Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: October Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes September 30th 4pm CST

Blog Entries
    Tomorrow is the day. Having surgery on my right knee. Sure hope this time next month, my knee will be bionic.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Good luck verna.i just love the saying on the bottom of your comments about a true friend. It's soo true. My best friend of 50 yrs passed away 2 yrs ago. We were just the your saying.i'll keep you in my prayers. Hugs mary
    Mary

Krystyna glad your DHs surgery went well and praying he has a quick recovery!

Verna good luck and will keep you in my prayers!

A Lovely Package!

My swap partner was Frickles and I received a stuffed-full package of joy about a week and a half ago. I am posting two pictures of all the goodies. A sewing kit with scissors, embroidery scissors, fabrics (including a certain blue that I just ran out of!), note paper, an embroidery kit, a special magnet you can use anywhere, a little clip stand, a chicken/rooster panel, safety pins, and some great sewing projects!

Thanks again, Frickles!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
    My swap partner was Frickles and I received a stuffed-full package of joy about a week and a half ago. I am posting two pictures of all the goodies. A sewing kit with scissors, embroidery scissors, fabrics (including a certain blue that I just ran out of!), note paper, an embroidery kit, a special magnet you can use anywhere, a little clip stand, a chicken/rooster panel, safety pins, and some great sewing projects!

Thanks again, Frickles!
    Woohoo frickles is my real life friend I got her started on the quilting board. Shes a very very special lady. I always hope she would get me or I get her as a secret pal. Never have though. She sent you a lovely package.
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

Catpawski I hope you receive your pkgs soon! Its a bad thing to wait all this time. Krystyna glad your husband made it well from surgery and hope he recovers just as well. Verna, wish you the best and speedy recovery on your surgery! Has anyone heard from Lori? I pray that she is doing well and resting.

I guess my two secret pals are going to make me wait a little while longer..................
    Last edited by catpawski; 10-28-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Power Poster
    Verna good luck with your surgery. Krystyna, so glad your husband came through the surgery good. Speedy recovery for everyone.

Blog Entries
    Boy October days are running out, I hope you get them soon.
    Linda
    Happy Camper
    Retired and Loving It

Blog Entries
    Prayers for you, Verna.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I am home laying on the couch with my leg propped up. Tried to watch the voice, didn't go so good had to replay couple of times on account of falling asleep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catpawski View Post
    I guess my two secret pals are going to make me wait a little while longer..................
    You didn't have very good luck this month cat.....I got your pkg by mistake and Lori let me know who it was suppose to go to so I pkg back up and sent it on to quilterjody in colorado....nice pkg too. LOL hang in there they don't have much time left....
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    I am feeling alot better than I thought I would after surgery so I will be in for the next months swap, can't wait.

Blog Entries
    Has anyone heard from Lori? I wonder how she is doing. I had to skip October and want to make sure I get into Nov. Swap.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
    You didn't have very good luck this month cat.....I got your pkg by mistake and Lori let me know who it was suppose to go to so I pkg back up and sent it on to quilterjody in colorado....nice pkg too. LOL hang in there they don't have much time left....
    Got my package friday. It was a nice package. I love the plant mats..I got lots of plants. The fabric was so pretty. This was my first SP swap. I am really pleased with it. It was so much fun I may have to do it again.

Is there a Nov. SP Swap? Where is it? I looked but couldn't find it. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
    Is there a Nov. SP Swap? Where is it? I looked but couldn't find it. Help!
    Not yet Juanita, waiting for Lori to get better to let us know.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Thanks for letting me know

Quote Originally Posted by LindaR View Post

You really have me confused............I checked my pm's for this month and I received your information on October 2nd along with Belfrybat.........so as far as I know you didn't get the secret pal package by mistake you were one of my two secret pals............I didn't hear anything from Lori about a mix up.......

And yes it's a bad month.........I still didn't get either of my secret pal packages.........I did PM Lori but no response yet.........and since she hasn't been around due to her surgery I'm not expecting to hear anything for awhile...........

Sounds like a mix up of some sort happened.............maybe noboby was assigned my name to be their secret pal ...............that would makes sense as to why I haven't received at least a package from one of my two secret pals
    Last edited by catpawski; 10-29-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quilterjody View Post
    Got my package friday. It was a nice package. I love the plant mats..I got lots of plants. The fabric was so pretty. This was my first SP swap. I am really pleased with it. It was so much fun I may have to do it again.
    Sorry quilterjody this makes no sense to me.........I didn't receive any information about you..........

Sounds like a mix up of some sort happened.............maybe noboby was assigned my name to be their secret pal ...............that would makes sense as to why I haven't received at least a package from one of my two secret pals
    This happened to me last December - neither of my two pals sent (although I did get something in February from one of them - but that's another story.....). It's a horrible feeling, so can empathise.
    Chin up, Lori will sort it when she's up to it. Don't let it put you off further swaps.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    You really have me confused............I checked my pm's for this month and I received your information on October 2nd along with Belfrybat.........so as far as I know you didn't get the secret pal package by mistake you were one of my two secret pals............I didn't hear anything from Lori about a mix up.......

And yes it's a bad month.........I still didn't get either of my secret pal packages.........I did PM Lori but no response yet.........and since she hasn't been around due to her surgery I'm not expecting to hear anything for awhile...........

you may be right....I got a PM from Lori with Jody's info when I got two pkgs by mystake....put in pictures and counted myself blessed for the month LOL, sent your pkg on to Jody, (she really liked it)....Poor Lori, pending surgery and a screwed up month....get well Lori and heal fast
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    Is there a November SP swap?
    jazs2

Blog Entries
    Finally home from the hospital. Ran into a lot of problems. 1 hour surgery lasted 6 hours. I made it and getting stronger every day. I am staying at Marty's house, until I feel better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    Finally home from the hospital. Ran into a lot of problems. 1 hour surgery lasted 6 hours. I made it and getting stronger every day. I am staying at Marty's house, until I feel better.
    So good to hear from you. We were all a bit worried. You take it easy Lori so you can heal fast.
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast