Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 114 of 477 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 113 114 115 124 164 214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 11912

Thread: MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Nancy don't leave us, we all are at different levels of quilting. I struggled and struggled to get the blocks to measure 12 1/2 inches. And I almost gave up to, but by asking questions and trying and trying I must admit that I made it harder then it was. Now I laugh at myself. And since I stayed with the group I have learned alot. As they say try try again and you will get better. And 1 more thing you never think that your work is any good until someone says that it is great. And from what I've seen and Dotty is right you do make wonderful blocks. And I'll swap with you anytime. That is if you like teddy bears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    After looking at the blocks posted, I'm ready to give up quilting. Y'all are a tough act to follow. Each month the blocks get more and more complex and creative. Isn't it great to have an opportunity to try new things on a smaller scale than a whole quilt? Still waiting for my block this month.

Don't ever feel your stuff is less than others. All of us look forward to and appreciate the effort it takes to do them. It's not all about expertise. Part of the joy is the fresh approach "newbies" have. You only compete with yourself--we all do and that is how we grow.

Nancy just give it time,you have to start someplace and i for one would love to swap with you. You may think your work is not as good as some,but you are wrong,beauty is in the eye of the beholder.I love it that i get a block from someone who has different ideas,every block is special,you make it just for your partner.So keep on going you will love it . :thumbup:

I did a swap with Nancy in L. a few months back and loved her block.

I have my blocks ready to mail tomorrow!!

After looking at the blocks posted, I'm ready to give up quilting. Y'all are a tough act to follow. Each month the blocks get more and more complex and creative. Isn't it great to have an opportunity to try new things on a smaller scale than a whole quilt? Still waiting for my block this month.
    Try not to follow anyone!! Just be yourself if you love to quilt then it will show through in what you quilt. toriabelle is right when she says don't compare your blocks to someone elses because everyone is uniquely different and I for one love it like that. someone may be great at applique and not so great at pieced blocks or whatever visa versa. I learned along time ago that our talents are not given to us to please us, they were given to us to please others so ....... whatever you do if it is from the heart it will be beautiful...............and the recipient will know. You better stay in Nancy I haven't traded with you yet!!!!! and I do love trying new and different things on a smaller scale it makes you go beyond your comfort zone and it surprises you sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    Wait a minute!! I have swapped w Nancy she is more skilled than I am!
    I was thinking the same exact thing!!!

Blog Entries
    Here is my block for newbee3, whose theme is autumn colors. The middle is actually a nice green, but looks like something else in the picture. It goes in the mail tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job renee!!! love it. and yes the middle looks like gray but i can picture it green! :) love it.

Here are the blocks I sent KathyN. She said she didn't think she took pictures of them. Her theme is batiks.

She is digging out of 12 more inches of snow in her town :-( :-( :-(
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Everything I have ever seem posted as one of her(Nancy inL.) has been spectacular.

All the blocks posted today are fantastic.

Blog Entries
    Are you crazy? I just saw the doll quilt you did with the embroidery it's beautiful. We are always our own worst critic. Keep up the good work. I look forward to trading with you.

Blog Entries
    Wow Renee, beautiful work and colors!! I love this block, I would like to try it, can you share? Leona

All my extra swaps for Feb are in the mail today looking for their new home. Enjoy ladies.

My extra swaps are in the mail too. Anyone else want a block before the March events begin? Here are two wonderful house blocks that came in the mail today!

by Gwenny
    Name:  Attachment-124888.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  67.4 KB

by Lindyline
    Name:  Attachment-125739.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  78.6 KB

I got a beautiful block today from Karen Renninger, its called "Star Dance" and it is wonderful, Thank you so much Karen, I love it

Star Dance
    Name:  Attachment-127102.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  48.4 KB

KR
    Quote Originally Posted by letsquilt
    I got a beautiful block today from Karen Renninger, its called "Star Dance" and it is wonderful, Thank you so much Karen, I love it
    Glad it arrived safely....enjoy!

OMG I just love that black and white one!! beautiful job Karen!! where did you find the pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by letsquilt
    thats really nice. Is the pattern somewhere to be found online?
    great work everyone
    :)

KR
    Quote Originally Posted by abonda
    OMG I just love that black and white one!! beautiful job Karen!! where did you find the pattern?
    Thanks! Pattern is in Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Collector's Edition, vol. 2. A friend gave it to me, but you can probably find it online or maybe at JoAnn's.

Actually, just found it at this website: http://www.quiltandsewshop.com/produ...e-2/quiltmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by KR
    Thanks! Pattern is in Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Collector's Edition, vol. 2. A friend gave it to me, but you can probably find it online or maybe at JoAnn's.
    OOOOO I have that mag. I have to go look. Great block!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    Quote Originally Posted by KR
    OOOOO I have that mag. I have to go look. Great block!!!
    I found it. Thank you. But I must say, yours in black and white is much prettier than the one in the mag.

Blog Entries
    Here are some extra blocks swapped this month.I have 2 Im making for ljdugas31 I will post them when there finished.

extra from ljdugas31
    Name:  Attachment-130546.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  119.0 KB

extra from ljdugas31
    Name:  Attachment-130547.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  81.6 KB

sent dotcomdtcm
    Name:  Attachment-130548.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  74.2 KB

Those are all great blocks!!!
    Such creative, talented, crafty friends here!!
    We are all blessed.

I love it! It will go great w my others!!

Page 114 of 477 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 113 114 115 124 164 214 ... LastLast