Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Magical Forest Swap - Sign-Ups Close May 15, 2012

The packages are rolling in! I was hoping to get the ones I have logged yesterday, but it ended up being a busier day than I thought. I am planning on going to my PO Box tomorrow and then I will log and PM everyone then. If you have not mailed yet, if you send the package priority mail on Tuesday (tomorrow), it should be here in time. If you give me a tracking number from Tuesday to show it went priority, then even if the mailman takes a day longer than expected, I will wait for it.

I should have all the packages by the weekend, and then I will be able to swap and mail everything next week!!

Thanks everyone!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see if the one's I sent were received! I'm just loving this swap, I find myself making a few extra blocks for it in anticipation
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Quote Originally Posted by babyfireo4 View Post
    Can't wait to see if the one's I sent were received! I'm just loving this swap, I find myself making a few extra blocks for it in anticipation
    Not yet!! But I will be checking again tomorrow or Thursday. I am sure it will be here right on time.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have sent PMs to those that I have gotten packages from. I haven't gotten any PMs about packages being mailed today, so I assume those that I do not have yet have already mailed. If your name is still on the list and you will not be mailing, I would appreciate a PM so I do not have to worry about your package. Here is a link to our list:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...p-g16-d64.html

Thanks so much!! I am really looking forward to swapping this one out!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    Name:  DSC02600.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  896.3 KB

I made the three log cabins and then three of these trees to complete a set of 6, and of course the first set of fairies that I posted before Figured I could post the tree and share!

Love the tree babyfire04. I'm excited to see what blocks come my way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbemerald View Post
    Love the tree babyfire04. I'm excited to see what blocks come my way.
    Same here, so excited to see the blocks. Getting a bit nervous though that my squishie hasn't been received yet! Especially since the ETA was the 29th by priority!

Everything has been checked in and PMs were sent!! Sorry for the delay in updating, my friend had her second baby this weekend and needed my help keeping an eye on her first little one. I am hoping to swap these tomorrow, I will update here once they have been swapped.

Thanks everyone!!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    I am soooo excited, can't wait to start my Magical forest quilt. I am making it for my DIL, who is a gnome freak! She has them all over her house and her yard!

What a great swap this was Rachel
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

I got all the blocks swapped today and I came out perfectly, usually I end up one or two off somehow hehe .... Now I just need to get them all packaged to mail tomorrow!! Woo-hoo!!

Rachel

Okay, all packages have been mailed!! I believe all but one went priority mail, so be on the look out for them in the next 2 or 3 days. I hope you all enjoy your blocks, and be sure to share pictures of the ones you got with us!! Many of the ones that got sent in were never posted here.

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    Rachel,
    Thanks That was quick swapping! Will post pics when they get here. Thanks for hosting this swap, it has been tons of fun.
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
    Okay, all packages have been mailed!! I believe all but one went priority mail, so be on the look out for them in the next 2 or 3 days. I hope you all enjoy your blocks, and be sure to share pictures of the ones you got with us!! Many of the ones that got sent in were never posted here.

Cheers!
    Rachel

My package arrived yesterday! The blocks are all wonderful!! Thank you to everyone who participated and especially to Rachel, the BEST hostess.
    shirley

Blog Entries
    Received my squishie today!! Love all the blocks, It was tons of fun swapping with you all. Hope we can have another like this soon.

Name:  DSC02619.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  898.8 KB
    Name:  DSC02620.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  791.2 KB

look at all those darling blocks, can't wait to mine.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Mine arrived today! Wonderful job, everyone, and thanks to the hostess!
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Blog Entries
    I got mine today also, they are amazing, I love them! will try to post picture tomorrow!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Rachel, thank you so much for all your effort. My pack arrived yesterday and I showed them off to my sewing club, they loved them! It is so much fun to see the postings above and say "that one is mine". Good job ladies it was fun, now on to the next one, P/P garden. I wish I knew how to post pictures.

Mine came yesterday. I will try to get pictures later. I love every single one of them. Thank you all and thank you Rachel.

All of my fun blocks came yesterday! It sure was fun to see what everyone made. Thank-you.
    Rachel thanks for hosting.

Question What to do with unfinnished edges on applique blocks recieved in swap?

I got all my cute blocks. Thank you to all that participated. I am looking forward to using them in multiple projects. I wonder if I can ask a question. Some of the blocks appeared to be appliqued but not sew down. I have never done applique without sewing down the fabric after fusing. I am concerned about using them in quilts especially in the ones for children. How do they hold up in washings? What do you do with them? Can I just use them or should I try and sew them down in some fashion? Sorry, I do not mean to be critical in any way and hope no one minds me asking. I just wonder as I am not familiar with it. The blocks are adorable.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 06-09-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    I got all my cute blocks. Thank you to all that participated. I am looking forward to using them in multiple projects. I wonder if I can ask a question. Some of the blocks appeared to be appliqued but not sew down. I have never done applique without sewing down the fabric after fusing. I am concerned about using them in quilts especially in the ones for children. How do they hold up in washings? What do you do with them? Can I just use them or should I try and sew them down in some fashion? Sorry, I do not mean to be critical in any way and hope no one minds me asking. I just wonder as I am not familiar with it. The blocks are adorable.
    If they were one's from me, you can sew them down. I made them with sewable fusible but didn't sew them so if anyone wanted the quilting to show the outline it wouldn't have double stitching (Doest that make sense to anyone but me lol). I'm still new to applique but the few I have done the quilting was also what held the applique in place. Is it supposed to be seperate?

Thank you for your kind reply. I do not know if they were yours in particular. I just looked over all blocks when I layed them out and it appears more people used this method. I think I am catching what you are saying. So, yes, they need sewing but you normally do it while quilting. OK I will decide before I start a project if I will sew down the edges before piecing or during quilting.Often I avoid the applique during quilting so I will most likely do it before. Thanks for letting me know that it needs to be done. Very helpful response!I love all the blocks and hope to post some pictures of all the blocks soon. I did not realize how many I traded in this swap till I got all the blocks back. I'd have enough for a small lap quilt. LOL Special thanks to our wonderful swap host. Rachel you are amazing and thank you for envisioning and carrying out this swap and its magical forest theme. I really liked this swap and getting to know everyone better through it too. Hope to "see" all of you in some of the other swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfireo4 View Post
    If they were one's from me, you can sew them down. I made them with sewable fusible but didn't sew them so if anyone wanted the quilting to show the outline it wouldn't have double stitching (Doest that make sense to anyone but me lol). I'm still new to applique but the few I have done the quilting was also what held the applique in place. Is it supposed to be seperate?
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 06-10-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Cool Posting pictures!

One is of swap blocks I received and one of similar ones I send in. I will probably not use all the blocks in the same project but I am confident they will all find a home. Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Annaquilts; 06-10-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    Anna Quilts

I am so happy everyone is loving their blocks!! this was a very fun swap to do. If anyone gets a top together, please share it with us!! I am not quite sure what I will do with my yet either.

Cheers!
    Rachel

I'm so late in sending you all this message. I would have replied sooner, but I had family descend upon me. They left a couple of days ago and I'm now recovering...LOL.

I love all of the blocks that I've received! Every block was so well done! Thanks to all!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast