Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST >

October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST

October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST

Old 10-08-2012, 08:33 AM

SharonAnne - I love your cowl. Its beautiful and I have never seen one like this before. Lucky the person who receives it.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 AM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Oooof! Miss a couple of days and so many posts to catch up on!

Love the sneak peeks! The cowl is gorgeous and looks so toasty!
Ms Fear what a terrific little quilt -- I think you need to join the doll quilt swap immediately!

The fair was fun. Soooo much work and it knocked me out for a day afterwards ... note to self ... do not wear flip flops when you're going to be on your feet all day. As for sales ... don't ask I guess we would have done better if we sold cheap junk from China ...
I would except I am already overextended with projects until spring probably. There was a time I used to make wrinkly and fat dolls with pantyhose though! It's fun because you can really sculpt some great expression into their faces with needle and thread.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:37 AM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

And SharonAnne, that cowl is wonderful! Navy or Crimson please, in a soft angora haha.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 AM

Not sure if my SP is watching us this month, looks like she did post in last month's though. SP, your Box should be there tommorrow!

Expected Delivery By:
October 9, 2012

Delivery Confirmation
Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Kelly, I was in the service and I thought you were going to bounce that coin on your bunk to make sure it was made right! My kids used to have inspection on Sat Mornings and they thought I was crazy to make them have a bed made right!
We never had the coin thing. I think our TI was fearful of us as a group - we were his first flight as a solo TI and we were 48 wild and wooly women who wouldn't shut up. And then I spent a year in Korea and the coin-check was a HUGE deal because everyone wanted to get drunk but no one wanted to pay for it. Between my husband's coins and the coins I got, we have a pretty large collection displayed in the basement. But the only one I still keep on me at all times (in my bra, if you'd believe it) was the one he gave me when we got married.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 AM

Awe, that is sweet! I was stationed in Germany and everybody drank there all the time! I remember a green horn asking as how old you had to be to drink. You just had to be old enough to carry your own bottle! But you learned quickly that if you wanted any kind of future you put a lid on it! I met some amazing local quilters who had never seen a woman in a Military uniform before. They took me under their wing and taught me some really cool hand stitches, of which I have forgotten most of them. But they were some fun quilters. The thing I remember most about them was that they used any kind of fabric they could find and made some pretty unusual quilts.

I was all set to go to the PO this morning when I remembered it is closed! Drat! My husband, whose name is Christopher, says it is his Holiday. So we have been calling him Mr. Columbus. Oh well I remember when I was working any time you had a day off was a good day, especially if you got paid for it! So everyone who has the day off enjoy yourself!

Last edited by marytoddliz; 10-08-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:05 AM

SharonAnne~the cowl turned out beautifully!!!

Kelly~that's so sweet!!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Anastasia, you make me laugh... I felt the same way when I saw it completed. It IS much softer than chainmail, though, honest. Are you a "steampunk" type person?
Steampunk, Goth, punk, renaissance, classy lady, scrub.... hehe.. I love texture, layers, weight, structure.. Some chainmail is surprisingly soft I love to run my hands through them while they drape when I go to the ren fest chainmail booths. I have a friend that does chainmail jewelry. I am also one of those people that reallyyy enjoys the weight of things, like I love when I get to wear the lead apron for X-rays, and I love really heavy blankets (thinking of making myself a weighted quilt) and I love the weight of chainmail.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:21 AM

Wow went through several pages! Sharon that cowl is gorgeous. In SWFL we do have a few days of cold weather but it doesn't last long. I'm sure that will keep your SP very warm and I love the color! The fat kitty is cute! I'm going to finish my SP's home made gift this afternoon and its off to the PO tomorrow. I have to get it to her before she leaves!!!!! (yes that's another hint)
Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 AM

My sp pal gift is also ready to go.I will send it tomorrow. Zip adds up to 23.