Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast

Thread: MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    All of these are so cute, I want one of each. Hurry partner I want to see mine

OK, here are my final teaser pics of my mug rugs. All done, shipping tomorrow to somewhere east of here...

Name:  2013-01-21 17.47.27.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  909.4 KB
    Name:  2013-01-27 09.34.55.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  849.2 KB
    Megan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/K9Creative
    Happiness is a new quilt and an old dog.

Blog Entries
    My thumb is almost all healed from spraining it last week. I have one more design element to put on my mug rug and then it will be in the mail. I have decided to make it a finished size of about 8" x 10". That might seem large but I measured my favorite mug rug that someone else made for me and that is its size. Plenty of room for mug and whatever else.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Mine is starting her journey west tomorrow.
    may you be in heaven before the devil knows your dead!
    Liz

Blog Entries
    Very nice mugrugs comin down the pike. All so pretty.

Blog Entries
    My partner should get hers by monday, dh mailed it out on thursday.

Mine should be delivered by Thursday to my partner.
    Love all the mug rugs coming in and the sneek peaks
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Finished my mug rug this morning. It drew blood before it was over (it was colluding with my seam ripper!) Think I may have to put my machine in the shop again. It's not fond of detail work. I can't call her Evelyn because Gramma would be ashamed if she knew how she was behaving this morning. It has started again with that thing it does, yanking inches of thread down into the bottom and then blobbing it onto the back of whatever I'm sewing. Seems to be worse doing zig-zag, which is what I started out doing this morning, appliqueing the last piece after I sewed & flipped it right side out. I don't have the patience for handwork, so this morning I didn't have patience for this either.

Anyway, it's in the wash, along with my non-dryables. When it's done & ironed back out, I'll post a pic of part of it. Can't post it all because I put her name on the front! Hmm, need to make a trip to the store for some go-with goodies!

Here it goes!

Name:  2013-01-27_13-52-007.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  142.5 KB

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    LOL on the cookies!! I have to admit my all time downfall is the decorated sugar cookies, specially the ones with royal frosting... oh boy I will gain fifty pounds on eating those!!
    Everyone in this group are awesome and so much fun reading everyone's comments, and seeing all these beautiful rugmugs!!

Thank you Nelco and Sandy for the compliments, I think I am going to make one more a bit smaller for her too this evening and get some yummy goodies to go along with em!
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

I have in my possession the sweetest mug rug in some of my favorite colors.....made by annt59....along with pattern instructions for the "scrappy twisted triangles" that my MR was made from. Thanks so much for this little gem. My coffee and tea mug is the color of the brown in my new MR.......not able to post pics at this time...if you can it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again annt59.

Will be sending my partern's MR out Monday. Hope she likes it going to north of me.

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Dustysmom I adore your mugrug, that is super cute! Well I just finished out my second one, it is done in some left over scraps from the Red Rooster Pumpkin and Spice line.. I just love that line. I played with my decorative stitches and had fun with it. tomorrow I am off to PO!
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Blog Entries
    I got the prettiest mug rug from KathyM....all my favorite bright colors.. love it! She also included the handiest little post-it notes for marking pages in books. I also pin them on my quilt blocks to keep them in order!
    Name:  mugrugs 003.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  108.5 KB
    Name:  mugrugs 004.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  102.5 KB

I finished my MR today...I took a picture but my partner would know it was hers in an instant! This was a great swap, so many talented people on this board!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Blog Entries
    Once again, I get to see a few more wonderful creations. Seeing them is almost as much fun as receiving one.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

juanita is sending me a mug rug! I could be north of her I know it. Dustys mom what an adorable mug rug tons of work there girl bravo to you fit right in next to the sofa, and of course I could snag that pink striped one or perhaps the adorable tomato one. There is an odd tomato joke around here too .. unable to post it joke but I have a glass tomato actually two that go on the christmas tree given to remind me each year .. ahh. so it could be mine and your in on my secret.. ok send them send treats send send send you all made me hungry again! ok its 8 and I forgot to go eat dinner. guess I should eat good for me food not cookies and such. frosted cookies. I think its been probably 20 yrs since I had a frosted cookie. my aunt used to make these biscotti that had an anise glaze so good. last frosted cookie I had. in fact the only type of frosted cookies I have ever had .. yikes. ok they have cookies with frosting? seriously is it like cake frosting? or is there a different type for cookies? inquiring minds and all..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Very cute mug rugs so far.
    Liz

Oh my gosh this is just darling Dustysmom

Terriamn

Blog Entries
    I finished the Mug rug, it will be heading East... no surprise pictures since i did not make it to Walgreen's with my camera yet! I will soon, really but at least I have the pictures on my camera!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    This matches with my mug rug to Linny, page 59 #586.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Thanks for posting pics for me annt59...love the colors in my MR, and your workmanship is excellent!

Mine is just about done. Will probably be sending to my SP on Tuesday. Love all the mug rugs and the variety!! :-)

Blog Entries
    Tomorrows monday, yeah. That means mr on the board. My partner should have recd hers by now. No word yet. Please let me know. And then...tomorrow... we get more pics!!!!!!!!

Thank you! It was a lot of work. Let's see, about 4-1/2 hours? It's all those tiny pieces! Oh, then the goofball thing my machine decided to do. It's totally worth it though. I am improving my appliqueing. I was going to put an owl on it too, but I should have done that before I sewed the tree to the cream background.

I hope she likes it! It's going somewhere cold! Let's see, zip equals 24.

Well that's not me I am definitely in the cold hasn't been in the double digits much lately. Was 8 degrees the other day and felt warm compared to previously. But my zip only adds up to 8. Ice coming in tonight. Oh boy should be a fun ride home.
    Liz

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast