Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23

Thread: March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

Blog Entries
    Wow that is so cute. I seen the first fishy, and noticed the little tab thing, but didn't know it hid all that in there. That is so cute. I love it.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

My partner was roserips..

Quote Originally Posted by NanaKathy55 View Post
    My partner was roserips..
    That's why I tried to take a picture of the inside of the fishy. At least you got your fishy posted right side up.lol.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Mary, the pink fabric, what kind is is, satin, velour or tie dye??? very pretty.
    My email address used to be pinkfish.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

It's kind of a tie dyed look cotton. If your a good girl maybe she'll make you one if she gets your name. lol
    Mary

Blog Entries
    ooooh, now that's tempting!!!! I think it's a cute design. I love it
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    the long pineneedles. my grandmas used to make baskets out of them. they were about 12 inches longs. that's the kind i'm looking for.
    I have a great tree in my back yard that supplies just the kind of needles you are looking for but Spring is not the time to harvest them they start dropping in August and I would be happy to send you a bunch of them then if you just remind me (I am so forgetful)

Blog Entries
    You are right about that roserips. That is the way my dad's pine trees are too. His may have some that long, but I will have to check. I just knew he wouldn't want me pulling them off his tree now. lol...His are called white pines. He worked all his life with wood, and in the forests with trees.

Susan

Blog Entries
    roserips, thank you so very much. I've been trying to find them for years. I know I won't be able to make them like my grandma did, but I want to at least try. she taught me a lot of crafts, and that was the best one she ever did.
    she made beautiful baskets, and paid for her trip up to NY every year buy seling them. I don't want to sell them (can't do them that good) but would love to have something like that around my house.
    thanks again

Blog Entries
    My grandmother on my mom's side was very poor, and use to use strips of fabric from clothes that were no longer used then braided them together to make really pretty rugs. She made all of us some, but I don't have mine. Many years ago when my son was only 3 we had a house fire and lost everything. Not really though, because it was just stuff. I was more concerned of me and my son getting out.

She also used the bags that bread came in, and somehow did something similar with them, and made little rugs. Oh, I think I know what she did now. I think she used a big crochet hook and crochet the plastic strips into small rugs. They were really cute too. She was recycling before it was even talked about years later.

I think it is so nice the things people before us made that was so pretty, and useful out of what they had.

Susan

Blog Entries
    my grandma did that too, and out of the bread bags, she cut them down and made pretty wreaths. I've been a recycler since I was a kid. being poor makes you creative. now i'm not so poor, but still creative

Talking of recycling and being poor kids. I remember taking the old rusted canning jar rings,covering them with tin foil. then waded up some more used foil into little balls about the size of a gum ball. Then took and strung the balls and had them hanging down in the middle of the ring. Looked kinda like a Christmas wreath with bells hanging down. Not sure what reminded me of that. Just a senor moment I guess for no reason.lol
    Mary

Name:  IMG_0162.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  8.4 KBI do hope that this sweet little bunny pincushion is displaying well when I post this notice! I have received my pincushion and I'm very sorry to be this late posting. I wanted to post a picture with it and had a bit of trouble getting it ready. A very special Thank You to my swap pal!
    We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own. ~Ben Sweetland

Also sorry to say that I have misplaced my partners info, so I can't give her proper acknowledgement just now. I will find your info soon!!! Many Thanks!
    We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own. ~Ben Sweetland

Blog Entries
    dgeskine hello. The host over the swap will be glad to give you the information you need. You can send her a pm and she will read it if not later tonight tomorrow.

Very pretty pincushion you received.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Thanks Susan for letting me now it's here.
    I made the pincushion, it's April's PC. I mail very early, I hope you like it.
    My name was on the outside of the package, it was wrapped up a few weeks ago.
    the pic came out small, maybe you can post it in Aprils swap.

Thanks Lynnie! Just realized that I posted to the wrong month! And thanks for the pin cushion, too! I did have all your information, but my son opened my package and I don't have the box, the packing slip is lost thanks to his fumbling in my papers! Happy little bunny and eggs will be working hard with my pins! Thanks again and I will repost to April when I get home tonight, sorry!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23