Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pincushion Swap - July 2017

Pincushion Swap - July 2017

Pincushion Swap!

Hi Everyone, Patrice has given me permission to hold a pincushion swap. There are some wonderful ideas for pincushions out there… many being free patterns so I thought it would be great fun to have a swap!

Before signing up, please read the rules below:

Rules

As with all swaps there must be rules so here are ours!

1. This is a secret swap.
    2. This is not a partnered swap so you may not receive from the person you send to.
    3. Everybody on the board is welcome to take part.
    4. This will be a bi-monthly swap (so 6 in a year)– but you only take part in the months that you
    want to.
    5. If you commit to taking part you must send out a pincushion… no excuses!
    6. If you encounter a problem or issue, you must let me know immediately; there is nothing that
    cannot be sorted and re-organised if you communicate.
    7. You are only committed to send a pincushion…. You may, if you wish send other items, but please
    do not expect to receive anything but a pincushion.
    8. Be kind to the person you receive from… we are all at different levels of experience on this board
    and we need to encourage each other… so if you receive an item from a less experienced stitcher -
    just appreciate the time and love that has been put into making it.
    9. You must mail your item with 5 days of receiving your person’s name.
    10. The main rule is to have fun making and receiving some lovely creations.

Sign-ups will start now and close on the 31st July 2017 for this round.

So come on join in and have some fun!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Blog Entries
    can't wait to see all the clever ideas. can't join, though
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Does sound like fun! I have started a small pincushion collection. Will have to think a little before I can commit though.

Come on guys..... you only make a commitment for the months you want to.... and you get to sign up any time within the month.... so even of it's the last day before cut off you can still sign up!

Give it a thought..... also, pincushions are light and really cheap to mail!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

LOVE PIN CUSHYS...... I am IN....
    catsnquiltsgotogether

LOVE PIN CUSHYS..... I am In
    catsnquiltsgotogether

Blog Entries
    Do I send one pincushion and receive one pincushion? Or do I have to send enough for everyone in the group?

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    Do I send one pincushion and receive one pincushion? Or do I have to send enough for everyone in the group?
    Send one, receive one!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Hi Guys,

Forgot to say that when you PM to sign up, I will need your full name, address, and if you can mail internationally!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

I'm in Caroline can you use the info you have on me or do I need to resend?
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinePaj View Post
    Send one, receive one!

Hugs

Caroline
    Thanks. How soon after July 31st will we receive our name and address? Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to commit until I'm sure I can fulfill my promise.

What is the mail date for the swap? I am like quiltsRfun, I need to make sure I can "perform" on time!
    One day, when I am frayed and strained and drizzle at the end, please someone cut a square and put me in a quilt that I might keep a child comforted.

Winter I Spy Swap

I have a pincushion I love. I would like to share one, so count me in. But I don't know how to pm you! instructions please? Thanks!

This sounds adorarable! I'm afraid I'll have to pass though. Tons of UFO's that I'm determined to finish this year. Online swaps have added to it in a good way!

I would like to join but have forgotten how to pm... please advise. 😃

Evedib and Michelle-quilts you would click on carolines name on her post and a menu comes up click on private message and go from there hope this helps if you need more assistant just Private message me.

Is there a requirement or preference for what to put on the inside of the pin cushion? I've looked up several patterns and they are all different - from batting, to crushed walnut shells, to steel wool?! What are folks here planning to use? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I'd avoid walnut shells due to possible allergies.

Thanks Armylady. I also figured out I had to be in "full site" mode to pm.

Hi Guys,

Just to answer some of your questions. I will send out names within 48 hours of the closing date. You must send your pincushion within 5 days of receiving your partners name... hope this helps.

I am so looking forward to seeing all the lovelies....!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Carolyn,

I think this is an absolutely Adorable idea for a swap! Personally, I've never made one, but after thinking on this over the weekend I think it might be a good idea to try. I have a new sewing "studio", so this would be a cute way to decorate it, don't you think?

I took a look online and there are a ton of different ideas out there. It makes me want to try them all! LOL My PM is sent.

Looks like we'll be mailing them out the first week in August, so that gives me about 2 weeks to get it done. Shouldn't be too bad.

Question though: does it matter what we "stuff" them with? Someone mentioned not to use crushed walnut shells because of allergies, but the batting and steel wool weren't addressed.

What is everyone else planning on using?

Ill be using stuffing as I know Australian customs , because of quarantine, don't allow in certain things. I don't know the quarantine rules for other countries, but stuffing is the best choice for me.

This is the first time I've made a pin cushion, though I have 3. So this ones ready to post, the next one will take me longer to make...going to love doing theseName:  image.jpeg
Views: 499
Size:  1.32 MB

Thanks, m-fay! I'll do stuffing as well. Your pin cushion is adorable!!!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Very nice m-fay, love the embroidery. About a year or so ago klaws ran the pin cushion and needlecase swap for a few years. We never had a problem with anyone using walnut shells, if you get them in the pet store they are bleached and washed so all of the oil is taken out of them. We did learn that if you use the stuffing be sure and stuff them really thick so they are heavy enough. It also helps if you put some sort of weight in the bottom. Just a suggestion. When you fill out your PM you might note if you are allergic...I ask this also because I am very allergic to cats. Most everyone has marked my packages so I know.
    Hope you can see these pics, this is some of the ones I have collected from the previous swap. They sit on the ledge above my design wallsName:  DSCF3533.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  116.4 KBName:  DSCF3534.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  113.9 KBName:  DSCF3535.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  114.5 KB

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast