Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups >

June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

Old 06-10-2018, 07:56 AM

Hi swappers'

Again you guys are showing fantastic block combinations I want one of all of them hahahaha seriously they are great and I am excited to make my next 9 patch. I was thinking I would be sitting round 3 with the whites out, I am committed to a few projects right now and don't know if I will have the time. With the break SBG is talking about I just might not have too. YAY! hopefully timing will work out as I have one final move sometime late summer early fall I'll keep my fingers crossed. I highly appreciate the heads up about the parameters so I can start making some if I find the time.

Moonrise: I came up with 1 2/3 yards so 2 would be what I would buy. Pretty good maths without caffein my friend. I barely attempt to breath without my morning coffee fix.

NZQuilter: Thanks for that link there are some terrific scrap quilts in there I love the eye candy.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:17 PM

Sewbizgirl - I'm not on your list for this swap, but had pm's. Pls let me know if I should stop making blocks. It's my first priority for tomorrow, so if I didn't make it in for this round, knowing sooner rather than later would be great.

I like solid white - wow's and coc's are not fabrics I have on hand. Only in the last couple of years have i used true white (whether that's snow, bright white, porcelain, etc.). Before that, light cream was as far as I could go, and even then usually had a small print on it.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Power Poster

Peace and Joy, I am so sorry I failed to put your name on the list. Yes, you signed up 5/30 and we have pm’d since then. I did not intend to leave you off the list. Yes, make blocks and I will add your name. Welcome!
Old 06-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Power Poster

To clarify, for the next round of this swap we will be making checkerboards with scrappy and white. 5 different prints and 4 whites in each block. The scrappies go in the 4 corners and center. AND, you may repeat fabrics you have already used in the first two swaps! Yay! Since these blocks are a different style, I’m assuming they will not end up in the same quilt with your blocks from the first two rounds of the swap. So repeats won’t be a problem.

Use what is solid white, in your best judgement. Think “snowy white”. There will be a slight variation in whites, which is fine. Just please don’t use cream or beige or even “winter white” (which is a duller white.). Any white like new fallen snow! No WOWs please. Thanks...
Old 06-11-2018, 07:53 AM

SBG, blocks went out through the PO this morning. Expected delivery date is Wednesday, 13th.

d~
Old 06-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

Two more packages arrived today... Evie and Terriamn!

Cheesehead.......received
Givio
Moonrise...........received
Billi ..................received
Dharen7
Maudeflanagan
Quiltermomma
D.Henson...........received
sewbizgirl...........received
Janice McC
Darcy Shannon
Irish Mom
sunrise450
Evie....................received
IreneC
Honchey
happylab
obrienwv
bungalow59........received
quilt addict
terriamn.............received
aborning
sprice................received
Gannyrosie.........received
Whigrose
peaceandjoy

Whigrose, thanks for the head's up. I will watch for your package Wednesday.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
To clarify, for the next round of this swap we will be making checkerboards with scrappy and white. 5 different prints and 4 whites in each block. The scrappies go in the 4 corners and center. AND, you may repeat fabrics you have already used in the first two swaps! Yay! Since these blocks are a different style, I’m assuming they will not end up in the same quilt with your blocks from the first two rounds of the swap. So repeats won’t be a problem.

Use what is solid white, in your best judgement. Think “snowy white”. There will be a slight variation in whites, which is fine. Just please don’t use cream or beige or even “winter white” (which is a duller white.). Any white like new fallen snow! No WOWs please. Thanks...
Sewbiz, I didn't know this swap was posted yet. I guess my first question would be, when does this swap start and when will swaps be due to you?
I haven't even got the blocks ready for this swap that we are in and there is already another in the planning! (or is it already started!)
Old 06-11-2018, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

It has not been posted and won't be for a while after this one wraps up. Probably a month's break would be good. I just gave the parameters early because some people like to work ahead and have already finished this swap and mailed their blocks in.

No rush... we will finish this swap and rest from our 9-patches for about a month. Then we'll be back at it with scrappy and white! No need to start making those before the sign ups happen.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:32 AM

I see blocks are rolling in to SBG. There have been so many beautiful color combinations posted already. My blocks are in the baggies but I haven’t gotten them mailed off yet. Should get to it by the end of the week.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Yes, they are coming in! I just finished my last 10 today, making 100 blocks to swap. Here's a picture of a few of them:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595891[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3847.jpg