Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Oh Sew Sweet! END OF SUMMER 2.5” ‘CANDY’ swap!!! *Sign-up Closes 8/1/13*

I was out of town for work last week, but presently surprised when my mail started up again on Saturday. I haven't had a real good inspection yet, but what I saw got me all excited! Can't wait to get started.

Thanks again, SheriR! You have definitely got to do another one soon-when things get calmed down a little for you,
    Madeline

Got mine!!! Got mine!!! Anyone who doesn't want their yucky horrible spud can forward to me. I'll help take it off your hands!!!

I got home last night from my trip to Utah to see daughter and family. My sweet candy was waiting for me and I enjoyed every bite of the Idaho Spud. I found a great quilt shop in Provo called Fabric Mill. What great prices they had. Sure wish I lived closer. It is worth stopping at if you are ever in the area.

Jannie, sounds like fun!!! Glad you enjoyed your Candy and your trip!

I've heard from must of you. Everyone should have received their Candy. If you haven't let me know. I'll check the tracking number!!! Thanks again everyone!!!

I think I'm going to take a couple of months off and hopefully post a new candy swap in January.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Hello there ladies! I just wanted to thank you all for the candy. I just spent the better part of 3 hours chain stitching so many squares I can't count, at least not yet. I pulled mostly medium and dark squares from every single bag I received and mixed them with some lights I had. I've still got a long way to go but at this point, everyone in this group will be represented in my quilt top. I had a great deal of fun today, due in great part to all of you. Thank you so much!

Janice! It warms my "candy" heart to hear someone is using their charms. What a great day for you. Please post pictures.

I'm back in Idaho with my sweet MotherInLaw. She's now well. I sit by her bed and hold her cold hand. She won't let us put a blanket on her. Last week, before I hustled up here, she did receive a quilt I made her. At least you all know I do sew sometimes lol.

Hugs! Sheri
    Attached Images Attached Images

SheriR~

Pretty quilt Sheri! Sorry to hear about your MIL. Will keep your family in my prayers~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Sheri, I didn't participate in this Candy Swap but hope you'll do another after your well deserved rest...will you post here so I'll know when and if it's a go? I've enjoyed the swaps of the past and NEED more candy!!!

Dear Ladies,
    If you still follow this thread I thought I'd check in. Patrice permitting, I do intended on starting a new swap in January. Soooo much has happened, I really needed a break after my long summer. My mother-in-law did pass October 4th. I was by her side. It's been difficult. I appreciate your patience and look forward to starting our "Candy" swap again. See you in January. Quilty HUGS!!
    Last edited by SheriR; 11-20-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    SheriR~

Blog Entries
    Of course I'm following and I can't wait! Hugs
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

I will be waiting for you to post your new swap.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I'm waiting on pins and needles!!! Got my new go die just for this swap!!!

Blog Entries
    We're lining up.....this is worse than waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve!!

SheriR--so sorry about your MIL. Glad you will be starting a new swap. Take your time though. We will be here when you are ready.

Look what lisa_wanna_be_quilter made from candy!!! Can you see any you recognize? http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t235124.html Way to go Lisa!
    SheriR~

Wow! Lisa's Chiclets quilt is gorgeous! I noticed that there is another "candy" swap started. It's being called 2.5" mini charm swap. If anybody needs/wants more 2.5" squares, join the swap.

Sorry for your loss April. I love the candy swap and I think Jan., after the holiday rush is a perfect time to begin again. I used a lot of my candy and made a quilt for my queen bed in the rv. I'll have to post a pic when the camper comes back from deer camp.

While we wait for the next swap I'd love to see what others are doing with their candy.

Blog Entries
    Awesome job Lisa!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Since I'm still just collecting but have good intentions I need to "hear" from you experts....there has been a thread in the main section about sewing small squares together....some one recommended the gridded pellon where the blocks are ironed on and then the 1/4 inch seams sewn...one mentioned that this made a "stiff" quilt but I'm not sure how stiff Has anyone here had experience using this method. Reason I'm asking is that I have Macular Degeneration and therefore straight lines are difficult.....so I'm searching for a way that will give me the best chance at success....and a way to correct my mistakes.

Looking forward to another "Candy Swap"

Marybrace I've sewn using this method. I made the bags I'll post. I gave them all as gifts and have yet to make my own. But I don't recall them being so thick it bugged me. It's like iron on facing. And simple to do. If it works for you and helps your quilting, do it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SheriR~

Also. I'll be submitting my request for our next candy swap to Patrice. If all goes well, watch for the puts next week.
    SheriR~

Blog Entries
    Just a heads up that SheriR has posted the next swap.....Luck of the Irish...I stumbled across it so thought I would let you know in case you still subscribe to this one

Quote Originally Posted by marybrace View Post
    Just a heads up that SheriR has posted the next swap.....Luck of the Irish...I stumbled across it so thought I would let you know in case you still subscribe to this one
    Marybrace thanks for letting everyone know. I've been running around all day and didn't get to it. And I haven't forgotten you want pics on the gridded pellon!
    SheriR~

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8