Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 01-29-2011, 02:49 PM

Quilting Nonnie those are some beautiful blocks.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:42 PM
cjr

Quilting Nonnie, Thank you for posting our swap blocks. What is the name of the green block you sent to Paintmejudy?
Ot is stunning.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by cjr
Quilting Nonnie, Thank you for posting our swap blocks. What is the name of the green block you sent to Paintmejudy?
Ot is stunning.
The block is called Jack In The Box. I got it from Block Base.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:32 PM

I mailed my Januay block yesterday to my pardner, in the Virgin Islands,
Attached Thumbnails attachment-154017.bmp  
Old 01-29-2011, 05:09 PM

Quilting Nonnie those are beautiful blocks that you have received from swaps and I love all the blocks that you have made also. We do have alot of creative quilters on the board.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:34 PM

Quilting Nonnie, the light blue blends the blue/white blocks nicely; your might consider a black sashing for the batiks and your rust batik for the border!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:19 PM

Hey again, Quilting Nonie - Fabulous blue and white blocks. Will be so pretty. Love the way it looks.

I see you got two of my blocks in the batik swap! When you look at the blocks on Dagny's swap page, let me know if any of them are yours, Terri -- about 5 of them didn't have name tags.
Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Today was a perfect day for taking pictures. It's overcast outside and that's excellent lighting conditions. I took advantage of it by taking pictures of almost all the blocks I got for my previous theme: Meadow Colors in Batik. Of course after I got everything taken down, I realized I'd left the latest two blocks in the house!

Also, I started a blue and white sampler quilt in 2007. I made a few blocks, but it was slow going. When I joined this block swap, I decided to make a blue and white block in the same pattern as I was sending out. I'm up to 20 blocks now. I used a light blue cloth to pin the blocks to and I think it might make a good sashing colors. Anyone have ideas for sashing colors? For the Meadow Batiks I'm thinking of a rust colored batik.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:36 PM

I always put labels on the back of mine. Then of course they could fall off! :lol:

So has Dagny posted her blocks? Is that who I'm supposed to look for? I'm confused..... :-]'

[quote=paintmejudy]Hey again, Quilting Nonie - Fabulous blue and white blocks. Will be so pretty. Love the way it looks.

I see you got two of my blocks in the batik swap! When you look at the blocks on Dagny's swap page, let me know if any of them are yours, Terri -- about 5 of them didn't have name tags.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:58 PM

Sent a PM to solve my confusion, not yours! I'm the goofy one who can't keep my swaps straight, I guess.[quote=Quilting Nonnie]I always put labels on the back of mine. Then of course they could fall off! :lol:

So has Dagny posted her blocks? Is that who I'm supposed to look for? I'm confused..... :-]'

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
Hey again, Quilting Nonie - Fabulous blue and white blocks. Will be so pretty. Love the way it looks.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Philarena
This is the beautiful block I received from quiltingjoey. My January block will be mailed out on Monday morning. Sorry mine is late. I'm down with Strep Throat right now and I feel like someone sliced my throat open. We both just joined this month and had to wait to get assigned to someone. We have enjoyed getting to know each other and finding out how similar our pasts are!
Hi Philarena: Am unable to open the picture of your block. Could you try again? Thanks. Glad you like it. Looking forward to receiving yours.
Quiltjoey