Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: July - Oct 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

Leila (Granky), so happy you like your WH. I normally do not buy many pre-cuts either, but thought they might be fun for a holiday creation.

Very "pretty in purple" WH you received Queenbarbiej. I really like a little green with purples too. Nice work Quiltinglawyer......so many little pieces.

! What fabulous wall hangings !!!! We've had a great round this time! I can't wait to see what we come up with next time!!!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-06-2019 at 05:53 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Beautiful wallhangings, ladies! And fun goodies, too!

I received the beautiful Cardinal Wallhanging from Granky today! I love it. The fabrics are much more vibrant then in picture. She also sent a zipper pouch full of Werther's Caramel candies (the only candy allowed in my sewing room) and a package of cute sewing room novelty buttons. Thank you, so much, Granky!! (I don't think I mentioned that my Christmas theme is Cardinal decor....so woohoo!! Big score!) hugs!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

I just love cardinals, and their red color matched with a bevy of blues and cream is striking in your WH Teen. So pretty. I love how it perfectly fits with your holiday theme. Great job Granky! Nice extras too.

Blog Entries
    So many pretty wall hangings. Every one of them would be happy living with me.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Mine was sent and will arrive to new owner soon. Anticipation! It is fun to see what everyone is getting. It is a nice break for me to look at all the goodies arriving. Will post a picture when I get my WH. Can’t wait.

My husband just delivered my package to me.... I stayed home today and hadnít left the couch... perimenopause periods are the absolute worst thing I have ever experienced... anyways... he brought me the most lovely WHing from UBE! I will post a pic tomorrow when I get to work but I wanted to say thank you so much! Your work is just lovely and absolutely perfect!

QueenbarbieJ Iím so glad you like it! It warms my soul that it went to another purple lover!

Such a beautiful round of wall hangings this time. So much talent in this swap. You ladies are awesome!!!!!
    Rumbols

Feel better soon, Quiltinglawyer!! I can so relate! Sounds like your spirits were lifted with ube's gorgeous WH! I have one of her creations from a couple of swaps ago so I know the craftsmanship is top notch!
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbols View Post
    Such a beautiful round of wall hangings this time. So much talent in this swap. You ladies are awesome!!!!!
    Ditto what Rumbols said!

Blog Entries
    Unfortually I haven'y received mine and tomorrow , Friday here ,I will be away holidaying for a week so I won't be able to let the sender know if it arrives while i'm away

Have a wonderful holiday, R-sea! Hopefully, your package will be waiting for you when you get home.

Let it snow, let it snow! Granky, perfect quilt to get ready for winter!

Received mine from Sue yesterday and I can't begin to tell you how fitting it is... so I will summarize!

I have a 70 pound golden doodle named Bugaroo or Bug. Yesterday going to the mail box, I left him in the car to check the box. Came back to get in the car and he jumped out under my arms! Ran right in to traffic. blessed everyone with brakes and patience. The more I called him the further he ran. I walked quarter of mile up to the vet to drag him back by the collar. He was in so much trouble. But I am grateful and blessed that he is alive.

So, Sue... I love my little wall hanging plus goodies!!!!!

Name:  Wall Swap Nov 2019.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  442.1 KB
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-07-2019 at 04:53 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Glad you like it Sharon....maybe it’s in the cards for you to get a cat to keep that doodle in line.
    I am so happy he’s safe after that adventure.
    If I ever get another dog it will be another German Shepherd or a golden doodle. They are adorable.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

I mailed my Wall Hanging out on the 5th so Hopefully it will travel quickly to the far away address, I know she will be waiting patiently for it to arrive. I ended up being admitted to the hospital the same day for kidney stones I spent two days and one night there and I am at home now dealing with the pain and everything.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-08-2019 at 05:17 PM. Reason: PM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingLawyer View Post
    QueenbarbieJ I’m so glad you like it! It warms my soul that it went to another purple lover!
    My little ears were listening when I heard murmers of appreciation for your purple masterpiece. So the one who murmered the most won this prize LOL I don't often match a wh with a specific person but this one was special and I wanted to make sure it reached a purple lover. I also love to make this type of quilt with what I call confusion quilting my version of crazy quilting.

Blog Entries
    Take care Armylady. I have helped my DH through a particularly difficult stone and it took two surgeries at two different hospitals to remove the offender. It is an extremely painful ordeal. Blessings and meditations are forthcoming. Hope you are feeling better soon.

peace

Blog Entries
    I received a most charming WHing from Queenbarbie today and will post a picture on Saturday. It is adorable and has special stitching on it that I want to learn more about.

peace

Waiting and enjoying the anticipation. It will either be tomorrow or Tuesday due to the holiday. My secret WH recipient should have it today or tomorrow at the latest. Enjoy all the pics.

Bugaroo, Cute as can be WH from Sue, and I can relate to your story. We have a spaniel completely controlled by her nose so you never know where it will take her....plus she can't hear anymore.

Armylady, Sorry your are going through such a painful ordeal. Hope you are soon feeling much better.

Received

Just went to the mailbox and received a beautiful fall wall hanging from Darcy......very nice! She used a narrow black braid at the seam line of the binding and it really sets it off. Iíll post a picture of the back too because itís really pretty and I think I will flip it in the spring and show the flowers. Also sent a fat quarter and an adorable pair of socks. Thanks Darcy, what a great package to open!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast