Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Quilting in the New Year >

May Quilting in the New Year

May Quilting in the New Year

Old 05-03-2011, 02:12 PM

This is a great swap for everyone to swap simple completed projects - totebags, table runners, wall hangings, wallets, pin cushions, etc. Whatever you like to make - for whatever someone else makes best.
This swap is proving to be a great friendship builder as well. It provides great communication between you and your partner. We'd love to have you join us in the swap!

Description:
Welcome to Quilting in the New Year Swap – May 2011

This is a swap that would enable you to be paired up with another ‘Quilting Pal’ and swap a quilted item that each has made. It can be either machine or hand quilted. The Quilting Pals would know who each other is and can chat about their projects throughout the whole month. This would just be for May 2011. You would be signing up for one month at a time.

Beginner quilters as well as experienced quilters are invited to join. Every attempt will be made to match you up with a quilter who is at the same level of experience. (If an experienced quilter would like to be matched with a beginner and to be his/her mentor, please let me know.)

If you are international, feel free to join!

If you are interested in joining, please send me a Private message with the following information.

Screen Name:
Address:
Level of Quilting Experience:
Can you mail international?
Type of Project you'd like to make:
Do you smoke or have in house Pets:
Allergies:

This form will be given to your swap partners. Partners may choose to exchange additional information about such things as color preferences, specific type of project, etc. Partners are reminded that this is a swap. Please avoid issuing too many specifications as though you were placing an order with a commercial business. The elements of mystery and surprise are at least half the fun.

The cost limit on this is to be $15 (USA) excluding postage.

Sign up will close May 15, 2011. The names will be paired up by May 17, 2011. Partners are responsible for keeping in touch during the month to keep each other updated on the progress of the project. Anyone not completing and sending projects by will be given a poor swap rating and not be able to participate in this swap in the future,

All of the standard rules that apply to swaps apply. The rules were updated on 8 Dec 2010, so please make sure to check them before signing up.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

In addition:
Neither project will be sent out/exchanged until both are done. Partners will agree on a specific date on which each will put their package into the mail. Unless otherwise agreed by both partners, the projects should all be done and in the mail by June 25, 2011. You must notify coordinator when all items have been shipped and received so records can be updated.

This project has been approved by PatriceJ.

Coordinated by: dream56
(If you want to be added to this group activity, then please send a private message to the coordinator.)

Link to activities page - http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=158
Old 05-03-2011, 04:30 PM

Was I first? Yippee......
Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 PM

No but among the first - I think you were second. First goes to Dotty.

Already have 5 signed up.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:01 PM

aww drat :) 5 is good for so early, hope they keep coming!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:14 PM

We need you to spread the word on how much we are enjoying the swap. I know of several people who are stepping back this month due to other commitments so let's encourage other people to join us in the fun. Welcome to Lucymae, our first new swapper to come aboard.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:57 AM

I just sent my PM to join! I read your April postings and know I would be disappointed if I didn't participate in this exciting swap! Thanks Dream56 for hosting!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
I just sent my PM to join! I read your April postings and know I would be disappointed if I didn't participate in this exciting swap! Thanks Dream56 for hosting!
Welcome to our swap - we are very glad to have you!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:00 AM

Thank you for the cheerful welcome! I am really excited about this exchange and the opportunity to meet everyone here! I have been quilting for approx 4 years now and love making smaller projects in addition to quilts. Having dabbled in many different arts and crafts techniques over the years, I found my true passion after visiting a local quilt shop here in Upstate NY and admiring all of the beautiful fabric available today! I have acquired so much fabric that I am afraid that my DH may contact the producers of the new reality show Hoarding..Buried Alive...LOL. On a serious note, it is not that bad...YET, but I have fabric and sewing notions scattered throughout the house and some have made their way into our cars since I started making yo-yo's with my scraps after seeing a beautiful yo-yo quilt pictured on the cover of a magazine... And speaking of cars, my license plate cover reads "Warning This car stops at all Quilt Shops". Hmmmm...Do you think I might have the Quilting Bug?
Old 05-06-2011, 03:22 PM

Thanks Moedeenie for the intro - I'm sure you will fit right in with the rest of us here.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Welcome to our swap gal288. We are excited to have you join us this time - since I know a few of us are following your Baltimore BOM. I haven't gotten mine started but it is on my to do list.