Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-15-2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
Robyn I sure hope you get to feeling better! Being in pain is just sucky! Perhaps this new doctor will have new ideas that might be more benefitual, hugs go out to you!!
I have only been going to this current Dr for about 6 months now. She was so much better than the high priced fancy pain management office that I had been going to before her. There I only saw a nurse practitioner at my monthly visits. The first time I saw a Dr there other than when I went in for a procedure, was after going there for 7 months and I ended up in the hospital because of them and demanded to see a Dr. Then Dr was back pedaling and try to change what I had been told on prior visits. When I had procedures I was taken into the procedure room and while I was being prepped, an unknown Dr would say this is what we are doing today and lets get started. This new Dr actually examined me at every visit and asked questions. The poor girl felt so bad having to tell me that the office was closing. She said that they have dealt with this office on prior occasions and thought that I should do alright there. My only concern is that it not be like the prior place I went to that only wanted to do costly procedures all the time, which they happened to be able to provide in their medical procedure part of the clinic. They drained my savings and I had nothing to show for it. On top of it they were over charging me my out of pocket cost and I had to fight with them to get almost $1000.00 of my money back from them. Thank goodness I read my EOB's from the insurance company. Oh and the really funny thing is I just got a bill from them for the MRI's that I had done with them last October. I had to pay my share up front before they would do them. And I did pay up front and have proof. Now I have to fight with them about this bill.

I'm really glad that DH went with me to my appointment today. He had mentioned to her that he noticed that if I had to go to the ER with a bad migraine that I also got some relief in my back and neck pain for a little while. So she prescribed a low dose of morphine as a new pain medication to try. This is one of the drugs that they treat my migraines with at the hospital. I'm hoping that this will help.

I also want say thank you to everyone for their support and for listening to me about my woes.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Yes Lori like Kriscraft99 said be sure to Pm yourself to say you mailed your package. And I think the 2 blanks are Mary Lawson right??? Robyn it's a shame the way doctors can hold your life in their hands and act like you can just wait for the next doctor or date for an appointment. Never mind the pain your in. It's not like you can put it on hold while they make you wait. I'm sorry your on morphine.It does help pain and makes it bareable. It makes me so goofy I can't function well. Maybe it will give you some more crative ideas for projects.lol. If you don't laugh you might cry. We can't have that.Let us know what the next new idea is.Juli thanks for the picture. Very nice swap.Sounds like alot of packages goin out. Yeah more pictures (I Hope).Have a good night. Mary
Hi Mary. Thanks for you thoughts. I started working on my pincushion/thread catcher. I am also taking pictures along the way of what I am doing so that I can do a proper tutorial if there are enough people interested in it. I have a few more pieces to cut out. I ran into a snag while cutting out one of my pieces. Since the fabric is directional of course you know I cut it wrong directions. But no problems I figured out a way to work around this and I will have just enough fabric to make it match my sewing caddy. I'm hoping to get the cutting done tomorrow and to start sewing it.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Got my package off just in the nick of time, headed to a southern state. Anyone in a southern state that hasn't gotten their package yet?
Me,haven't got mine yet . Am I southern?? I consider West Virginia southern!!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:55 AM

My son Karstyn wants to make them but I wasn't sure if they turned out right. Thanks for posting that they do and are fun to make. HMM maybe Santa will bring this for him!

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Arizonagirl,
Many make them by hand. They bake the cake first then add some frosting and shape balls out of them. They dip them into either frosting that is liquified or candy melts. HOWEVER, being the one to find an easy way out, I bought the cake pop maker by babycakes at Bed, Bath and Beyond and use the 20% coupon towards it. It came out to $16! It makes 12 at a time (some call them doughnut holes also) and fun to make. You can view these at babycakes.com

Quiltnut4ever
Old 11-15-2011, 06:33 AM

thanks for explaining cake pops as was wondering what they are
Old 11-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

The cake pops are very easy to make and you can just roll the dough into a ball and poke a stick into it. They really look feastive. Dip them in melted chocolate and melting disc.then you can sprinkle little docorations on them and wrap in plastic with a bow tied on it. they are really cute poked into a center piece for any occasion.(birthday,holiday,graduation) You can dip them in orange or black melting disc and decorate for halloween.etc. Kids really have fun making them. Robyn of course you cut the fabric wrong. It was directional. That's what everyone does,until you barely have enough left to cut out one more.LOLI think that is one of the quilting rules. Hope your having a better day today. Maybe there will be lots of swaps delivered today. Maybe I'll get mine too.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:05 AM

I show 109 have mailed and 55 have received so far. Make sure you send me a pm when you mail and when you received your package. Lori
Old 11-15-2011, 07:07 AM

I know what you mean, I am always tracking mine and it could be two days later before they finally update anything.

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
I get so upset with the USPS when I do online priority mail. They never scan it, so I can't tell where it is. All it says is that I initiated it online on Saturday, 11/12/11. My guesstimate says it should be delivered tomorrow, but your guess is as good as mine as to where this package is at this moment. I got "tracking" but did not get insurance, so I'll be upset if this package is lost in transit. I don't think I'll do the online thing anymore. Please SP, let me know if you receive it tomorrow. It's not going very far from me, and I hope it did not go by the way of Timbuktu first. Frankly, they do not do a good job of tracking IMHO.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:13 AM

Smile my package!

Here is the wonderful package I recieved from arizonagirl, Robyn, the only thing that isn't in the picture is what she sent to my two boys. She sent a whole bunch of goodies to them. They especially loved the crayons. Thank you so much Robyn. This was my first swap and it was amazing!

PS: I was finally able to figure out how to download one picture. I hope everyone gets to see it!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
nov swap pics.pdf (360.1 KB, 109 views)
Old 11-15-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
I have only been going to this current Dr for about 6 months now. She was so much better than the high priced fancy pain management office that I had been going to before her. There I only saw a nurse practitioner at my monthly visits. The first time I saw a Dr there other than when I went in for a procedure, was after going there for 7 months and I ended up in the hospital because of them and demanded to see a Dr. Then Dr was back pedaling and try to change what I had been told on prior visits. When I had procedures I was taken into the procedure room and while I was being prepped, an unknown Dr would say this is what we are doing today and lets get started. This new Dr actually examined me at every visit and asked questions. The poor girl felt so bad having to tell me that the office was closing. She said that they have dealt with this office on prior occasions and thought that I should do alright there. My only concern is that it not be like the prior place I went to that only wanted to do costly procedures all the time, which they happened to be able to provide in their medical procedure part of the clinic. They drained my savings and I had nothing to show for it. On top of it they were over charging me my out of pocket cost and I had to fight with them to get almost $1000.00 of my money back from them. Thank goodness I read my EOB's from the insurance company. Oh and the really funny thing is I just got a bill from them for the MRI's that I had done with them last October. I had to pay my share up front before they would do them. And I did pay up front and have proof. Now I have to fight with them about this bill.

I'm really glad that DH went with me to my appointment today. He had mentioned to her that he noticed that if I had to go to the ER with a bad migraine that I also got some relief in my back and neck pain for a little while. So she prescribed a low dose of morphine as a new pain medication to try. This is one of the drugs that they treat my migraines with at the hospital. I'm hoping that this will help.

I also want say thank you to everyone for their support and for listening to me about my woes.

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. My prayers go out to you that you will find some kind of relief soon. Chronic pain is aweful and a lot of doctors don't know how to treat it effectivly. I am always here for you if you need someone to listen to you.