Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 PM

Hey all -

Some of you were asking last month how I manage to get so much for the $10 I am allowed to spend. In addition to hitting the buy one get one and $1 fat quarters at the quilt shop, I buy large packages of things and split them up. One of my favorite things to send, as everyone seems to like them whether they've asked for them or not, are the clover wonder clips - well I hit on a great deal today and I thought some of you who said you've been wanting a big box might want to know.

They are normally around $30-$36 and amazon.com has them on sale today for $12 for the box of 50! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-02-2013, 03:34 PM

Love smart shoppers like you quiltingdragon. I went to Joannes today and bought a bunch of crochet books for 97 cents each. Then I also had a 10% off coupon. Bought several other clearance things too.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Banned

I LOVE those wonder clips, I send a few to most of my sp's that I get
just in case they never tried them before.

But I pretty much do the same thing you do.

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
Hey all -

Some of you were asking last month how I manage to get so much for the $10 I am allowed to spend. In addition to hitting the buy one get one and $1 fat quarters at the quilt shop, I buy large packages of things and split them up. One of my favorite things to send, as everyone seems to like them whether they've asked for them or not, are the clover wonder clips - well I hit on a great deal today and I thought some of you who said you've been wanting a big box might want to know.

They are normally around $30-$36 and amazon.com has them on sale today for $12 for the box of 50! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-02-2013, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
Dear SP,

I found a stash of the "P" fabric in that estate sale stuff I had. So, my dear, you can have it!! Wrap up in it, roll in it, make the doggies some skirts!!

Oh yeah, my SP has DOGGIES!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399257[/ATTACH]
I have 5 doggies and like pink fabric , more clues, please
Old 03-02-2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
Got my SP name. Winter is in full swing where she lives; she may be having some snow flurries today.
Had flurries again, am I going to be able to guess who my pal is?
Old 03-02-2013, 04:08 PM

I so hope I'm your SP reeskylr, I'd take all that "P" you want to send me. Have read both my SP's requests wants, dislikes, etc. will start avidly tomorrow. 1 has alot of info for me and the other left a bunch of questions unanswered, guess I'll have to stalk or guess.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:09 PM

Got my SP and this is going to be fun! Before I give out clues I went to the Naples Quilt Show today and had a wonderful time. Many nice and beautiful quilts and I did take photos, they're in my camera but will post them soon.Ok for clues now:

1. you always get snow
2. I lived N of where you are now back in the 80's
3. One of your colors is one of my favorite.

We are going to be in the low 40's tonite so I'm going to sleep soundly since I had a long day! Nite everyone oh and btw, Krystyna wonderful news that things are coming together for you and your family and Lori glad you're feeling much better. Quilty-Louise those clover wonder clips are awesome. I got the pkg of 50 on sale and will also provide some SP's with some!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:46 PM

Hope eveeryone is happy with their secret pals! I had to do so last minute switching but everything is good now. You all sound excited this month and that's great Keep that energy level up when it comes to mailing time so everyone mails before the deadline. Lori
Old 03-02-2013, 06:40 PM

Hmmm, been trying to come up with a couple clues, but not give my SP too much info...
1. She's very funny
2. Makes me laugh

Krys, alas, it is not you, you make me laugh and cry! Glad you got some good information, so sad for your community. Crocus are tough little buggers and so are you, hang tough!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:43 PM

K what about Phoenix, rising up from the froth of Sandy?

Never heard of or seen a fabric Stof...

I don't have a fancy stiletto yet, so far I have been using an orange stick. So feel free to send me one ...
Love to see your snow pictures, we don't often get that much at a time-a few years ago though we got 20 inches in 24 hours, it started on Friday (got home from work ok) and snowed for most of Sat. luckily I didn't have to go anywhere on Sat, and spent hours on Sunday digging out the car, parking area and alley I would need to drive out of on Monday, one nice thing about being on the corner.

Ladybug...[needles the sewing machine are always needed a 45 mm blade is needed..] this reminded me of a time my SP listed she needed some 45mm rotary blades so I got them for her. When she posted she received her pkg, she commented that she got the blades now she needed to get the handle. It left me a bit confused.

Q-Louise, I almost had all of your clues, no pet, have a fav author with 3 names(not sure if she is the same one you are referring to), but I struck out with fab. color as I like all of the colors, and like way too many to have a favorite. But I'd love to stop over and shop with you.

I Love the table runner -was it grandma peg that made it? Sorry it was too many pages ago and I didn't write down notes.

So here is a clue for my SP- It is someone I have not had before but you live in a state that someone sent to me from. So my sp in NOT international.

Sometimes I print out my SP questionaire or make notes but I also put in capital letters the MAIL BY date.

Speaking of questionaires Lori what about having a "do you hand quilt ? Maybe you can consolidate the do you have a cat or dog and the do you have pets question, or add a do you have any pets as part of it. Is it separate because of allergies?

Last edited by starshine; 03-02-2013 at 06:51 PM.