Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST >

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

Old 08-13-2012, 07:55 PM

thank you. olivia had just finished dinner and had not had her face washed, but other than that she is a very neat eater. never wears a bib. the dress pattern is really cute with a zigzag hem (which you can't see, thanks, dh! lol). my daughter wanted a mother / daughter dress when i worked at laura ashley mother and child shop. i did it once, but it was too pricey to do again, and i was working 3 jobs and no time to sew. i still have the dress i smocked for her. after 2 boys it was a treat to have a little girl! i designed some overalls for the boys when they were little, and a sweater. girl clothes are just more fun!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:41 AM

Stoping in to say HI! Been unbelievably busy, but needed my friend fix. LOL Moving is NOT fun!! Absolutely gorgeous quilts ladies!! and an even more adorable DGD!! Aren't they a blessing? And I love the dress. I made my girls dresses when they were little. I liked to make them and they liked to wear them. Now you couldn't get a dress on them cept for a wedding or something equally as rare. Enjoy while you can. Onalee
Old 08-14-2012, 10:06 AM

onalee- i know what you mean on all counts! at one point i had logged 19 moves, and i wasn't an army brat!
by 18 months old my daughter would not allow me to put pants on her. had to be dresses, and they had to twirl. it is rare to see her in a dress now, too.

i have rec'd an adorable quilt from mary, but dh broke the camera at olivia's party. it probably fell to the floor in exhaustion as he took 71 pictures of her! i will see about getting a new camera pronto! she also sent beautiful fabrics, 3 or 4 dq's worth at the very least!!
i have had 2 wonderful swap partners this swap, and wonderful partners every swap so far! this board is the greatest! thanks, ladies!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:35 AM

Sorry this is so late, but the day after I got my doll quilt we left town in the RV. No Internet for 4 weeks. Skaduzy Made me this darling doll quilt and a cute coin purse. My DH decided the coin purse would be very useful for his camera. He loves having quilted things to show off to his biking buddies. Thanks, Sue, I just love the bright R,W, and B. [ATTACH=CONFIG]356355[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]356356[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2544.jpg   img_2545.jpg  
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Swap Hosts

Tess, so glad you're back! Sue sure made you a darling quilt.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:35 PM

She is just being an old biddy~ What a terrible thing to say! And she knew she was being rude, that makes it so much worse in my book! My Granddaughter is going to be 3 in October, I send her a package every few months. My Daughter says she has to show all the kids in school (day care) what her grammie made for her. Even when I messed up and made her a summer dress with 1/4 in seam! (the quilter in me I guess) the dress was way too big, but my little angel insisted on wearing it!

I can forgive stupidity, but meanness is so much harder. She has to be just an old jealous nag... I am sending you a big hug. The dress is so adorable, I love the fabric, and your Granddaughter is so cute, keep on sewing for her Grandma, she will always know you made it with love.

Marybeth
Old 08-19-2012, 07:51 PM

thanks, marybeth! i guess she was having a tough day or something. she can be very nice. we are the 2nd set of three g'parents. she is the 3rd wife of the father of the bride. maybe she was feeling left out or forgotten, or not very important, i don't know. she did help my ddil frost and decorate the birthday cake, which i hate to admit was wonderful all the way through! my diet crashed and burned! the whole trrip was eating out! i took a lot of dresses and spanx! such good tex-mex!!!
the quilt is lovely! such nice balance in the design and colorwork!!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:39 PM

tesspug/skaduzy that is just the cutest DQ