Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
New Bee November '17 Swap >

New Bee November '17 Swap

New Bee November '17 Swap

Old 11-04-2017, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
That's great Kristijoy, so glad you decided you could do it.. ;o) Applique becomes addictive. I really enjoy it. I just finished a large wall hanging, & am working on another for Autumn. The more you work w/it, the easier it is to do..
Oh they turned out so cute! Thanks for cheering me on! I'm hoping to get them sent by the end of the week, then I can go on my trip knowing I'll have some awaiting me when I return!
Old 11-04-2017, 09:36 PM

Hooraaaayyyyy... Aren't they cute? I got another couple made today too. Great job.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
That's great Kristijoy, so glad you decided you could do it.. ;o) Applique becomes addictive. I really enjoy it. I just finished a large wall hanging, & am working on another for Autumn. The more you work w/it, the easier it is to do..
I'm with you on applique becoming addictive. I made An Affair of the Heart quilt through the board and it was all hand turn needle work with hand embroidery. It was hard work but well worth the effort. I get more compliments on that quilt than any other I have made. I then made a Sun Bonnet Sue quilt for one of my GGDs and I used machine applique. It was darling. This will make a very pretty wall hanging for my sewing room. I have my fabric on my cutting table and that is my goal for this afternoon. Thanks for the patterns.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:19 AM

I have all of my pieces cut, now they will need to be fused. Took me back to a time when I used to cut out the clothes for my paper dolls!

My Christmas/holiday fabric is very limited here in Alabama, the majority of my fabrics are back in Wisconsin, so I am trying to make the best out of the fabric I have here.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:22 AM

That's great Jan. I'm sure they will be just fine. Glad to see you ladies doing so well.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:36 AM

Five done. Applique is usually not my thing. But these are going well and looking good!
Old 11-05-2017, 11:33 AM

I have my pattern printed out. This week I will work on selecting fabric and cutting out and making the cutties. My goal to mail out by end of next week. I miss seeing pics, but love the mystery of this project. It will be like an early Christmas present.

Thank-you Jan for hosting this.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:20 PM

That's great Chasezzz...remember, there is no sewing on this project...not until you receive the final package. ;o)

LOLO Happylab, I hope you meant Jean...and you're welcome..

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-17-2017 at 03:42 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 11-05-2017, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
I have all of my pieces cut, now they will need to be fused. Took me back to a time when I used to cut out the clothes for my paper dolls!

My Christmas/holiday fabric is very limited here in Alabama, the majority of my fabrics are back in Wisconsin, so I am trying to make the best out of the fabric I have here.
That was my exact thought - paper dolls! I have almost everything cut out, I have not fiddled with little tiny pieces like this in ages. I do not think I will finish tonight, I need to give my hand a break:-)
Old 11-05-2017, 05:36 PM

I have all mine traced and ready to fuse. My fabrics have all been chosen. I can't wait to see what everybody is using. These are going to make a great wall hanging.