Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 05-02-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by tangledthread
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
Hi Everyone, I would like your advise, please. I sent out my block to my partner last month, took me all month to come up with something "modern"...now I am having senders remorse...I want that block back...I am feeling it is more "simple country"..so I am making another to send, but I'm still stuck on what is "modern"....if it were you what would you do? Boy, sure wish I would have asked this question last month, hopefully not to late to make a wrong, right...thanks for any suggestions! (PS..this months block is going great).
Hi I am your partner for this month, so I should be easy, our colors are very close lol, I think I have just the fabric for yours
Hi Short an Sweet, I am looking forward to starting a new adventure! lol!
I'm easy I like them all, classic, modern, even weird is ok lol
Old 05-02-2011, 06:16 PM

I am nervous with each block that I do. I'm sure your block was fine. :) The jitters aren't as bad as you go along.... =)
Old 05-02-2011, 07:38 PM

To all those I owe quilt blocks to, please know they are coming. It has been a crazy time. I hope to sew tomorrow for a while, but I do need to get the motorhome packed for a vacatioin.

Thanks for doing trades with me. I am going to see if one of my friends has a digital camera that will take a picture of the table topper and runners I am making for my daughter. (She was supposed to bring her camera with her today, but she forgot it).

Thanks

Kathy
hsquiltingmom
Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
tangled thread - love that name by the way- the name of the game is to have fun and meet new friends. We are all beginners at something and have jitters over things. Enjoy the time and have fun learning new things.
Welcome to the swap :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hi Tangled thread and welcome to the group. There are not pass or fail grades on our blocks. We all make our own interpretation of our swap partners parameters are for our blocks. I have been so happy at my swap partners blocks. That is what makes this swap so special and whether they are basic or complicated, it gives us all the opportunity to experiment. I am learning not to second guess because, so far, my swap partners have liked my blocks and I have absolutely loved theirs. Remember - your partner wants you to love theirs blocks too. It is fun. Enjoy. It is also giving me the incentive to try new blocks.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome! Pass or fail, well, I work at a high school so I do have the "grading" ingraved in me! I am defenatly having fun and learning lots - Love the turtle blocks btw!!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:01 AM

please post the runner and table cloth pics ! i'm wanting to make my mom a
Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
To all those I owe runner. quilt blocks to, please know they are coming. It has been a crazy time. I hope to sew tomorrow for a while, but I do need to get the motorhome packed for a vacatioin.

Thanks for doing trades with me. I am going to see if one of my friends has a digital camera that will take a picture of the table topper and runners I am making for my daughter. (She was supposed to bring her camera with her today, but she forgot it).

Thanks

Kathy
hsquiltingmom
Old 05-03-2011, 03:04 AM

Do you have pics. I'm sure the block was fine.
Hi Everyone, I would like your advise, please. I sent out my block to my partner last month, took me all month to come up with something "modern"...now I am having senders remorse...I want that block back...I am feeling it is more "simple country"..so I am making another to send, but I'm still stuck on what is "modern"....if it were you what would you do? Boy, sure wish I would have asked this question last month, hopefully not to late to make a wrong, right...thanks for any suggestions! (PS..this months block is going great).
Old 05-03-2011, 03:16 AM

Jessica, I've never been so anxious to see someone else's quilt finished. I'd offer you up another trade but 1: no turtle fabric and 2: not good enough at applique yet. That said, I'm going thrift shoppin today so I'll keep my eyes open.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
please post the runner and table cloth pics ! i'm wanting to make my mom a
Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
To all those I owe runner. quilt blocks to, please know they are coming. It has been a crazy time. I hope to sew tomorrow for a while, but I do need to get the motorhome packed for a vacatioin.

Thanks

Kathy
hsquiltingmom
I will post as soon as I can. Hoping I get a chance today to find someone with a digital camera in my neighborhood that will take a picture for me.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:36 AM

I have time for extra swaps if anyone is interested just pm me