not because I'm impatient, but more so for more time to get out and get the fabrics. With working full time and when it is cold and dark and maybe snowing, I'm not always up for going after work, and the only close lqs is only open two evenings until 7, and closes by 4:30 or 5 on Sat. and not open Sunday.
    I got my first swap package a few weeks ago, and just tried to upload the pic. but the computer won't read the scandisk, and waiting to see when the 2nd one comes, all kinds of possibilites... is it coming overseas, is my partner one of the ones hit by a nasty flu (hope not), did it get left in the bottom of the sort bin? Yikes! It will be a lovely surprise when it shows up I'm sure.

Thanks Brenda for the ​preview!

Thanks for the heads up Brenda.

your right about it its not about just signing up for it its about preparing for it. I live where there are no stores per say at all let alone quilt stores. there is one an hour away. Which is rare for me to get to so its order it online or.. hope its that rare time I might have it all. I think I have those colors however. some shamrock some of the colors yellow and purple and that is a grand thing! thanks Brenda. (ps I didnt think it was too early heck I asked days ago. oops)

any news yet on the maker of the fabric with angels and gold scrolls? red background it was. I think wow perfect for laugh here guys.. my christmas projects that I might have. I am always year round thinking Christmas.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    It's interesting how some of the same fabric shows up in a lot of the FQ's.
    Some of these fabrics knock your socks off! Nice job everyone!
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    any news yet on the maker of the fabric with angels and gold scrolls? red background it was.
    My guess would be those are "cupids" (for Valentine's Day) not angels. But you would have to ask the giver of those beautiful FQ's.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Tracibug told me they sold it for Christmas. It's on the clearance rack at Hancock's. Could easily be used either way.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Tracibug told me they sold it for Christmas. It's on the clearance rack at Hancock's. Could easily be used either way.
    O ok, cool....
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast