Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT

Blog Entries
    Took me forever to catch up! Dang job!! Here's a little story all about my SP:
    There once was a lady, all dressed in very bright Blue, Red and Green. She was quite popular around the courtyard. When she walked her pets, she was especially popular. How often do you see a brightly dressed lady walking that many pets. One was running, another hissing and a couple hopping. But the odd one, the one you don't usually see someone walking in public with, well it was the real crowd pleaser. As she was walking, she was throwing bits of licorice to the onlookers, cause she don't like it anyway. Would never think of throwing turtles. What a "Cool" site to see.
    I hope I didn't go too far with the hints.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Onalee, I love your hints ... and I would love to see that visual in a quilt!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

My SP's package will be going out tomorrow. I have to find one more sack at the house. I know I bought some stuff off of your list, but I can't find that dad blasted sack! Guess that is what I get for cleaning my truck out, if I hadn't done that over the weekend I would know right where to find it.
    Sharyl

now for another hint one sp zip adds up to 33 and the other adds up to 22 they live 2 states away from me im not telling whitch direction though that would give it away so thats it for now ...
    Barefoot Quilter
    april

Well I finally got the treat my pal likes and got her package boxed up. Now just need to make a trip into town and mail it. Yeah and it's still a couple days till the deadline. (patting myself on the back)
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by sewdamncute View Post

First secret pal
    you post here
    We may have been pals before!

I think you are right. LOL
    clsurz

Blog Entries
    My SP hasn't posted on anything since the 29th of April. Hope all is okay over there.

Dang Barefoot Quilter, ,mine adds up to 25, but I am two states from you. hehe
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Package is on the way and Lori knows it! Headed SE about 740 miles...Your city has a population of 29000 kids...since the med. age is 32! No more clues ...expected delivery is Friday...Oh well 1 more...you do get involved here!!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Hi all! Took another day off from work and feeling a bit better. Got some needed rest and will be going into the sewing room here soon for my SP. SP your pkg will be sent out on Friday! Can't wait to see what all you receive!

I mailed my package Mon. so it should be there today or tomorrow.

love all the clues.
    I have been working on my packages.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    Ok,hopefully my sp pkg will go out tomorrow or friday!!! Going somewhere warm!!! Couldnt find whst she really wanted so hope you dont mind the substitute!!!:-)

My order arrived today so will be shipping package Friday - final clue - this is your State reptile
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - yeah we all shine on.

Blog Entries
    Ok,hopefully my sp pkg will go out tomorrow or friday!!! Going somewhere warm!!! Couldnt find whst she really wanted so hope you dont mind the substitute!!!:-)

reeskylr,

Is it me you are talking about? I went to visit my elderly parents in New York for two glorious weeks! My dad almost died right before my last visit in the fall. He is on dialysis and I got to go with him about six times and he looks so much better. I was able to mow yards and haul huge chunks of wood from a giant tree my mom had cut down! My dad had lost the use of his arm about 7 months ago from chopping wood (badly crushed disc) and was feeling pretty down. He was told by the doctor that he was too old for surgery and that he would never use his arm again. My mom helped him do exercises three times a day and he regained the full use of his arm! I'd like to give that doctor a piece of my mind! I don't mind that he was wrong with his diagnosis, it was that he spoke to my father so rudely and gave him zero compassion and no hope! But didn't forget to charge him 500 dollars!

Gaijin

Blog Entries
    Gaijin, that's horrible! But so glad your dad is better now.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Maybe your mom should bill him. Her diagnosis was better than his. Good for them. So glad all is going good for them. It is horrible to see parents suffer.
    Hint: I know I've seen my SP on the board, but have not seen a recent post on this thread. Zip adds to 15. Her package has been split. She should receive one part soon. I am hoping to get the rest out by Friday. DH decided to work in the yard last night. I have a feeling I will be helping again tonight. I love yard work, but not when it interferes with my sewing. LOL
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Dear Pal - your surprise arrived. Now I just need to get myself over to the post office!
    Krystyna

Power Poster
    Gaijin, so glad your dad is doing better.
    SP your package is going out today as the item you wanted arrived. Zip is 36

Blog Entries
    My SPs package was delivered yesterday but so far have not heard from them. Hope they liked it.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

I just sent out my SP package for May, and it went to the state that I was born in and lived in for 47 years. I was also blessed to be able to be a SP angel for April. That one went to a State that just had "Snow in May". Thanks Lori for all you do

I got a wonderful surprise in the mail today!!!! A great BIG thank you to Ann (annt59) for the awesome package. SO excited to use all my new fun things. Its just like Christmas . XXOO
    Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - yeah we all shine on.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Dear Pal - your surprise arrived. Now I just need to get myself over to the post office!
    Why does this always seem to be the hardest part of the swap.Going to the post office?lol
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    Why does this always seem to be the hardest part of the swap.Going to the post office?lol
    Well, for one thing, I just embroidered and sewed 40 veils with pouches and sachets for mother's day for my customers ... leaving little time to do anything else except visit the bathroom when necessary. BUT ... it will go tomorrow. I wanted to add something homemade ...
    Krystyna

I received a wonderful package today from Sew_Tracy. She made me a wonderful mini twister and gave me the pattern. Also she made a pin cushion in my favorite colors. I got post its, candy which I already started eating, glue, gardening gloves, a wonderful red and white mug and a rock light. Thank you again.
    Happy Sewing

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast