Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1748

Thread: January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Quote Originally Posted by mmb195152 View Post
    I hate to add more fuel here, but I need to. I think we discussed re gifting is ok, but NOT the hand made items made especially for us. I would also hate to see something I MADE re gifted to someone else. But I also love seeing all the homemade gifts in the packages, and would feel bad if people stopped doing it.

I put a lot of thought and effort into the packages I send out, but I have no way of knowing if the recipient expects more unless I am told. I am also fairly new to this, and am learning more each time I participate. I hope that I am not one who was a "bad giver". I tried to comply to the rules, but how do I know if the on line thank you is truthful? I have not heard from my sp recipient yet. I hope the reason is not that she expected more, or didn't like it. How would I ever find out if I am a "bad apple"? I certainly would want to know, and either get better, or stop participating.

And Lori, I know you work hard at this, and I appreciate everything you do. Thanks for all your hard work.
    All very true. Mary
    Mary

I have thought about todays posts for a while now, and figured I might as well toss in my two cents. I read the posts everyday, and feel like I know the regulars who post and that they are a part of my life. Therefore hearing about the things happening in their lifes is fun for me. I toss in a comment here and there as I get time. I feel like we are a big group of friends just sharing what it going on with our lifes, good, bad, or sad.

Lori you do a wonderful job running the swap. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by me. Have you ever watched the herding cats video clip on U-tube...kinda like running this swap I am sure.

I don't mind if someone regifts the items I have chosen for them, I try to look at what they have posted and choose well but sometimes you just don't like an item or don't need it. I would never re-gift the items made for me. I do have to fight my daughters to keep them.

Thank you to everyone who makes this swap as fun as it is. I love being a part of it.
    Vicki W

I think regarding the re-gifting issue....and it's my interpretation of what Lori said....it's the "quality" of the item...not the monetary value or such. To receive an item that is gently used such as patterns, magazines, rulers, etc. is fine. But the "quality" issue is when the item is given that's dusty, dirty, tattered, stained or broken making the receiver feel like their swap partner didn't feel like their partner was important enough to warrant a decent re-gifted item. And also, when an item is handmade for a partner, I would prefer to not see it on later in the same month or in next month's swap. Making something for my swap partner is me saying, "I thought about you and I give you a part of my heart." Regardless, I'm sure most of us adhere to the rules of the $10 amount and a good portion of us go over and above (which is our choice) but it's the "quality" is what the issue is....at least it would be for me as well as being thanked for the extra mile I've gone to make something.

Blog Entries
    Well normally I would (try to) keep my mouth (or fingers in this case)
    quiet, but alas I can not this time.

I do not mind if someone doesn't like something I buy them, and they
    want to re-gift it. IF (when) I do make something handmade it will be
    geared more to that person and may even be personalized (with initials,
    or name).

When it comes to ME re-gifting 99.9% of my problem is I don't get rid
    of very much I tend to keep EVERYTHING I get in swaps, like it or not,
    need it or not, have a use for it or not.

But I would NEVER part with anything that was handmade for me by
    someone.

So just know that IF you should ever make ME something it will stay
    with ME, and I will not even let anyone in my family take it from me.

Point in case:
    I thought I was gonna have to cut the paws (just kidding here) off
    one of my furkids because they got into my sewing room and started
    nosing around in my stuff and took something that was made for me.
    I even took my fat tush under the bed to retrieve it from the offender
    when they ran to hide from me. The kitty sulked around me for several
    hours from the scolding they got.

Ok I said what I wanted now I will slink back into my corner and be quiet
    (fat chance of that happening, hubs would love it if I shut up once in awhile LOL).

Sorry if my "dry" humor offends anyone tonight, that is just my personality
    at times.

I am so sorry to hear that there seems to be people who have not yet received
    their sp package yet. It makes me sad to know this, and I hope SOON that you
    will get it.

My hugs to ALL of you.

Louise
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMPanther View Post
    Hey skaduzy...no...You're not the only one! I still have two out there somewhere! I'm puttin on my purple fleece jacket, some gloves, scarf, and a hat and I'll bring some hot chocolate to the bench!!
    Maybe we aren't behind. Maybe it just seems that way because so many were sent early. But Hot chocolate does sound good so I may join you!
    Last edited by skaduzy; 01-22-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    to myself: speak no evil, send out only positive energy

Name:  Dragon-Plugging-His-Mouth.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  68.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Mary, that is positively unsanitary!!!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    I am asking everyone to use the current set of questions when they sign up for FEB. I am still getting the old outdated questions. Please answer all of them! When I asked if you have allergies I think that you understood what i was askig but allergens are things that people might be allergeric to So answer them all please. I am also asking that everyone who did not get a thank you pm to send me a pm letting me know.

Blog Entries
    better than sticking my foot in my mouth. i havent had a pedicure since......

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post

Hey everyone hope you've all had a good day! All I'm going to say is I love this swap and it's about the only thread I really read everyday. Lori thank you for all your hard work! I enjoy reading everyones day to day comments even though I may not comment on everything. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to find the list of everyone who participates in the sp swap?

Blog Entries
    crafty darlene try this link for the group matrix. http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...p-g11-d42.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
    Hey everyone hope you've all had a good day! All I'm going to say is I love this swap and it's about the only thread I really read everyday. Lori thank you for all your hard work! I enjoy reading everyones day to day comments even though I may not comment on everything. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to find the list of everyone who participates in the sp swap?

Havplenty, thanks so very much for the quick reply. Just want to know if my sp has received her pkg.

and we don't want to know WHERE that tail has been
    Brenda

I don't want my secret pal to be concerned that I haven't received my package yet. We had a terrible storm and nearly 500,000 customers were without power (some of them still are). I'm sure I will received it in the next few days.

Lori, I am so appreciative of what you do. It is an impossible job pleasing everyone. But I think you do a GREAT job keeping the majority very happy and thankful for this swap and all your hard work.

I don't mind the chatter. You all are my friends and I love hearing what's going on in your lives.

I think regifting is just fine, except for handmade items. I was hurt when my 1st secret pal regifted a mug rug that I had made especially for her the very next month. I would never regift a handmade item. Everything else is fair game, imho.
    Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
    Renee

Blog Entries
    My SP lives around the area that got hit hard with that storm..I am really hoping that everything is ok with them..Diana

[QUOTE=gzuslivz;4901370]I don't want my secret pal to be concerned that I haven't received my package yet. We had a terrible storm and nearly 500,000 customers were without power (some of them still are). I'm sure I will received it in the next few days.
    ​Diana Lynne

Blog Entries
    I think it has been "talked" to death...I read what I want and skip the rest. case in point: I started a thread on my new puppy YOYO, and was notified it was switched to my blog, which nobody reads LOL SEE how easy it is to get off subject LOL, just feeling silly this AM and really don't care what anyone posts...BTY, love everything I get...if I have one I re-gift, no big deal....
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    Lori,I'm always thankful for what you do for us!! If it weren't for you we wouldn't have this swap! Your the best. I know I'm one who still haven't recieved package but I just wait. I love getting different things I keep a seperate box for items I recieve so they don't get regifted. I have been on the bad end of recieving and it doesn't feel good but I still do the swap.
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Blog Entries
    By the way, in case you're wondering, the SP chit chat thread is gone, gone, gone. Patrice said I posted it in the Pictures section. Did I? I didn't think so, but who knows. Anyway, she said she would have moved it to my blog, but for some reason she didn't or couldn't or whatever, so she said I should start a new one on my blog and invite people there. Well, I don't really feel like doing that so if someone else wants to, let me know and I'll visit.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Is the sign up for February up yet?
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Just wanted to say hello and that I love our swap members. Hope everyone has a sparkling day! I am working on my February package. That is a short month so I am getting a move on! I'm slow enough as it is without a month with only 28 days.

By the way, in case you're wondering, the SP chit chat thread is gone, gone, gone. Patrice said I posted it in the Pictures section. Did I? I didn't think so, but who knows. Anyway, she said she would have moved it to my blog, but for some reason she didn't or couldn't or whatever, so she said I should start a new one on my blog and invite people there. Well, I don't really feel like doing that so if someone else wants to, let me know and I'll visit.
    '
    No Krystyna, you posted in the right section, I went there once because I forgot to bookmark it. But I see it is gone now for sure. I don't see what was wrong with it being in the general chit chat to begin with????
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    '
    No Krystyna, you posted in the right section, I went there once because I forgot to bookmark it. But I see it is gone now for sure. I don't see what was wrong with it being in the general chit chat to begin with????
    Oh, it doesn't matter now, does it. I guess it made someone unhappy and it's not my board so that's that.
    It's a dreary grey day here so I'm making it brighter by continuing to work on my strip bucket. I pulled out all the red ones to make something special for my February pal.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    I am going to miss you all for the Feb swap ..But I will make sure to keep up with thread so I can see all the wonderful goodies that are sent ..Diana
    ​Diana Lynne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Lynne View Post
    I am going to miss you all for the Feb swap ..But I will make sure to keep up with thread so I can see all the wonderful goodies that are sent ..Diana
    Foo! My bright red special something might have been for YOU!
    Krystyna

Good Morning Everyone! I LOVE this swap and hope that Lori has the emotional strength within her to keep it going as she does a remarkable job organizing this swap for all of us and only asks that we do our part to see that our partners receive a nice package each month and to keep her updated with the status of our packages. I personally enjoy the daily updates and discussions along with seeing everyones packages and projects. I also feel it is important to be here to support our quilting board friends during difficult times and to be able to celebrate the joyful times in our lives.

Thank you Lori! You are appreciated!!!
    ~ Moedeenie

Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 ... LastLast