Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

I better google for US castles, might learn something :-).

I want to leave feedback but can't figure out how to, please help. I have done it before, so it must be a senior moment LOL

I've been to a lot of places in Ohio that people that have lived here all their lives have never been to.

This is what I want to see. I took this picture are River Day a couple of years ago. For the non-locals, it is a day set aside in May for communties along the Cuyahoga River to host clean ups and other activities.
    Name:  100_1540.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  1.37 MB
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Quote Originally Posted by fabric lover View Post
    I better google for US castles, might learn something :-).

I want to leave feedback but can't figure out how to, please help. I have done it before, so it must be a senior moment LOL
    You go to the person's name and go to Feedback Score and click on the number, then you fill out the message and go to Leave Feedback for -------- way over to the right side of the page and I think that's it

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
    This is what I want to see. I took this picture are River Day a couple of years ago. For the non-locals, it is a day set aside in May for communties along the Cuyahoga River to host clean ups and other activities.
    Name:  100_1540.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  1.37 MB
    Very nice wild iris. I wonder what the banks of the Cuyahoga look like since they got rid of the dams.

Blog Entries
    beautiful flowers, not quite time for them here yet, but sure looking forward to them. we have a big castle here on Long Island Ny. We have Oheka Castle in Woodbury LI, about 35 minutes from my house, My sister went to a wedding there and all the guests stayed overnight. Never been there, but the owner made the news last month when some idiot shot him in the head, he's o.k.
    went out to applebees for corned beef and cabbage. the corned beef was excellent. the cabbage was the worst. so the manager gave us desert for free. very nice. i'll go again next year.
    Keep those great pictures coming. More pc and nc tomorrow, I hope
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

You also have Boldt Castle that is in the Thousand Islands. I did go to that one. I live 5 miles from Stan Hywet Hall that is the 12th largest house in the US. I got a membership last year and only got to go there once. There is Singer Castle that is also in the Thousand Islands that the Pres of Singer sewing machines lived there. This is Stan Hywet
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Here is a pic of 'Biltmore House and Gardens' in Ashville, North Carolina. I have been there 3 times. It's beautiful.

One part of the gardens. They also have a winery, and so many beautiful things to see there. Not far from the Smokey Mountains. It is the largest house in the United States. Below in the Building is a indoor bowling alley, servant quarters, swimming pool, etc.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Wow ladies great pictures. I have never been to a castle. I always wanted to go to Hurst castle in California. I never did go. Very pretty flowers too. I'll have to check for castles around here. Thanks for the pictures and posts.Hi Lynnie.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Ok, what would Tennessee be without mentioning 'Dollywood' lol....

Susan

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Name:  St Patrick's Day.gif
Views: 63
Size:  84.1 KB

We are getting severe weather here in Florida with rain and high winds. A good day to stay inside and sew. I joined the doll quilt swap this month. I received my DQ from my partner but have to finish the one for her. So, I will be busy all day. She sent me the must wonderful Spring quilt. I am thrilled! Have a good day.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Happy St. Pat's Day

I feel like I should go out and have some green beer. I can't believe all the bad weather today. Even Va got snow. Fla is getting severe rain and for once I have sun.

Susan Biltmore House is beautiful. I can see why it's the largest house in the US. I've been to quite a few mansions in Newport, RI. They call some of them castles. You can walk along the ocean on the Cliff Walk. That was about 1 1/2 hrs from me. It seems like when I was in NH I was close to a lot of places.

Karen show us a pic of your new doll quilt.

Happy St. Patty's Day !!!!! Please show us the doll quilt.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    Ok, what would Tennessee be without mentioning 'Dollywood' lol....

I just realized the butterfly is flowers.how pretty.
    Mary

Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone! It is very cold in NYC -26 degrees with a windchill making it feel like 18 degrees-brrrrrrrr. I feel bad for those in the parade. Way too cold especially for those batton girls in the cute outfits. Well my pincushion and needle case are in the mail and heading west of me to one of my favorite states! Happy Quilting!

Blog Entries
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Susan

Blog Entries
    ~~~~~~Hi Mary!!!!
    ~~~Hi all. happy St. Pats day all!!

Dumb question.... what makes a castle a castle? does it just look like a castle or have to be a certain standard, ie, what it's made of, hight, towers ect. Over here on the island, there's a house/castle on the river in Oakdale, very big, castleish, hugh fireplaces in every room. Builtmore is always on commercials here on HGTV. Teddy Roosevelts house is here on the island. but not a castle, by my standards. oh, maybe it needs a drawbridge.

anyway.... no pincushion here yet. happy green day to everyone. I ate my corned beef yesterday at Applebess last night. Very good, very lean and tasty. I want some now!!!

Thanks for the pictures, everyone. Love that Dollywood sign.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I finally got my PC to the postoffice today and than realised I forgot to take a picture :-((.

Sorry,didn't work for me, couldn'tfind any number I could click on :-((
    Thanks for your help though.

Quote Originally Posted by nhnative View Post
    You go to the person's name and go to Feedback Score and click on the number, then you fill out the message and go to Leave Feedback for -------- way over to the right side of the page and I think that's it

Here's a picture of the doll quilt that I received. The picture doesn't do it justice. It's so much prettier in person.

Name:  March Doll Quilt - Lynda - Sapphire Rae.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  141.3 KB
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Sorry,didn't work for me, couldn'tfind any number I could click on :-((
    Thanks for your help though.
    Under fabric lover way down the last thing it Feedback Score: 1 (100%) You click on the 1 and it brings you to the feedback page and then you go way to the right side of that page and it says Leave feedback for (whoever)

Lynnie I'm not sure what makes it a castle. Some aren't even finished like the one I saw yesterday. Some are big, and small.

Karen What a cute doll quilt. It would be a great table topper

oooooooooooooooh, THERE it is!!!!! I went to my profile and then got stuck LOL. Thank you so much for taking the extra time for pushing my nose in the right direction :-)).

Quote Originally Posted by nhnative View Post
    Under fabric lover way down the last thing it Feedback Score: 1 (100%) You click on the 1 and it brings you to the feedback page and then you go way to the right side of that page and it says Leave feedback for (whoever)

Blog Entries
    klaws that is one pretty doll quilt. It is so pretty for spring.

fabric lover I was the same way when I was first trying to find the feedback to send. Glad you found where to go.

Lynnie I don't know either what makes a castle.

Well, one of my people was suppose to get their package from me today. The other one should have been the same, but it didn't show when I plug it in. With weather though some of you may not want to go looking today.

Have a great day. It's in the 30's here today, but just feels cold.

Susan

oooooooooooooooh, THERE it is!!!!! I went to my profile and then got stuck LOL. Thank you so much for taking the extra time for pushing my nose in the right direction :-)).
    Dya that is funny. Thank You for the positive feedback. You did it perfectly. The ladies on here are all very helpful.
    Mary

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast