Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st >

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

Old 05-13-2014, 07:45 AM

You were right about the tornado siren. I'm watching tv and it goes off and I'm thinking what the heck was that. Long story short I had 3" of water come into my basement and ruined my rug in the finished part. Good thing most of my stuff was in plastic bins. I did lose some fabric but not much. So of course my sump pump wasn't working and the water was everywhere. At one point I went upstairs and then came back down to see if the breaker was tripped and then I fell on my rear end. Didn't break anything but my leg really hurst when I go up and down the stairs. No rides today. My poor neighbor had his whole back wall of the house end up into his basement. The road was flooded so bad I could only see the tip top of the fire hydrant. The plumber came over over and something was clogged in the sump pump. Now I'm waiting for the adjuster to come and see my rug and that might take 3 days.
Take care everyone
Old 05-13-2014, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

nhnative I am so sorry to hear all that. It's raining here today, and will be tomorrow too. I am on a hill so fortunate in that area, but lots of side roads get flooded out. I hope you aren't bad injured, because sometimes when you're in the midst of things you tend to ignore it. Later you may feel it even worse, so take care.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

Scrapper such a pretty needlebook. love the chick and all the goodies. Nhnative, good luck with the flooding and be careful. I agree with Susan pains may show up later. Everyone stay safe and have a good day.Hugs Mary P.S. when we gonna have our silly chicken pin cushion swap???
Old 05-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Mary the chicken pincushion swap would be fun. We could give them names too.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:09 PM

Hello Ladies
Thanks for the nice comments on the needlecase...Also if either of my partners sent me my needle case and pin cushion and I haven't commented on them it is because I am not home to receive them..I am out of town until Monday..(I don't know if they were sent)..But I didn't want you to think I was avoiding anyone..Glad the ladies I sent to liked the ones I sent
Thanks
Kathy
Old 05-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

Klaws--- love those dolls, DO NOT compare yourself to others.They are great.
we had a flood like tht once. I was living in the basement. I had a dream there was blood all over the floor. I woke up to see the red tile floor flooded with 4" of water. Took a week to get it all out. Needless to say, everything was ruined.
Would like a chickie pin cushion swap, great idea.
Susan, how are you feeling?
Love the baby chick pincushion. sew cute.
No word yet from my partner, Word has it she got it on Friday.
Thank God we don't have tornados here. we just have the hurricans which are starting soon. heard this was going to be a bad year for them.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:54 PM

Lynnie if you sent it to NanaKathy55 she said she won't be home until Monday.
Thank you all for the well wishes. The water is all gone from my basement but the rug will have to be replaced along with mold in the drywall as the adjuster won't be here for a few days. I'm am just so lucky as I've been watching the news and others have it so much worse. At least I didn't break my leg. I really need a house all on one floor.
Take care everyone. I was just thinking that my pincushions were supposed to be delivered Monday.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:40 PM

Pat, I'm so sorry that your basement flooded. I saw what you had down there. I hope not too much got damaged. Since the adjuster won't be there for a few days, do you have a fan that you can put down there to try to keep the moisture to a minimum?
My pincushion should have been delivered today. I hope my partner likes it.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Power Poster

I feel so bad about the flood. we had a few in the 40 years i lived there. I also lived thru black mold for about 15 yrs, in my parents basement. I was always so sick, now I'm married, no black mold, and not sick. I wish you warm days to dry it up.

Any new pin cushions or needlebooks today???

love all the pictures, love the dolls so much too.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

Several of us were chatting about a silly chicken swap last year. I don't remember what was decided. I know a lot of us said it would be fun. Making the chicken and dressing it up with jewelry and such silliness. I don't know enough about computers to know how to run a swap. It was just going to be the ones on this swap that was going to do it. Lynnie do you remember what was decided if anything? I'm not saying this would have to be a theme for any month just maybe an extra swap between us on here. I doubt if everyone would want to do it as a theme for a month.