Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November 2017 to February 2018 Wall Hanging Swap >

November 2017 to February 2018 Wall Hanging Swap

November 2017 to February 2018 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 11-08-2017, 03:46 PM

ube, awesome picture. You are so lucky. By the way, great ideas for the next wall hanging. Thanks
Old 11-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

Here is a peek at an idea in the works. it has nothing to do with the ideas I posted earlier which I am also working on. With all the hours I am working it is tough to find time for sewing. That will all change after Christmas when hours will be cut back a bit.

Since I last posted my DH hit a deer so my car needed a slight repair of 1,500 bucks most of which went for a car rental and deductible. He is now adding the rental insurance back to our policy, "face palm", agh.

A tree tried to escape the woods, tripped and fell onto our power and phone lines. Still have power but it took the pole off the house from the box. Insurance will pay for this! The phone company came right out and repaired that line within hours. They had to check the whole street. Power company scheduled for Monday, I hope it holds!

The best part of my four days off was deciding to be part of Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt "On Ringo Lake". I am half way through the first clue, 50 scrappy 9Ps.

Hope Thanksgiving was a peaceful time for everyone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584367[/ATTACH]

peace
Attached Thumbnails dsc08364.jpg  
Old 11-26-2017, 04:44 PM

I like this Ube.....very nice.
I bought a ruler/template from Creative Grids with the intention of using it for a wall hanging. That was last summer. I found the ruler but couldn't find the pattern I had printed out so never did it. Well, I found the pattern so that is what I'll do for the next swap. It's sort of a butterfly. I think it may have a little hand embroidery with it and that is something I don't do so I guess I will have to give it a try.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Here is a peek at an idea in the works. it has nothing to do with the ideas I posted earlier which I am also working on. With all the hours I am working it is tough to find time for sewing. That will all change after Christmas when hours will be cut back a bit.

Since I last posted my DH hit a deer so my car needed a slight repair of 1,500 bucks most of which went for a car rental and deductible. He is now adding the rental insurance back to our policy, "face palm", agh.

A tree tried to escape the woods, tripped and fell onto our power and phone lines. Still have power but it took the pole off the house from the box. Insurance will pay for this! The phone company came right out and repaired that line within hours. They had to check the whole street. Power company scheduled for Monday, I hope it holds!

The best part of my four days off was deciding to be part of Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt "On Ringo Lake". I am half way through the first clue, 50 scrappy 9Ps.

Hope Thanksgiving was a peaceful time for everyone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584367[/ATTACH]

peace

Love those cute heart spools!! Great idea!
Old 11-30-2017, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Default Sign Up List

Here is the sign up list to start us off.

Please remember this does not committ you to anything.
You will need to let me know when you are ready to mail so I can get you on the Mail List.
Only those who are on the Mail List will get an address at the end of this swap.

1.Ube
2.Armylady
3.Rumbols
4.m-fay
5.Texastam
6.Rose Bagwell

Last edited by Rhonda; 11-30-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

Default Sign Up List

You will need to let me know when you are ready to mail so I can get you on the Mail List.
Only those who are on the Mail List will get an address at the end of this swap.

1.Ube
2.Armylady
3.Rumbols
4.m-fay
5.Texastam
6.Rose Bagwell
7.scaduzy
    Old 12-01-2017, 08:23 AM
    Power Poster

Default Sign Up List

1.Ube
    2.Armylady
    3.Rumbols
    4.m-fay
    5.Texastam
    6.Rose Bagwell
    7.scaduzy
    8.R-sea
    Old 12-04-2017, 09:04 PM

Well, I decided to try a more modern quilt (at least modern to me). I combined hand sewing with machine applique and quilting. It was an adventure and I learned a few things. Sorry can't post a picture, but think of hexie flowers. I have my wall hanging completed and ready to be mailed.
    Also, wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays, just in case I don't get back to the board before then.
    Old 12-24-2017, 05:28 PM
    Power Poster

I just wanted to wish you all a

WONDERFUL MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY!! Hope you all have a great time with family and friends!
    Old 12-24-2017, 05:34 PM

I think I will try to find more time for the QB so this is a good way to do it. I am thinking my WH will be a wildlife one and want to be reminded so put me on the list and since I have commented here, I will see when other folks comment and that will give me an incentive to get it done by end of Feb.