Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: November 2019 Mug Rug Swap (Thanksgiving)

I received message from Armylady2012 that someone else will be doing it. I am excited for who it is. Just know I will help if needed. Have great holidays and peace and light to all.

Good Morning ladies so I have been out of the loop for a while dealing with Medical Issues so this is what I have as far as received

1. letsquilt - Sewbizgirl
    2. Nelco - Bugaroo
    3. Boop56 - KLTQuilts
    4. Judith1005
    5. Nonnie4 - granky
    6. Cuppy - mpepperm37

mmonohon please let me know if you have received?

Ladies with me being out of the loop I decided not to do the December Mug Rug Swap we will pick back up in January 2020 if you all want to PM me with some ideals for themes then do so and I will see what we can do to change things up in the New Year. I am still going to be hosting the swap until Cuppy can take over for me in the new year sometime so bare with me as we continue to create these beautiful Mug Rugs and share them with our friends in the swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugaroo View Post
    ... I received 2 mug rugs. One from my real swap partner Nelco and another from JSO. it is titled "card trick".

When I open "card trick" last week, I was rushing out the door to go out of town for our daughters wedding. I barley remember what I was wearing that day... sorry. I don't have more detail about the package.

If the quilter who made "card trick" would kindly PM me, I will forward the mug rug along. Thanks
    Bugaroo, I am in the Wall Hanging Swap and I found your card trick maker she is J50 so if you want to check it out, it is the swap for July -Oct 2019 Wall Hanging Swap you can always contact the hostess Rhonda and see who she was suspose to mail to and see what she wants you to do.

Suggestion theme for January. Could be Birthdays. Or your partners birthstone color.. February. Anything with a heart.or add a heart.

March could be anything with greens and white.

Blog Entries
    January....starting out new...how about 'Heavens above'...anything relating to what is in our sky....stars, clouds, moon, sun, planets (they're there, we just can't see them...), comets...etc....
    Life happens...and we react...

Blog Entries
    My partner let me know that she received her mug rug. So, I'm going to post what I made for her.

And, I am so proud of the quilting this time. That is what seems to stall most of my projects. I don't really like how my quilting comes out.

My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Did I miss December sign up?? I hope not.

Blog Entries
    I think we all missed December sign-up. I think we're skipping December and picking up in January.
    Life happens...and we react...

Thank you so much for posting. I love it and all the goodies too. I apologize for not getting the photo posted. I ended up at Urgent care two days in a row due to a severe allergic reaction to a co-workers perfumed lotion and have been trying to recoup.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    My partner let me know that she received her mug rug. So, I'm going to post what I made for her.

And, I am so proud of the quilting this time. That is what seems to stall most of my projects. I don't really like how my quilting comes out.

Michelle

May your bobbin always be full! ~Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Mmonohon, your welcome, I am so sorry you had that reaction. My son too has terrible allergic reactions also. They are not pleasant. I can't even imagine how it feels to struggle to breath during a severe reaction. (Some people practically bathe in a scent. Not always pleasant.) I hope your feeling better now. I really just figured you were enjoying the holiday with family.

Ladies Thank you for the suggestions, I will start making up the announcement for the new year and see what months I came use the suggestions in, I really like the ones I have been getting, it is hard to try to come up with news one each month and year.

Ladies I went ahead and posted the announcement for January 2020 Mug Rug swap I thought with everyone getting ready for the holidays in december that you all could probably use some extra time. I am also going to let you all know what some of the other months themes will be so if you want to work on them then you will be ahead of the game when it comes up.

February 2020 - anything with a heart or you can add a heart

March 2020 - anything with green and white

April 2020 - Partners Birth Stone color

May 2020 - Music - make a mug rug letting your partner know what is a favorite song you like and see if they can guess what it is.

June 2020 - Feathered Friends

July 2020- Sports - a lot of sports happen around this time so let us know what you like to play or watch (Basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, swimming, etc)

I will keep updating it as I decide for each month.

Does there always have to be a theme? Maybe some months can be “free style”, where we just make whatever we want. Sometimes I’d just like to make a mini quilt block for a mug rug.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is the mug rug that I made for Nelco. Barns remind me of fall harvest and Thanksgiving.

Name:  Nov mug rug.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  191.5 KB

The barn is really cute! Hmmm... I have some wooden 'plank' fabric.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Sewbizgirl, the brown is wooden plank fabric! I just quilted it along the lines.

It looks great!

Blog Entries
    Oh, I love the barn you made. And, the block where the door is, is really cool. Great job!

Armylady, thanks for the heads up on the themes. I will be out of town next summer. So, I may be able to continue to participate if I plan ahead. We'll see how it goes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4