Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

I am on the fence but may join just to have the opportunity of maybe getting one of Lynnies turkeys! I love the holidays and it sounds like such a fun pin cushion. I just have to find something that I feel like I can make and be proud of and won't overwhelm the sewing load.

Ok, mdall and Jamim, you have time to make one pincushion, I know you do! We all have our plates full of stuff to do especially this time of year, but always room for one more little project .... right? Come on, join the fun!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Well since Lynnie is on here,I just had to sign up too. lol Mary
    Mary

Blog Entries
    oh good Mary, can't wait to see what you come up with. My first turkey took awhile to make, I had to make a pattern and all that good stuff.wasn't quite sure about the size, so I just winged it. the second one took about 1 1/2 hrs, that included the stuffing which we all know takes time thru that little hole and all. Mdall and jamin, just wing it, all the time it takes to make up a good excuse you could be making one. even just 10 minutes a day, at the end of the week it's done. really it is. so come and join us,,,please.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    oh good Mary, can't wait to see what you come up with. My first turkey took awhile to make, I had to make a pattern and all that good stuff.wasn't quite sure about the size, so I just winged it. the second one took about 1 1/2 hrs, that included the stuffing which we all know takes time thru that little hole and all. Mdall and jamin, just wing it, all the time it takes to make up a good excuse you could be making one. even just 10 minutes a day, at the end of the week it's done. really it is. so come and join us,,,please.
    Yeah, and if your goin to the post office to mail the other stuff, it's just one more to take.
    Mary

Ok, Mary, got your PM and have you on my list.

Blog Entries
    we will nickel and dime our way to a swap if it kills us.
    I think after the holidays we'll have more members joining.
    just do it, like nike says. aint no big deal, just make one and you'll see how good you feel.
    people used to ask me how I had time to sew wheni worked 2 full time jobs. i'd do it on break and lunch and do machine sewing for 10 min everyday b4 I left for work. you'd be surprised how much you can get done in 10 minutes. even if it's one seam, by the end of the week or two ,you've got a shirt done. really.
    so no excuses!!!!

how many do we have signed up now? Plan to work on my PC this weekend. Looking forward to seeing pictures of all the beautiful creations!
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Blog Entries
    rosebud what are you making, can you give us a hint???

Hoping to pick up a few more people, but as of right now we have 7 of us making 11 items.

I think December will be fairly sparse, too, everyone gets so busy with the holidays. But hopefully it will get back to strength in January when the lurkers see that we are here to stay!

Blog Entries
    yes, when they come to "lurk" and see the nice pc's and nc's, they're going to be so jealous. they'll be oooohhhhing and aaahhhing, and 'to bad, you're not getting one'. you have to play to get one. i'm pretty much done with Christmas, just need to ship and pack, get my ds and dh's games. and nephews then i'm done.
    then I start on Valentines day. have some pc's ready for gifting in jan. still not sure about December yet. but I've got a week or two. i'll start them in nov, next week. we've had a lot in the past, so I think it will get big again,some people just don't know if they have a lot to do or not till the last minute. have a great night everyone.

Ok, I will join for 2 pc s. I cannot compete with Lynnie's craftsmanship but I have good ideas.
    I made my first pincushion at a Martha Stewart workshop and then made about 100 more!
    It's sad that you don't have participants right now, so I will jump back in. Dotty
    Dotty in NYC

And Jamimclaugh and dotcomdtcm have joined the group. Welcome, Jami and Dotty.

Dotty, I need your information, copy the form on page 1, fill it out and PM to me. Thanks.
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 10-29-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    ohhhhhhh!!!! goodie, goodie, 2 more swappers are here! Dotty, you made 100 of them? that's a lot. what are you planning on doing? I must have been a cat in a previous life, coz the curiosity is killing me.
    can't wait to see who I get.

Lynnie, you know I made all those tomatoes & cupcakes. I hope my partners like Christmas. I just got an idea, but I will wait until partners are assigned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dotty in NYC

Blog Entries
    oh yeah, I forgot about them. they look so good in that bowl, i'll take all of them!
    and the cupcke looks yummmmmm right about now.

Blog Entries
    Dotty, I know why you joined the swap, you want to put my turkey in the middle of all of your tomatoes, right?
    that would look awesome on a silver platter. if you get me, you must take a picture of it that way

Dotty, a couple years ago you sent me a cupcake, included it with, I think, a BOM or Boomerange, cannot remember. But it was the first hand crafted pincushon I'd ever been given and put it on my sewing room shelf with a few assorted things I liked. Now I am into pincushions, and your cupcake has a prominent place on the new pincushion shelf!

And love your basket of tomatoes!

Blog Entries
    I have one question. Who is paying the doctors bill from where my arm has been broken from all the twisting to join this swap? LOL

Okay, I am in for one pincushion. I am warning all of you. I have made a few pincushion before but they are not an amazing, glorious, piece of artwork. This rules stated open to all skill levels so here I am. I have no idea what I may be making and so hope I get someone that goes easy on newbies. Anyway, I am in. Sending info in now.

BTW, anyone with good connections to the sewing gods. Please ask them to grant me with the skills to pull this one off. LOL Ill need it.

Lynnie, Im sending that bill to you love! LOL

Blog Entries
    Just in case any of you thought I was kidding about not being the best at pincushions, well here is Edna the elephant that I made for a friend..Warning, some contents of this picture may be offensive to more skilled pincushion makers. LOl

Blog Entries
    he's adorable, how could we not like him.
    i'll be starting a sewing-a-thon to collect funds for that poor twisted broken arms of yours!
    just wing it, or go to bing and look at cushions there to get a hint on what to make. I love this swap, coz anything goes, and it's always different. or if you'd like, just change your fabric from month to month. you'll have fun!

I LOVE that elephant! And wouldn't I have a glorious menagerie started if I could join the elephant with my turtle pincushion from jamimclaugh.

I was a beginner too and lynnie talked me down from the ledge. I still think I'm a beginner. We will love whatever you make and you have to get your feet wet sometime.
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Blog Entries
    Well taking the plunge once again. Starting with a simple one this time for a secret pal on another swap. figure it will be good practice for this one. I was thinking maybe a pumpkin pie for November. Not sure yet, still thinking.

How very cute Dotty.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    whatever you make, just put your heart into it. we'll love it. take your time and don't rush. and for gosh darn sakes, stop being so picky picky about it. we are our own worst enemies. pick something simple to start with. pick a simple shape. stuff it really well and you're on your way. all sewing is just two seams a third adds a ruffle. if you can make a quilt, a pincushion is a breeze. and don't forget, we're all here to help you. I just try to outdo myself at times. why in the world I picked a turkey is beyond me. but all it was was shapes sewn together. Mary, you can do it.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast