Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: October Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes September 30th 4pm CST

Thanks so much -that is just what I wanted to know-sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
    I am new to the swaps and just wondering if this one is for sewing items or any items or what? I have read the instructions but still not really quite sure. Could someone please clarify for the blonde person here? Thanks
    Check out some of the pictures from this months swap and some of the past months swaps. That will give you some ideas of what to send. It's a fun swap and it is not stressful unless you make it that way. We have a lot of fun on here. Lori is a great host and can help you with whatever you need.Or sometimes the rest of help.Hope to see you in the swap and also hope you are a poster.Mary
    Mary

Blog Entries
    I am in for October after all. Our fearless and wonderful leader says the mailing date is good to get it here by the 25th. This is so much fun.

Linda
    Linda
    Happy Camper
    Retired and Loving It

Quote Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
    catjo, I just can't believe all the hoops that make us jump. My sister fought tooth and nail for her SS and when she finally got it she passed away 6 months later. Also having to get a lawyer to help, they get a percentage of the back pay. Not sure how much. Just upsets me that we have to fight for it when we paid the monies in while we worked.
    They get 25% of it. I did everything up to the point the appeal will now go in front of the judge, and I felt I needed a lawyer just to be covered for judicial purposes and not get walked over. They want you in so much debt before you get it that all the back pay has to be used to pay for everything your behind on. Ridiculous process. The attorney says they do that to weed out the people who really don't need it.
    This past week they think I ruptured another disk in my back, so I continue to lay in bed. Was up too much today and paying for it today. Husband said, "you better tell the attorney". My wording was, it has to be confirmed or the SS won't care. That is what the attorney says. It all has to be down confirmed on paper before they will even consider it. Just unfortunate we have to go through so much. I checked to see if the process could be speeded up and you either have to be terminal or how being foreclosed on before they will consider your hearing date to be moved up.
    I am so sorry for your sister. That is an example of why I am so upset with the process. It is almost if they are waiting you out.
    My husbands ex was working and hurt her back, and the workers comp doctor got her SS and she only had one back surgery. Here I have all these problems and 6 back surgeries and I repeatedly get turned down. Something is definitely wrong with our system.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    Bullock2us, it can be anything really but that's why we fill out the info. We generally go by that info to get what our SP wants/requests. It's a great guideline but you can certainly add on extras if you want that's not quilting, a lot of us do! Just have fun w/it!
    I agree. I know I try to get the stuff on peoples list and then I put a little of this and that too. Magazines, books, patterns, fabric, candy, thread, lace, ribbon, ornaments, just whatever goodies you would think the person would like. Can come from your stash or you can purchase. I think in this group we all welcome used things. We just have fun with it. Some of us post clues for our SP to see if they can guess who has them as their SP. Glas to have you join with us.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Thanks everyone for the prayers. I am still here in bed. I have numbness now in my abdomen and private area. The nurse practioner wanted me to go for an Xray. But the doctor said to wait till swelling was down and she was going to schedule a milligram cat scan for me. So I haven't went to Urgent Care to have the Xray. If I get worse I will. I have a neurostimulator in my back so I can't have MRI's anymore. I have found that nothing seems easy with my body. Will keep everyone posted as things go. Meanwhile, just laying around, very bored.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

I'm in... sending my info in a minute..... missed last month.;(

Sincerely,
    Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

I'm in again for October...........2 swaps...........since it's my birthday month they will feel like my birthday presents........wonder what I will get................

Blog Entries
    I'm in too....my head is getting better but still dizzy and wacky at times....this too shall pass LOL
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    We had a beautiful quilt show for our guild this weekend. I only got one entry made, plus a challenge quilt from year before last (we do a show every other year, so next one is Sept 2015). It is called the Rainbow Connection, as it is made from many rainbow bits I was gifted with or made bits of. There are pieces from several swap partners in here, and it was quilted for me by Sewdamncute!

very pretty quiltingdragon!
    Brenda

Lovely - well done!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

That is a beautiful quilt quiltingdragon! I love bright colours!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catjo View Post
    Thanks everyone for the prayers. I am still here in bed. I have numbness now in my abdomen and private area. The nurse practioner wanted me to go for an Xray. But the doctor said to wait till swelling was down and she was going to schedule a milligram cat scan for me. So I haven't went to Urgent Care to have the Xray. If I get worse I will. I have a neurostimulator in my back so I can't have MRI's anymore. I have found that nothing seems easy with my body. Will keep everyone posted as things go. Meanwhile, just laying around, very bored.

Hooe led you get better soon, know that won't happen though. Will says prayer for you. I am going to try and quilt today so let's hope I can. I miss quilting.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

I just sent Lori a pm to join in this month.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
    I just sent Lori a pm to join in this month.
    Yeah, always glad to see some old friends.
    Mary

Beautiful quilt! Love the bright colors!
    Can't wait to get my SP for Oct. Hope to mail early, always want to and then life seems to get in the way, and I end up mailing just before the deadline. LOL!

Power Poster
    Beautiful quilt quiltingdragon

Blog Entries
    Signed up yesterday for the swap. This is my first swap, also doing the Secret Santa in another thread. Thought this would be fun way to connect with new people.

I have done a row robin before, which was a lot!

Blog Entries
    Newcomers be sure to follow along as we tease each other and give hints as to where their package is going and then you get to see the packages as the take pictures of and post on this thread. We do have a good time. Please make sure you go over the rules about sending private messages to your host (me) and your secret pal after you get your package. Just stick with this thread and enjoy the fun! Glad to see some people have returned. Just think tomorrow you get your names......

Welcome Amanda, this is a fun swap, you'll have a good time.

Can't wait to get my SP name!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilben View Post
    Welcome Amanda, this is a fun swap, you'll have a good time.
    Thanks!

Welcome Amanda,Hope you tag along with us.It's fun and a lot of good people on here.Just ask if you need any help. Mary
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to get my name. After the month i've had, putting together a package to make someone happy will be fun.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast