Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups >

June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

Old 05-31-2018, 09:02 AM

I have 99 blocks completed. Hope to make 1 more this evening, label my bags and have them ready to mail tomorrow.

All scrappy sounds fun but so did the florals with yellow.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
deb, in this swap one “set” is ten completely different blocks (all different fabrics). I apologize for the confusing language.
SBG,
Got'cha. I'm the new kid in the playground who wants to know the rules.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm finishing up (100 blocks) and the way I've done some, they're all 5/4's, no 4/5 so I didn't want to be late to the game finding out I should have made both parts of the equation (if you know what I mean). Should be sending next week sometime. I'll pm you. Do we have to provide a tracking number for you?

Do we post pics of some blocks or are they to be a surprise?

deb~
Old 05-31-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thanks for that link, Billi... Really cute quilt by MSQC! Basically, it's an Irish Chain set sideways... Another pattern for color and white 9Ps.

I'm strongly leaning towards 5 scrappy color/ 4 whites 9 patches for next time. There are so many patterns for those! And... we could use up single 2.5" squares if we want to. I have a whole collection of them.
I love this idea!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
SBG,
Got'cha. I'm the new kid in the playground who wants to know the rules.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm finishing up (100 blocks) and the way I've done some, they're all 5/4's, no 4/5 so I didn't want to be late to the game finding out I should have made both parts of the equation (if you know what I mean). Should be sending next week sometime. I'll pm you. Do we have to provide a tracking number for you?

Do we post pics of some blocks or are they to be a surprise?

deb~
4/5 and 5/4 are the same thing to me... either configuration of just two fabrics is fine. And yes, we love to see pictures shared. Post your favorites!
Old 05-31-2018, 02:26 PM

It is a good thing they are the same to you, I would have messed up otherwise. Working on using up strips.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:33 PM

terriamn, well... the suspense! Did you get the 1 block sewn? lol That was a funny post. :-)

I'm not sure which is which between the 5/4 and 4/5, but I love the 9patches with 5 darks and 4 lights. Sometimes the contrast is not clear enough to tell which group to say the block actually belongs to...

Last edited by givio; 05-31-2018 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:36 PM

How about scrappy with solids? That way you can use up all your solid scraps?

I have been working on my nephew’s quilt all week. I wasn’t able to finish it in time, but I was close!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595300[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails a921ba8e-3d1b-4c3a-a5bb-fd2c8900da3e.jpeg  
Old 05-31-2018, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

That quilt is looking good, Maude. Your solids would fall into the "scrappy" category. Just mix them in with your prints. We want color, not necessarily just prints.

It's just about cut off time for our swap. If you haven't joined by now, we'll hope to see you next time. I think we ended up with 25! A great group.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 05-31-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:55 PM
Power Poster

I'm in Memphis tonight at my daughter's. Took me all day to get here, when it's usually just a 3 hour drive. One hour out of Memphis the traffic suddenly slowed to a stop on Interstate 55! Then we crawled along, stop and go a few inches, stop, go, stop, go... for nearly 3 hours. All Highway Patrol and sheriff's dept. officers were out, helping us to exit the interstate and detour for miles to get back on the interstate, further north. What happened, unbeknownst to all of us drivers, was that a semi carrying a 24 ton load of sulfur flipped over and then exploded! The interstate had to be shut down and people who lived in the area were told to evacuate. Sulfur is dangerous if inhaled... The poor driver was so badly burned he had to be airlifted to Memphis. Two state patrol officers were also burned trying to get him out of the truck. God bless them.

I will say one thing tho, everyone in traffic was patient and respectful of other drivers. People helped each other. I am claustrophobic and when my car is just crawling along, surrounded by thousands of vehicles ahead and behind me and nowhere to go... I freak out. But God kept me calm today. It was quite a day, but it all worked out and we got to see how amazing people are in an emergency. Especially the troopers and deputies. Everyone pulled together. I hope the burn victims are going to be alright. Prayers for them, tonight.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:59 AM

Love your quilt, Billi! It's amazing that you have it finished so quickly - great work! I have about 30 patches made for the new swap, but have been mainly working on completing the quilt top from the last one - not quite ready to post pics yet, but getting closer - deciding on a border now. Hope to see lots more pics soon - so much fun to see such a variety of colors