Ornament Swap 2018

Old 10-16-2018, 01:20 PM

We do two trees, a live one that is in the formal diving room and an artificial one in the downstairs family room. Neither are teamed and I have more totes of holiday decorations than one should. However, we do have one tote that is marked "must be put on tree" and includes ornaments that hubby and I have had since childhood/adulthood and the ornaments that have special meaning for me. This is where my collection of ornaments from this swap lives. Also, even to this day my husband still receives a Christmas ornament from his mother every year.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:25 PM

We still put up a tree as our youngest is still home. I’ve always loved themed trees and have tried that in the past, it always ends up with a cozy homemade feel by the time we get all the have-to-have ornaments up, I’ve given up on any theme beyond homemade.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:47 PM

My hubby never took the tree down last year. So I change it out through the year. But come Christmas, all my ornaments I 💘 go on it. But I am into homemade ones by others. When I had an apartment, I had a half tree that hung on the wall. Love the idea of hanging special ones in front of mirror. Cannot wait to see everyone's ideas.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

We do put up a tree. Always a real one until this year. I got so tired of hunting for a real tree and bringing it home (by myself), that I bought a pretty artificial the day after last Christmas. So, it's still in the box but will go up this year.

No theme... I like multicolored lights and ornaments. Whatever I like and/or is meaningful to me, I put on the tree.

I think I forgot to put any preferences in my swap info... I really don't have any, but I do love gingerbread and animals. Also stars...
Old 10-16-2018, 04:38 PM

Wow. I’m getting a little intimidated but it’ll be alright. I really didn’t put much on my list either because I barely got it in in time. So, for whoever has my name, here’s some more ideas. I do like more traditional Christmas colors; red, green, white & silver, not into gold so much. I love crosses especially, & also I really love birds. But having a special ornament that recognized my love of sewing would be cool too. I really am pretty open.
I got a bunch of little things over the last 2 days to make some ornaments for fun but now with this person’s name & what they like I may need to rethink it some. But it’s going to be fun no matter what.
Julz
Old 10-16-2018, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

I love birds too.... who doesn't love birds?
Old 10-16-2018, 05:54 PM

We have always only used a 3ft table top tree, but I am excited that this year we will be using a 6.5ft tree. It is artificial, but I don't mind. Saves me the hassle of fitting a real one in the tree stand and the inevitable water leeks that always seemed to happen all over the gifts on Christmas night! (Always!)

I do like traditional style ornaments (Santa, gingerbread, angels, ect.) especially anything homemade. I love the surprise of not being able to guess what I'll get, so I didn't put any suggestions. Whoever has my name, just have fun!
Old 10-17-2018, 07:50 AM

Great questions Nelco,

We put up a 6' or 7' artificial tree. I always loved having a real one growing up, but now I appreciate the ease of putting it up and taking down each year. As for a theme, we don't have a color theme, but for years I've collected mice ornaments, so there are a lot of them. Now, I'm collecting QB ornaments and love adding them to my favorites!
Old 10-17-2018, 09:33 AM

Pretty ornaments ladies.

I got my name and will start looking to see if she has anything posted in her profile.

I also didn't put any preferences down. I felt I would miss out on a fun surprise. I put up a 6' tree. And decorate with a mixture. So, whatever my person sends, I will be happy with.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

I have finished my ornament... but who is it going to?

Lots of fun. I have two grandbabies coming in the spring, and I need to make one of these for each of them... but first, for my swap partner.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]602685[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4475.jpg