Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2018 to December 2018 Table Runner Swap

Blog Entries
    Got my runner today, thanks so much Queenbarbiej, it’s beautiful!! I love cathedral windows!
    Name:  FDEBF7B8-577F-45E4-BDC0-923DC12CE272.jpeg
Views: 118
Size:  136.1 KB
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Oh wow....stunning runner, Queen....

So so glad I joined this swap. You'all create some beautiful runners.....so much talent...
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

i am the lucky person who received this runner. Still new to the QB process and am just now reading all the blogs?? to this runner swap. Haven't figured out how to do the pictures yet so your post it perfect. Thank you Ube, i love it.

Blog Entries
    Some beautiful runners arriving at their new homes . another ten days and mine should arrive some where , where it is cold

The black and white snowflake is pretty. Love the look of it. I think we all love the cathedral windows pattern. I am in awe of someone that makes one. This one is a beauty. Someday I will try one. Such beautiful runners like R-sea said.
    Mary

Here is the fabulous runner I received from Jaba. It was actually like receiving two runners since it is reversible! The colors on both sides really work for me as one of the sets of dishes I use are the cobalt blue Avon "Sapphire" dishes. They go with it perfectly. Name:  Runner reversible.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  406.6 KBName:  Runner bargello.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  424.5 KBName:  Runner reversible with plate.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  307.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Fabulous! What a beautiful runner, so handy that your dishes match it.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Oh....so pretty. Your dishes look gorgeous with that. And, reversible...very cool. Lovely runner Jaba!!
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

That sure is a pretty runner. I love that it is reversible too. Really nice colors too. Good job.
    Mary

I received this gorgeous gold stainglass Christmas runner from Mary (lawsonmugs) today. She also sent me a sewing machine lapel pin, bobbin cleaners (lol....loved your note), a pocket FQ cheat sheet (very cool), and personal designed and crafted ornament (so creative....I am attaching a close up of it so you'all can see) The runner is absolutely gorgeous and so beautifully crafted and perfect fabric colorway. So so pretty!! I love it and all the thoughtful goodies she included!! Thank you so much, Mary!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jhr58 View Post
    i am the lucky person who received this runner. Still new to the QB process and am just now reading all the blogs?? to this runner swap. Haven't figured out how to do the pictures yet so your post it perfect. Thank you Ube, i love it.
    Happy you like it, jhr58. I still don't know all the neat things you can do on QB. I learn new things all the time. Keep exploring!

this might be of some help downloading pictures from PC.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-hel...s-t168819.html

All the runners are amazing, a wonderful show and lots of work by everyone to make the theme a success.
    Last edited by ube quilting; 01-10-2019 at 02:31 AM.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    Beautiful runner for Teen from Lawsonmugs very striking

Okay Guys,

You lot are just showing off now - LOL LOL LOL.

It is wonderful to see all the fantastic talent we have in this swap.... makes me worry about my poor partner and what she is going to have to put up with. Still, it's on it way now so I can't change it. It has a long journey so hopefully it will arrive around this time next week.

Thank you all for taking part and making this a really good swap to organise.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

oh my, oh my, oh my! Stunning runners arriving at their new homes! I'm feeling guilty that I took the easy way out this time, and made a simple one! Hope my partner understands!

I think the "challenge" worked well. So many fabulous runners getting shown. Though piecing was a challenge for me, it was simple and I hope ??? likes it.
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

The theme was trying something new. Not make a hard one. lol. I never made a stained glass anything so I tried. Poor Tina got stuck with it. You have to have pretty good eye sight and a steady hand. Which I don't. But we are all friends here so it doesn't really matter so long as we do our best. right ladies??? I haven't seen any junk on here yet. I been doing this swap for quite awhile too. lol. Have a great weekend and keep the pictures coming. I think we all like seeing them.
    Mary

Sue I just checked to see your runner and I love it. You can send me one too...... Sometimes simple is best.
    Mary

Poor Tina schmina!! I love it.. Your beautiful runner will be honored to be a part of my first year's decorations in my new home next Christmas season. Can't wait!

Blog Entries
    The runner I made is on its way but has to cross the big pond- I have no idea how long that takes Caroline.
    I was a day late getting it out- so sorry, I was called in to work and couldn’t get to the post office, but it is on the way. All I can do is hope you like it when it arrives. I am loving the pictures of the ones that have been received so far.
    Excited to see what I receive.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

This swap isn’t done yet, but any thoughts what our next challenge will be Caroline? Lol Hmmm that will be due end of March right? The possibilities are endless! I’m already tired of winter, so I am anxious to think of anything that is heading toward warmer temperatures, green grass & using the lawn mower instead of the snow shovel! Just sitting here with my coffee thinking of warmer days & the multitude of possibilities for the next swap! No pressure! Lol

Me too Sue. Can't wait for warmer weather. Caroline what will the next one be???....... Maybe floral again that was so pretty. Or maybe exchange names and make something in our partners colors... or maybe something else.LOL. Maybe something to do with our neighborhood.... I live in the country so mine would be that. If you live in New York it could be skyscrapers.etc. Oh there is a puppy movie being advertised on my screen now maybe animals or pets. How about more suggestions for Caroline to help her choose.
    Mary

I've just finished cleaning up and tidying my sewing room and found, at the back of a cupboard, a pattern and pieces of what looks to have been a stained glass like lawsonmugs did. I have moved it to my UFO box and when I need a challenge I will attempt to do it.

I like all your ideas above lawsonmugs. I was only thinking it would be fun to specifically make a runner for someone. We would have to share a bit of info about ourselves so we wouldnt know whos sending till it arrived. Wuld be fun
    Last edited by m-fay; 01-13-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: doubled up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
    I like all your ideas above lawsonmugs. I was only thinking it would be fun to specifically make a runner for someone. We would have to share a bit of info about ourselves so we wouldnt know whos sending till it arrived. Wuld be fun
    Sounds good to me.
    Anna Quilts

I don't know how much work this would be for Caroline. I never ran a swap. Marion, the runner I made was fun. Took quite awhile.It would have been much nicer if I could have seen better.Good luck with yours.
    Mary

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast