Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2012 ~ Scrap Quilt Lover's Fat Eighths Swap ~ Sign up Closed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
    Well I am ready LOL.

I just stuffed my F8's into envelopes, all I need are names and
    addresses so I can put in a card.

Yeah I know; don't say it (I'm jumping the line already).
    Good for you! I also got mine cut today. But I still need to put them into envelopes.
    In my quilt lab!

Blog Entries
    well, my f8's have been ready for two days now. I just cant decide what little extras to add. Beaded stilletos, beaded scissor tags, pincushion, mini tissue holders. So many things to choice from. Since its going to one of you here on the list how about some suggestion. What little extra would you like see in a swap. I have no objections to have to make something so give me some hints. Thanks. Im so excited for this swap.

Blog Entries
    We are up to 11 swappers now, with updated set #'s.
    Here's the list:

*Ms Grace ~ 3 sets
    *Quilty - Louise~ 2 sets
    *mooretll ~ 1 set
    *Kiffie2413 ~ 2 sets
    *mdall ~ 1 set
    *nurse bonnie ~ 2 sets
    *ljdugas31 ~ 3 sets
    *jaba ~ 2 sets
    *needlegrammy ~ 2 sets
    *marne ~ 2 sets
    *marcialee ~ 2 sets
    In my quilt lab!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdall View Post
    well, my f8's have been ready for two days now. I just cant decide what little extras to add. Beaded stilletos, beaded scissor tags, pincushion, mini tissue holders. So many things to choice from. Since its going to one of you here on the list how about some suggestion. What little extra would you like see in a swap. I have no objections to have to make something so give me some hints. Thanks. Im so excited for this swap.
    I for one would love anything extra someone chooses to send! On the fq swap, the pics with all of the lil goodies tucked in were great in my opinion! The fqs I sent, I put in 2 extra fqs, 1 with roosters, the other with chickens, as the lady who got mine has in her signature she loves to collect roosters...So, for me, anything is awesome, and if I get the F8s only, that is great, too..Hmm...I think I am turning into my dh, when I ask him what he likes best, I usually get, either one is fine....lol...
    Regards,
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Well said!
    I have something in mind that I might do also.

Quote Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
    I for one would love anything extra someone chooses to send! On the fq swap, the pics with all of the lil goodies tucked in were great in my opinion! The fqs I sent, I put in 2 extra fqs, 1 with roosters, the other with chickens, as the lady who got mine has in her signature she loves to collect roosters...So, for me, anything is awesome, and if I get the F8s only, that is great, too..Hmm...I think I am turning into my dh, when I ask him what he likes best, I usually get, either one is fine....lol...
    Regards,
    Kif
    In my quilt lab!

Blog Entries
    Anything works for me, but it is not something I "expect"
    sometimes (if I don't forget) I try to tuck a little something
    extra into a package, but that doesn't say I do it every time
    mostly if I don't forget to do it.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    Sorry should have read down !!!!

Ms Grace, I should be down for 2 sets. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Grace View Post
    Got you all signed up ladies. Glad you could join us.

We are up to 9 sign ups now.
    Here's the list:

*Ms Grace ~ 2 sets
    *Quilty - Louise~ 2 sets
    *mooretll ~ 1 set
    *Kiffie2413 ~ 1 set
    *mdall ~ 1 set
    *nurse bonnie ~ 2 sets
    *ljdugas31 ~ 3 sets
    *jaba ~ 2 sets
    *needlegrammy ~ 1 set
    Last edited by Needlegrammy; 05-17-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

Blog Entries
    Already got it.
    We are up to 11 swappers now, with updated set #'s.
    Here's the list:

*Ms Grace ~ 3 sets
    *Quilty - Louise~ 2 sets
    *mooretll ~ 1 set
    *Kiffie2413 ~ 2 sets
    *mdall ~ 1 set
    *nurse bonnie ~ 2 sets
    *ljdugas31 ~ 3 sets
    *jaba ~ 2 sets
    *needlegrammy ~ 2 sets
    *marne ~ 2 sets
    *marcialee ~ 2 sets
    In my quilt lab!

Sign me up tooo!! Sending a pm!!
    Fay

Blog Entries
    Great! Glad you could join us. I've got you down for 2 sets.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappy fay1 View Post
    Sign me up tooo!! Sending a pm!!
    In my quilt lab!

Blog Entries
    I am so happy that this swap is really filling up now! I can't wait to see who I get, and then to see all the pics posted of all the great fabrics everyone receives! I must say, this really is turning out to be a great thing for me...its cutting down on my shopping and impulse buying of fabrics...in addition to looking forward to seeing what comes my way, I also get the excitement of picking out fabrics and sending them to others, too...a win-win deal! Like some of you have said, I also love it when my swap partner loves what I send...I think I'll consider these swaps my "retail therapy"
    Take care all,
    Kif

This was me and the fq's were very cool. i am making pot holders out of them. I also love anything
    Regards,
    Kif
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

I'm signing up for this one! just the right size for potholders and mug rugs ... and maybe something else.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    There's still a few days left to sign up. Come join the fun!
    Here's the updated list of swappers:

*Ms Grace ~ 3 sets
    *Quilty - Louise~ 2 sets
    *mooretll ~ 1 set
    *Kiffie2413 ~ 2 sets
    *mdall ~ 1 set
    *nurse bonnie ~ 2 sets
    *ljdugas31 ~ 3 sets
    *jaba ~ 2 sets
    *needlegrammy ~ 2 sets
    *marne ~ 2 sets
    *marcialee ~ 2 sets
    *scrappyfay1 ~ 2 sets
    *Mary Mo ~ 1 set
    In my quilt lab!

Blog Entries
    I'm glad we are getting new sign ups. Hope we get more.
    I too, love seeing everyones pretty fabrics they receive. I love picking the F8's to send to my swap partners.
    I'll be using my new F8's in my scrap quilts that I love to make.

*how about some input on colors everyone would like to swap next month!
    I think I'm going to write everyone's responses on slips of paper, and put them in a jar and have my DD, 9 pick three colors choices to do. How does that sound?

I am so happy that this swap is really filling up now! I can't wait to see who I get, and then to see all the pics posted of all the great fabrics everyone receives! I must say, this really is turning out to be a great thing for me...its cutting down on my shopping and impulse buying of fabrics...in addition to looking forward to seeing what comes my way, I also get the excitement of picking out fabrics and sending them to others, too...a win-win deal! Like some of you have said, I also love it when my swap partner loves what I send...I think I'll consider these swaps my "retail therapy"
    Take care all,
    Kif
    In my quilt lab!

Blog Entries
    Ms. Grace, I think that is a good idea. There are so many things you could do to make it easier on you to pick the colors and themes. Have everyone not only pick colors but a theme for the fabric like florals, dots, stripes, etc. Throw them options in a different hat and draw maybe two of those along with the colors. Just an idea to shake things up a bit. I love anything I get and love choicing for my partners.

Blog Entries
    That is a great idea!!
    Thanks!
    Ladies, we would love to have your ideas for color & theme choices for the coming months.

Ms. Grace, I think that is a good idea. There are so many things you could do to make it easier on you to pick the colors and themes. Have everyone not only pick colors but a theme for the fabric like florals, dots, stripes, etc. Throw them options in a different hat and draw maybe two of those along with the colors. Just an idea to shake things up a bit. I love anything I get and love choicing for my partners.
    In my quilt lab!

I think a patriotic theme would be good. There may be some of us who will be making things for 4th of July and would have a variety of f8 to use. Just saying.
    SEW LUVD

Blog Entries
    Good idea

Quote Originally Posted by nurse bonnie View Post
    I think a patriotic theme would be good. There may be some of us who will be making things for 4th of July and would have a variety of f8 to use. Just saying.
    In my quilt lab!

Blog Entries
    Yes, red, white, and blue would be good for June so everyone has time to get their f8's and make their projects. Along with the colors a theme of maybe somwthing thats not just flags and such in case their are people who may just need fabric with r,w,and b in them like stripes, stars, dots, or tone or tones. Then that fits with the patriot and other projects. I would love to do those colors but have no patriot themed projects planned and could still use the fabrics in another project. Great idea Nurse bonnie.

Blog Entries
    I love the ideas of picking themes, colors, etc. In the coming months how about a reproduction/30's theme? Batiks? Halloween fabrics? Thanksgiving/Autumn? Christmas/Winter themes? Actually I just love fabrics, so just about anything is great! Now I know there are a few of you on here who I have traded out with, thru the ISO forum, and you are thinking, "Hmm...I am pretty sure Kif has said she's not fond of paisley and huge flowers on her fabrics...". Okay, I own it, I may have said that a time or 2......But, that is when specifically asked....Now on a swap I realize it is different...like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates, so too are fabric swaps...and I am super ok with that! At our last Christmas lqs party, my gift contained a fq of paisley fabric, in red/black/white...I had to "eat a lil crow", because I really do like that fabric...So, love the swaps, love the surprises!!
    Regards,
    Kif
    Last edited by kiffie2413; 05-19-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    kiffie,
    I love the ideas you came up with. I love the 30's/reproduction fabrics.
    All the themes you came up with are great.
    I'm writing down everyones's suggestions....keep them coming.

I love the ideas of picking themes, colors, etc. In the coming months how about a reproduction/30's theme? Batiks? Halloween fabrics? Thanksgiving/Autumn? Christmas/Winter themes? Actually I just love fabrics, so just about anything is great! Now I know there are a few of you on here who I have traded out with, thru the ISO forum, and you are thinking, "Hmm...I am pretty sure Kif has said she's not fond of paisley and huge flowers on her fabrics...". Okay, I own it, I may have said that a time or 2......But, that is when specifically asked....Now on a swap I realize it is different...like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates, so too are fabric swaps...and I am super ok with that! At our last Christmas lqs party, my gift contained a fq of paisley fabric, in red/black/white...I had to "eat a lil crow", because I really do like that fabric...So, love the swaps, love the surprises!!
    Regards,
    Kif
    In my quilt lab!

Blog Entries
    I was just looking through to see if there was any new swaps on the board and ran across a theme for this one. How about throwing in ugly fabric as one of the themes for one month. I know I certainly have a couple of uggoes in my stash that I would love to share. Maybe not do just ugly as the only theme but add it with the swap maybe as an extra. I think it would be so fun to see how many of us have ugly fabric and just how ugly they can get. Hey, don't scrunch your nose at it, you know you have some. LOL

Blog Entries
    LOL

I have lots of fabric that when I bought it I liked it, now
    looking back at some of it I am like what was I thinking
    when I bought that horrible stuff.

I plead total insanity for some of the fabric in my huge stash.

I love BRIGHT colors, actually I love ALMOST anything, but
    there are some that I just don't like.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    Very fun idea!
    I'm adding it to the list of ideas.

I was just looking through to see if there was any new swaps on the board and ran across a theme for this one. How about throwing in ugly fabric as one of the themes for one month. I know I certainly have a couple of uggoes in my stash that I would love to share. Maybe not do just ugly as the only theme but add it with the swap maybe as an extra. I think it would be so fun to see how many of us have ugly fabric and just how ugly they can get. Hey, don't scrunch your nose at it, you know you have some. LOL
    In my quilt lab!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast