Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October 2018 to December 2018 Table Runner Swap >

October 2018 to December 2018 Table Runner Swap

October 2018 to December 2018 Table Runner Swap

Old 11-14-2018, 04:49 PM

Hope the gastro bug doesn't spread through the house Caroline! Fingers crossed! Well I still haven't started my runner I have recently done a project with the tri-recs rulers & kept getting it mixed up. Maybe I"ll use those & master the darn things before they drive me crazy! lol End of December - Christmas/New Years will be past, not spring yet, the next dilemma will be fabric choices! Not an earth shattering dilemma for sure!
Old 11-14-2018, 05:11 PM

Sue... Have no idea what a tri-rec ruler is so I had to look it up. Lol... The last thing I need is another ruler but that one looks way cool.... When you master it, teach me, please!!!

Carolyn...Hope Emma is on the mend....and, we always need our mommy....at least I still do and my mommy is 87 so you can probably figure out my age...lol!

Going to LQS tomorrow....may find some fun little somethings for my package to send one of you'all...*wink*
Old 11-15-2018, 03:34 PM

Yay! I've finished the top and it looks Ok. Paper piecing isnt as hard as I thought it would be. Big needle and small stiches made it easier to pull out the paper. Now quilt and photograph!
Old 11-15-2018, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Oh my goodnesss. I worked on my runner for about 1 1/2 hrs. Picked out pattern, picked fabrics. Then started it. It's a stained glass look. I love this one. I went with a winter theme.With snow on the ground and cold temps it was a no brainer. Hope everyone stays warm and safe.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:50 PM

Thats another I've never done, stained glass will be on the plan for next year.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

Oh My Goodness. This runner has been a challenge for me. It is almost done except today I ran out of fusible bias tape. Had to go online to order some. Next stained glass is going to have black leading . The gold is very festive and pretty,but us older ladies don't see as well and the stitching shows and I have poor eyesight. The glittery lame is had on the old eyes. The picture I took is very poor as it is so cloudy today. The colors are white on white around it and the black is actually a dark green.I like the runner. Wish I had worked on stained glass prior to this swap. But that is what this months is "something we haven't done before,"so who ever gets this please remember that. I should get the bias tape by thursday and then trim up the runner and bind it. Then it ill be ready. for the unlucky partner I get. lol. I'll send a few nice goodies to make up for it.Ok.Stay warm everyone.
Attached Thumbnails dsc04014.jpg  
Old 11-18-2018, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

P.S. I'll try another picture tomorrow if the sun comes out. This one is awful. Sorry
Old 11-18-2018, 05:12 PM

I think this looks beautiful! I hope I get to be your partner!

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Oh My Goodness. This runner has been a challenge for me. It is almost done except today I ran out of fusible bias tape. Had to go online to order some. Next stained glass is going to have black leading . The gold is very festive and pretty,but us older ladies don't see as well and the stitching shows and I have poor eyesight. The glittery lame is had on the old eyes. The picture I took is very poor as it is so cloudy today. The colors are white on white around it and the black is actually a dark green.I like the runner. Wish I had worked on stained glass prior to this swap. But that is what this months is "something we haven't done before,"so who ever gets this please remember that. I should get the bias tape by thursday and then trim up the runner and bind it. Then it ill be ready. for the unlucky partner I get. lol. I'll send a few nice goodies to make up for it.Ok.Stay warm everyone.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:12 PM

That looks really cool, Mary!! This will be a stunner when revealed... Love the colors... I'm trying to figure how you do this based on the photo but I think you'll have to teach me...looks hard..

Here is a sneak peek at a crazy block used in my runner... Hoping the colors aren't a turn off for anyone but my favorite colorway is black/white and yellow...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 11-18-2018, 05:14 PM

Adorable! The colors are wonderfully cheery.

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
That looks really cool, Mary!! This will be a stunner when revealed... Love the colors... I'm trying to figure how you do this based on the photo but I think you'll have to teach me...looks hard..

Here is a sneak peek at a crazy block used in my runner... Hoping the colors aren't a turn off for anyone but my favorite colorway is black/white and yellow...