Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October mug rug swap -- thanksgiving or harvest >

October mug rug swap -- thanksgiving or harvest

October mug rug swap -- thanksgiving or harvest

Old 10-14-2015, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by nhnative View Post
Thank God for the miracles and having everyone on here praying helped too. Sending more prayers for Mike's recovery and prayers for you and your family
Thank you , Pat. Your support and prayers are appreciated so much. I feel like such a weight has been lifted. I know this is still early days but he is awake/aware and crabby! This is good! I'll take sullen teenager and suffer him gladly! lol

Now, to get through tomorrow and we can work towards getting him home to recuperate.

I wish I could show my gratitude in a tangible way to each of you here who have reached out to me and supported me with PMs, words of encouragement, offers of help, and prayers for Mike and our family.

No better group of people to go through a crisis with! I appreciate all of the soft, strong, loving shoulder's I have had to lean on.

Deb
Old 10-14-2015, 09:36 AM

I think that all of us would like to do more but at least we can send prayers. Here's to a great recovery.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:14 PM

Deb, I'm glad that we can at least give a little encouragement and support. Prayers continue for Mike's recovery.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:42 PM

Deb -- it nearly broke my heart to hear all that Mike & your family has gone through. But I'm still praying for full recovery & hope he will be home with his family soon, for additional healing.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:58 PM

Got my mugrug today from annt59. Cute mugrug and all the extras.......
I will to try upload tomorrow, I've tried a couple times, but it keeps "failing".

Last edited by Robinlee; 10-14-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:11 AM

Sent out mug rug to my partner, shows delivered, hope she received it, and liked it.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:59 AM

well....went thru 5 pages and no pictures....mug rugs????????
Old 10-15-2015, 06:27 AM

Uploading pic this morning ;

Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post
Got my mugrug today from annt59. Cute mugrug and all the extras.......
I will to try upload tomorrow, I've tried a couple times, but it keeps "failing".
Attached Thumbnails oct-mugrug.jpg  
Old 10-15-2015, 09:57 AM

Dear Nelco, I am on my way to the PO as soon as I am done posting here! Thanks for the PM and I look forward to getting my swap. I will post pictures as soon as I am able.

I have a wonderful update (finally!) to post about Mike. His procedure was this morning. This is what my DH sent me:

Sweetie,

Mike is back in the room, and the procedure went great. The valve is in, correctly positioned and seated, and working perfectly. Mike's BP is 130/70 with a pulse rate of 60, as compared to the 80/34 with a pulse of 100 that it has been for a week.

Oxygen is good, everything looks good. They pulled his drainage tubes and many extra thingies, but his chest staples need a couple more days.

In the event of an emergency, they are keeping some of his major IV lines in as well as the breathing tube. He is sedated. Unfortunately, the breathing tube will stay in until the last, hopefully this afternoon it will come out.

The entire floor is breathing a sigh of relief. Everyone got to know Michael, and the last two and one-half weeks have been hard on the staff as well. Unsolicited,the charge nurse told me that in her 35 years, Michael was the kindest, politest, and most patient teen that she ever had.

When he gets that tube out, he will be getting some serious food. And water!

I omitted the "mushy" stuff. There were some serious tears of joy and relief happening here at our house when we got this news.

Thank you all for the prayers, kind words and support. I am grateful for each you. You are blessings.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:11 AM
SMR

I got my package from Crqltr Tuesday. Love my mug rug and the extra goodies. I will try to get to post office Friday to send yours on it's way. I'll try to post pictures of the one I received later, meanwhile a great big thanks to you.