Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Nov- Feb 2019-2020 Wall Hanging Swap >

Nov- Feb 2019-2020 Wall Hanging Swap

Nov- Feb 2019-2020 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 02-15-2020, 04:59 PM

Went to Ben Franklin's for some top stitch needles, and just happened (haha) to glance at the fabric...one piece didn't call out to me, it shouted!....so of course I bought a length and took it home...wondering 'what in the world will I do with this???" It certainly isn't the type fabric I normally buy...totally different...but guess what? It's going to be my next wall hanging!!!!! In fact, I have most of it put together, but won't post pictures for a while. (I love being able to try new things out on my friends on the board!)
Old 02-15-2020, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

well I know life is busy for all but it is that time to check the days and we have about 14 days til the midnight deadline!

I will be working on addresses to make sure I have all of them and they are correct.
I'll try to post a Ready to Mail list in the next couple of days.

Have a good time finishing up in time to mail!! But don't stress! If you don't get done in time there is always the next swap. You can use your wall hanging next time if you don't have it ready in time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make double sure you pm me when you are ready to mail. I may or may not see your comment on the thread so I need a pm to let me know when you are done and ready. I use the pms to know who is ready and who I can put on the list to receive a name and address.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminder to Please remember to PM me when you mail and again when you receive!!
I need to know when all pkgs are gone and again when all pkgs are in their new homes!

We have such fabulous swappers I really really appreciate each one of you. You all keep the swap moving and active. Thanks so much ladies!!

Last edited by Rhonda; 02-15-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

Aurora we will miss you!! I'm glad you plan to join in the next one! We know life can get in the way of quilting. Hope all is well with you!!
Old 02-15-2020, 06:36 PM

Yea!! Thanks, Rhonda!
Old 02-15-2020, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

Default Feb 2020 Ready To Mail list!!

I try to get the Ready to Mail list posted about the middle of the month. But please don't feel stressed and pushed in any way. If you aren't done by the deadline just use it for the next swap!

For now this is what I have for ready mail wall hangings

1.Marion
2.R-sea
3.WendyMcD
4.Rumbols
5.Teen
6.Queenbarbiej

Please make sure you pm me when you are ready to mail. Posting on the thread is not enough as I may miss it there. Thanks!! R

Old 02-15-2020, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Well, I spent the better part of three days working on my choice for a WHing. There is still some work to do on it but the biggest part of it is done. I am proud of myself to be a little ahead of the game this time. I'm usually putting the last stitch in at midnight of the last day, haha.

Friendship Star Wreath

For the Love of Roses

Attachment 622448

peace
Very interesting how you quilted it. I haven't yet mastered doing more than stid LOL quilting since 1980 and still haven't made time to learn to do more quilting type stitching. Love your wh!
Old 02-15-2020, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by granky View Post
I seriously debated with myself about posting a picture before the finished product, and 'self' said to wait, but 'myself' said to go ahead because it seems everyone else is too busy to post. Anyway, this is not put together as one piece yet, and Mama birdie hasn't deposited any eggs in the nest (which will probably be replaced), but you can get the idea of my 'black and white'...which I hope someone will like, in spite of all the 'oopsies'....
Love your birds and b/w theme. I have a cockatiel so I'm always in tune with birds LOL
Old 02-15-2020, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Here is my Wallhanging. Just need to put a sleeve. It is 30x20. I had a few Victorian vintage postcards printed on fabric and got into a my collection of lace, doilies, and vintage hankies to make this. I've been collecting this stuff for a few years with the hope of making a vintage crazy quilt...It's still on my bucket list but thought I'd design a Wallhanging for you'all. See? Totally girly.... I wobbled on some of the FMQ but overall, I like it. Hope you do too. Letting Rhonda know I'm ready...yea!
That wall hanging is so beautiful!! I love the Victorian look! You created a wonderful piece of art!
Old 02-16-2020, 09:41 AM

Thank you, Rhonda!
Old 02-16-2020, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

I'm ready to mail. Now I can relax for a few weeks and search for my next project.

Thank you, Rhonda.