Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: May FQ Swap

Blog Entries
    Got my names this morning and sent the packages a couple of hours ago...

1) is headed SE 1151 miles from the heart of Yorkville to the heart of your city which was selected as your states outstanding rural community in 2000.

2) Headed south 2007.11 miles from the heart of Yorkville to the center of your city where the major export is WINE GRAPES!!!! Sounds like the place to be!!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I am out of town, so partner, you may have to wait just a bit. I did shop for you today. Found a quilt shop in Bowling Green KY and got some fabric I hope you will like. Of course, I got some for me as well. They had 3 yards of wide backing on sale for $10/yard, so got that - and some lovely reddish fabric and some Kona Bay, my favorite manufacturer. Also found a really off-beat quilting store where I got some other fabrics, but not real sure of the makers. We head home tomorrow, so will try to get pkg in mail by Saturday. Can't believe it stays in state.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

I mailed my 2 packages today. One of you, we have swapped before. Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    Got my names this morning and sent the packages a couple of hours ago...

1) is headed SE 1151 miles from the heart of Yorkville to the heart of your city which was selected as your states outstanding rural community in 2000.

2) Headed south 2007.11 miles from the heart of Yorkville to the center of your city where the major export is WINE GRAPES!!!! Sounds like the place to be!!!!
    Got excited on #2, until the major export is wine grapes...DARN!!! Not my home town. Would love to know where that one is though!!!

Blog Entries
    I can't wait to see all the great fqs that go out...I hate that I missed this month, but my beloved grandma passed away recently, and while she was 92, she was a "lil spitfire" (she loved when we said that!), she lived alone, and was really healthy, so it was a surprise to us all...Anyways, glad your doing better Brenda! And, I will live vicariously through all the pics that get posted...
    Regards,
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Smile

Oh kiffie, I am so sorry about your grandma. How fortunate for her that she was a "lil spitfire" to the end. My grandmother lived to be 95 and was a spunky girl....miss her still but feel her with me always. It doesn't matter how many years someone lived we still miss them and that speaks so well of your grandma. Sending hugs to you.

Well, guess what ladies???? I just noticed the 2 notes I had ready for the envelopes when I got the addresses....they are on my desk and the packages are winging their way to you! They are small brown envelopes filled with fat quarters and they do have your name and address on them and my return on them...so sorry about that! Good Grief!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I will be sing Yellow rose of.... on my way to the post office tomorrow
    And then I will be thinking about Lakes can you name all of the great lakes?
    Last edited by BDawn; 05-08-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: missing word

My packages are ready to go, just waiting on my two names.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Hi there Brenda!

I got one name for the swap - am prepared to swap 2 sets. If you want to send me another name that would be terrific!

Thanks for all your hard work - - -

Jane
    Jane

Mine flung themselves into the postal truck today. They are begging to get home as fast as their little yellow envelope will take them! go speed racer! go speed racer! go speed racer GO!!! (compliments of the brat of course). I hope they will be met with approval. One set went way across the US one is waltzing only half way there give or take a bit.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Pony Express is all set to go tomorrow. One package will travel 775 miles to a state capital; the other only 500 miles down country roads. Receivers will know summer has arrived when they receive them. I definitely enjoyed picking out fabrics for this swap!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Still waiting on names but have them ready to go. Just will need to find a post office. On the road again,,,,

Power Poster
    Kiffie sorry to hear about your grandma. Your memories will help and know she is in a better place. Prayers and hugs.
    Got the item in the mail today for my SP, the package is ready and will be mailed tomorrow before I go to work. your zip adds up to 36.

Kiffie~sorry to hear about your grandma (((hugs)))

jclinganrey~so sorry-I only had you down for one...if someone wants another partner, PM me.
    Brenda

Power Poster
    Lauriejo sorry no

Power Poster
    Sorry that I meant to post on a different swap so that comment from yesterday about the item arriving and the zip being 36 is not for this swap. Boy, I am not paying attention to what I am doing.

I would like to send 5 fat quarter's to the 1st person who receives their fabric and post it on this thread first. I hope this is OK. Way to much fun

Blog Entries
    My packages were hand delivered to the post office this morning. The first package will be PAssing through Ohio enroute to their final destination. My second package is heading to the state where it is still legal to hang a person for stealing cattle.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    My packages were hand delivered to the post office this morning. The first package will be PAssing through Ohio enroute to their final destination. My second package is heading to the state where it is still legal to hang a person for stealing cattle.
    OH OH OH!!!! The second one could be me!!!! OH...fingers crossed...fingers crossed...fingers crossed!!!

Second one could me too.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    OH OH OH!!!! The second one could be me!!!! OH...fingers crossed...fingers crossed...fingers crossed!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    Second one could me too.
    I guess you ladies will just have to wait and see. . .
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I have mine addressed and heading to the post office. One is heading Northeast of me the other is heading Northwest of me. LOL...however, almost everything is NORTH of me some how!!! I hope y'all like the summery stuff I got.
    So...anyone who is Northeast or Northwest of Houston in any way, shape or form...keep an eye out in your mailboxes...your package should be arriving any day now!!! Post office said maybe Friday...so fingers crossed. Hmmm...any other clues I can give? Oh!!! Both states start with different letters; however when you go through the list of state names, their state's first letter has multiple other states. So...states with either an A, C, I, M, N, O, S, T, V or W as their first letter...the packages are coming to you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    Second one could me too.
    I guess you ladies will just have to wait and see. . .
    Uh oh...createfourpaws...there are others here from our state too...we need to find that package and guard it from them. Then we can split it...what do ya think???

Packages going out today. One to a pan handle and the other well........ only 4 states away.

Uh oh...createfourpaws...there are others here from our state too...we need to find that package and guard it from them. Then we can split it...what do ya think???
    Oh that sounds like a plan.....find and split them I like that .
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast