Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ornament Swap 2018

Drum roll.................and the winner of the contest is..............Sewbizgirl.

I will get your prize out to you by the end of the week. Feel free to post pictures if you like.

Our next contest will be posted on November 11th. So stay tuned.
    Hostess for the Ornament Swap. Watch for details coming later on this year. Come join in on all the fun

congratulations sewbizgirl. I've saved some of those recipes and will try them out.
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

Oh my goodness! I actually won! Thank you, Anoka.... The cookie recipes were a prize already.

Quilter Momma, your ornament wins for 'most creative'!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Now that I got Ornament swap and secret Santa packages mailed, i am going to concentrate on Xmas gifts for family and friends. Have some printed stockings that i will sew up and fill with various dollar store finds for my bingo mates--also adding a cross stitch bookmark to each stocking as they are avid readers. then decided to do a queen size quilt in various purple prints for my daughter( i have just the borders left to quilt on one i am making for daughter in law). ordered a few other items from catalogs. waiting for wish lists from family members for majority of the gifts needed.

Congratulations sewbizgirl on your contest win.
    "A Man who never made a mistake, never made anything"........author unknown but a favourite quote of my late FIL.

Congrats sewbizgirl! And I feel like you do, the recipes are a prize to!

Ugly sweater! How cute quilter momma.

I almost forgot to tell everyone I got my ornament box in the mail late yesterday. Now to try and be good until the opening party.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone.

Congrats Sewbizgirl!
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Hay partner your pkg went in the mail today.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

The package to my partner was picked up by the mail carrier today. And I received a package today. :-)
    Linda Lee

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

I have my ornament bag in the mail for the carrier to pick up. I will pm you the confirmation number Anoka Quilter.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

My package got posted yesterday. I wanted 1 last thing to put in it but couldnt find one so I'll send that when and if I do find one.
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

My package hs arrived! It is very large so will be exciting to see what is in it

Quote Originally Posted by RJLinkletter View Post
    My package hs arrived! It is very large so will be exciting to see what is in it
    Oh, how fun!
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

I love all the ornaments so far and wouldn't mind receiving any of them! Mine will be in the mail tomorrow, hopefully.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

My ornament arrived in today's mail... and it came from very far away. So exciting!

My ornament package went out today to someone who lives West of me. I hope she likes them.
    Collector of thimbles, owls and embroidery items.

*******Reminder*****
    Today is the International deadline. If your partner was international please make sure this gets posted today.

Thank you everyone.
    Hostess for the Ornament Swap. Watch for details coming later on this year. Come join in on all the fun

Our next contest has been approved for posting. Can't wait till Sunday so I can make you all wrack your brains. Remember if you PM me with the correct answers your name will be put into a drawing for a beautiful Christmas FQ. Hin't...I won't make you look at pictures of food this time.

Blog Entries
    i didnt see any posting on the correct answers to first contest. Would like to know how many i got correct--i'm little weird that way. Also has an opening date been set Yet?
    down to 2.5 borders to finish quilting on DIL's Xmas gift quilt and last border to add to other quilt to before layering it for frame. Picked up backing fabric and have it sewn and ready. Picked up the floss i needed to finish bookmarks also. This Santa helper has been rocking it

I feel really silly. I didnít write anything to indicate my package was for the ornament swap or the SS. Geez. I donít know where my mind has been. So if one of you gets a package from a total stranger donít open it because the ornaments arenít wrapped & just have a note on top on them. Really. I donít know where my head went this last week. Too much stress I guess.

Julz
    Aka Julie... thatís a hint for the real name on the package.
    ~By Grace you have been Saved, through Faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the Gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Blog Entries
    While I was getting my Secret Santa package together, I found another ornament idea. Now I can concentrate on getting my ornaments finished and mailed.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by craftyjulz View Post
    I feel really silly. I didn’t write anything to indicate my package was for the ornament swap
    Uh oh... I forgot to do that too! Hope my partner isn't in a lot of swaps and will be able to figure it out. My little gifties are wrapped.

Blog Entries
    I received my secret ornament exchange package. It is sitting on my dining room table to opening day.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

I received my ornament package too! Can't wait to see it!!

I have my ornament all ready and hope to mail it on Monday.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast