Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed >

MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

Old 12-23-2012, 12:11 PM

Ok, I'm signing up for this. I have the week off so I plan on doing some sewing.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:20 PM

Nancia, things are cold in Denmark! I haven't gotten to hold him yet. Grandmother was here until his bedtime the day we arrived, then I started with a cold. We went shopping yesterday, then I got much worse and so I was in bed all day today except for meals and a shower, so I woulnd't give it to anyone. It's moved from my sinuses to my ears and throat already now. I'm on 3 different medicines over the counter, plus 2 different cough drops.

But, 1 of the stops on the shopping trip was a local fabric shop. I found 1000 meter spool of thread for $4 that I was told is a good brand, so I got 3 of them. Fabric is very expensive here though (solids on the remnants rack were about $12/meter, where I can get them at Hobby Lobby for about $8/yard). I got 4 remnants (each at least 30% off) and 3 spools of thread for $35-40. My boyfriend's sister-in-law says she will keep a look out for me in that store though, and will pick up some good deals as she sees them.

I was interested to see that the store did not carry Guterman thread, but did carry Guterman notions such as snaps, hook/eye closures, etc. Lots of small skeins of yarn and knitting supplies, but not crochet. Pillow forms, but no quilt batting. Also, much of the fabric in this shop was heavier weight, not quilting cotton, or t-shirt materials. This could be because it's winter now and the temperatures will stay around freezing until spring. The days are so short right now. Daylight around 9am and pitch black darkness before 5pm. I can't imagine living here full time in the winter. In summer though, it's still daylight at 10pm, which isn't so bad.

Well, it's 2:20am here and I think I've got my couching under control for a bit, so I'm headed back to bed. Tomorrow is the Christmas feast and grandma will be back for most of the day. I'll be back on the 25th or 26th to check in again.

Merry Christmas~!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:16 PM

Dusysmom, I'm feeling what you feel, I've been in bed most of the day but with bronchitis and a very sore throat with a bad cough. BUt whats worse is you being over there and coming down ill. So sorry! Well I hope you get to enjoy the rest of the trip....Oh, I can't find it anymore but have you tried Thera Flu? Thats about the only thing I've found to help what ails the crud!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:56 AM

wow! we're a bunch of sickos! sorry to alll who are feeling crummy!so far i feel some better today. i have lots to accomplish and no time to do it. it's entirely my fault since i procrastinated! everyone, get well quick! have a very merry, non-sneezy, christmas!!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
wow! we're a bunch of sickos! sorry to alll who are feeling crummy!so far i feel some better today. i have lots to accomplish and no time to do it. it's entirely my fault since i procrastinated! everyone, get well quick! have a very merry, non-sneezy, christmas!!
Nancia, I'm glad you're feeling better. Today is the first day in nearly 2 weeks that I've felt like doing much of anything. My daughter has been sick everybit of two weeks and still can't shake the stuff. Most of hers is a head thing now. BUT! It could all be worse and so thankful it's not! Have a wonderful Christmas to you and everyone here!!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:41 PM

momma k-- i hope you are at the end of it and are feeling better daily. i'm still tempted to blame the shingles shot as my arm still has a lump, and is down to pink (not red), and itches. a good local reaction and perhaps a lowered resistance. i'm just sorry anyone has to be sick for the holidays, or at all, for that matter! but i'm with you on wishing all the happiest, merry christmas, and may we each have a stunningly good new year!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

My kitchen is red w white polka dots. Next yr. In the dining room, im putting up wainscoting and chair rail, the top will be white, flat and shiny strips about 12" each. My curtains match the rest in red w polkadots. Of course beachy or cats will always f
do me.
gingermomma hope i get you. Love them little guys too.

Last edited by lynnie; 12-25-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: add
Old 12-25-2012, 08:45 AM

i love this glimpse into everyone's homes, without being peeping toms, lol! i still like to drive at night and see inside the homes as i go by. just for decorating tips!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:33 AM

It is isnt it ? I see pink and red and gingerbread men with roosters beaches and cats .. ah just like home! I recall distinctly being yound and everything had to be matchy matchy. Now its all about eccletic and heck if you change your happy spot you can whip in a few new colors items and well there you are again. I am thinking maybe some little vintage curtains for my kitchen too! Merry Christmas everyone. Thanks for a wonderful year spent playing with me here. I love this board. It is.. my happy spot.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:57 PM

WOW, I have the wainscoting in my kitchen as well.