Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: July - Oct 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

I would like to join. The question I have is what type of hanging system is used on wall hangings? Is it a long sleeve on the back, triangular pieces on the back corners or tabs across the top? Or can we include curtain rod rings with clips for some one to hang it with?

Great minds, indeed! Teen, a perfect way to use those extra hexies. I still love swings, and I agree your wall hanging would be nice over a door (or window).

granky, your work on both wall hangings is just wonderful. I love winter scenes and both of yours are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
    I would like to join. The question I have is what type of hanging system is used on wall hangings? Is it a long sleeve on the back, triangular pieces on the back corners or tabs across the top? Or can we include curtain rod rings with clips for some one to hang it with?

We we would love to have you join, queenbarbiej!! You can do whatever you want on a hanging system....none are required..... I've mostly done loops at the top but this swap I am doing a sleeve. So, you are welcome to do whatever works best for you....believe me, we will hang them regardless. Lol... Looking forward to seeing your creation!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    Love that wall hanging Teen. I can't believe ou are ready to mail. I haven't started yet and I just heard that my work is going back to full time so my sewing hours are going to be really limited but I will persist to the end, ha-ha.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Love your wall hanging Teen; love swings as they make , me remember my childhood.
    Welcome Queenbarbiej. I am with Teen, having done both loops and sleeves on my WH. Anything you want to make will be fine with this group. We love newbies.
    Granky, like both your wall hangings.

Everyone, I am finally FREE to quilt all I want. Both my hands are healed. Just need to get the strength back for using scissors. I am working on my Blue Delft applique quilt (from Piecing the Past) I started last year. Had all the pieces made but not appliqued on the backgrounds. Hopefully this will be done by next year, LOL.
    Rumbols

Thank you, all!!

Rock on, Rumbols!! Woohoo....so happy for you! I know that blue delft pattern...it is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it. Linny expressed an interest in seeing my hexi quilt so I should be able to share with you all this week. Doing sashing and borders...hopefully done this week.
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    Love that wall hanging Teen. I can't believe ou are ready to mail. I haven't started yet and I just heard that my work is going back to full time so my sewing hours are going to be really limited but I will persist to the end, ha-ha.
    Not sure if that is good or bad, Ube, having to work fulltime again but totally stinks it impacted sewing time. We quilter's are creative with our time....you will be too...

Love this one Teen.....it’s really cute.

Nice wall hangings Granky.

These sure are cute. I've been gone a while. (Like 2 years) working on lots of Quilts of Valor. Just haven't had time to come here to visit or participate in anything else. Are they still doing the doll quilts or have the wall hangings sort of replaced them? Those used to get huge participation like 30 pairs sometimes. Such fun. Glad I'm back.

Blog Entries
    M.I. Late....love your name! We're glad you're back too...(assuming you're one of the participants????)

Blog Entries
    Thank you ladies for your kind words about the wall hangings that I am not happy with! Maybe I'll do a bit of re-working to see if either of them can appeal to me. If not, other ideas are swirling through my head...onward ho! (That is, as soon as the red and black is done...it's almost there!)

Blog Entries
    Red and black is done!!!!!! Yeah!!!!! Grandson always posts to facebook, so if he does post a pic of the quilt (after his wife presents it to him) then I'll post it here. I'm not proud of it, but then, it wasn't my choice....but I wouldn't dare post a picture before their anniversary...I don't think he would see it, but one never knows....now....on to my playtime.....

Beautiful!!! I really like this!

The swings in the trees are wonderful!!

Linny......here is my hexi quilt..

https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictur...l-t306430.html

Thank you for showing more of your lovely work.

Teen, your hexies are awesome!! You ladies are showing some really great looking wall hangings here. Great job.
    Rumbols

Teen, I love your hexi quilt. It looks so delicate....absolutely beautiful!
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Thank you everyone!! I'm. I'm very excited to quilt that one...

Blog Entries
    Keeping my promise....told you if Grandson posted a picture of his red and black anniversary quilt on Facebook that I would post a picture here, so here it is...as I said earlier, I'm not proud of it, but I didn't do the choosing.....
    Name:  Johns Anniversary Quilt.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  450.1 KB
    Life happens...and we react...

Blog Entries
    it looks great!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I would be proud if I made this, granky. It turned out awesome...so much work went into creating this unique, one of kind quilt.. We'll done! I have not ventured into picture quilts yet. This one inspired me!

Your quilt looks very nice and you put a lot of work into it, Granky, and they love it so that means it’s perfect!

You did a fab job with your red/black quilt. Lots of memories in those pics. Looks great. Granky, you should be proud.
    Rumbols

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast