Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 12-09-2013, 02:59 PM

I'll miss this too, but am going to be scouring the sales throughout the year to pack next year's box as full as I can. It will be fun to see how full I can stuff it for just $20! The older I get, the faster time flies, so the time to sign up for next years SS will be here before I know it.

I've really enjoyed getting to know everyone who posted here and having so much fun being naughty "in the hole". Splashes of coconut rum all around!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by craftymatt2 View Post
Me to SulaBug, this was soooo much fun i want to do it again right now.
ME TOO, I am so thankful to be alive and not stuck in the ditch some place like some of the ladies. OR AT WORK OR SICK IN THE HOSPITAL, OR HAVING A RELATIVE VERY SICK IN THE HOSPITAL. Boy it was a challenge to get on yesterday and to post the pictures of what I rec'd. Can't imagine some of the ladies who don't do the pictures etc and either have no electricity or no camera or dial up. Ready to go again. Loved every minute of this swap. Part of the fun was the joking we all did and had fun doing it.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:10 PM

Thank you to Terri as a super hostess. This was my first time on SS and did not know that we had to post yesterday. My computer has been acting up so I was on it briefly yesterday morning then had a full day with family. It has taken me much time to read all the posts and seeing all the photos. Sorry, I cannot post photos yet.
Thank YOU to nygal,Celine. had your address on the PACKAGE SO SEnT THANKS THEN. I loved it all especially the hand-made card. hUGS,
Charlene
Old 12-09-2013, 03:20 PM

It is ok, TammyB, Mine hasn't either. She has been really quiet this swap. At least I got to enjoy everyone's fun!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:43 PM

Hello flo swappers, I missed the opening date of the eighth at four. When I went to bed at 10:00 or so I realized today was the eight. I will get to it this week and will just keep the secret Santa goingforjust a little longer. I will go and read some of the post of those who were on top of things. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:55 PM

Yoo-hoo...Calley13...here I am! I've been trying to reach you since last night with no computer cooperation...refused to acknowledge my words or recognize my picture. I am so sorry.
But for those on the quilting board......calley13 sent me an adorable handmade snowman wall hanging (sure wish you could see it.) Beautiful work!,....a Belgium lace bookmark ( loved the history).....4 beautiful fat quarters with small prints, 2 crochet hooks, nos 6 and a 7 ( my favorites! And I'm always leaving them somewhere)...a black Sharpie pen (mine is fading fast), a box of my favorite long, glass headed pins.....a spool of white Sulky thread.....not one but 3 balls of crochet thread in gorgeous colors.....a book with 100 crocheted snowflakes patterns.....a package of chocolate/caramel "turtles" (looking gone!).....a bag of Lindor caramels (only 3 left!____er, make that 2!)

Valerie, you can be my Secret friend ANYTIME. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:00 PM

I want to thank my secret Santa, Erika Fields, who sent my special gifts all the way from Germany ! Thanks you so much for everything------Love the fabric, can't wait to open the chocolates, the bookmark will be used right away as will the beautiful lotions, the patterns are on my to-do list and the shot glass from Germany was so thoughtful ! Thanks for being such a great secret Santa ! Merry Christmas ! Pat
Old 12-09-2013, 04:16 PM

Yes I reallly enjoyed this swap,and will definitely try to do again next year. I'll start collecting now.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:39 PM

Thank you Terri for hosting this swap. I did enjoy it very much, only figured out who my SS was after I received the package but before I opened it. Yes she was quiet on this swap, but I read some of her other posts and understood why. I enjoyed the banter on this posts and all virtual food and drink. I did learn to be more descriptive of my wants on the first form which I was a little vague. I don't think she was able to get online often she may have missed some of my begging. I did get some very nice things and a wonderful table runner. Looking forward to next year.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:16 PM

Ok, everyone! Listen up!
I know that some have mentioned that they haven't heard from their person and there's nothing that can be done about it. They could be busy, their computer could be down, could be a number of things.
INSTEAD of posting negative feelings on the thread, why not PM them and ask them if they enjoyed their package? Also, you can PM the person that sent to you and vice versa a thank you. Sometimes posts get lost with all the pages we have here and some can be overlooked. When that happens, sometimes feelings get hurt that there was no thank you when indeed there was one.
ALSO....if you weren't happy with what you received...KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!! There is no need for negative comments on the thread for that either. It's listed in the rules, which EVERYONE said they read and would abide by. If you don't think you got what you deserved, there's nothing that can be done. Your person did the best they could.
So, now IF I SEE ANYONE COMMENTING THAT THEIR PACKAGE WAS NOT UP TO PAR, I WILL POST NEGATIVE FEED BACK ON THEM AND I WILL BAN THEM FROM NEXT YEARS SWAP!