Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   " Falling Leaves and Climbing Vines - with a side of dots ! " - Oct 2011 -10 1/2" layer cake Swap.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%22-falling-leaves-climbing-vines-side-dots-%22-oct-2011-10-1-2%22-layer-cake-swap-t157816.html)

marybrace 10-12-2011 06:42 PM

Just checked maiing confirmation and it indidcated that my package arrived l0-ll (yesterday) and that a note was left. It was sent to your PO box... Where do they leave a note?

Mary Ellen

sunrise450 10-13-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by grandme26
Sent my leaves off yesterday so hope they are on there way. I am so glad I do not have to rake them out of my yard.

I am ready for next month. I have forgotten what fabric I need to collect. Help so I can start looking.

Me too!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Muse&Sew 10-13-2011 08:42 AM

I'll be mailing my leaves tomorrow. Since this is my 1st fabric swap with this group I'm curious if any of you have already thought of a cute quilt to make with your layer cake. I'd love to know your idea's. I see that you swap every month. Are there some quilts any of you have made with your swaps?

Yosamitesa 10-13-2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bbemerald
I'll be mailing my leaves tomorrow. Since this is my 1st fabric swap with this group I'm curious if any of you have already thought of a cute quilt to make with your layer cake. I'd love to know your idea's. I see that you swap every month. Are there some quilts any of you have made with your swaps?

I'm in the middle of 2 different quilts right now. I'm using squares from the stars & stripes swap and the blues and yellows swap. I should hopefully have pics to post tomorrow and then I'm starting on one with my blacks and whites hoping this weekend!!! :)

Yosamitesa 10-13-2011 09:24 AM

She posted future swaps on this link a while back, may want to double check with her to make sure she isn't changing it...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-140075-2.htm

luvTooQuilt 10-13-2011 10:28 AM

Hi y'all !!!

Sorry I've been Silent.. Been under the weather and lots of cleaning house- gettin rid of the clutter ...

I haven't been to the mailbox yet- I'll go today or tomorrow.. I like the fact that if I don't get the mail Everyday it's still safe and no one can get into my mailbox.. Being out in the country I always worried someone would see my mailbox crammed with packages and take them ! :shock: no more worries there.. Yay!

Just a reminder that the packages MUST be in hand no later than 10/19 - that will be the last day I pick up the packages at the po.. Till next month..

Happy quilting everyone!!

luvTooQuilt 10-13-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450

Sent my leaves off yesterday so hope they are on there way. I am so glad I do not have to rake them out of my yard.

I am ready for next month. I have forgotten what fabric I need to collect. Help so I can start looking.

Me too!

Nov is - Christmas fabs!!! Santa, elves, reindeers, snow,ornaments, candies, snowmen, anything related to Christmas holiday...

And the twist is secret Santa
Secret santa is a gift(s) totalling no more than $10. It MUST fit in a legal size envelope so nothing big.. (examples;needles , thread, patterns, fqs,chocolate, small templates, notions..)

SheriR 10-13-2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt

Originally Posted by sunrise450

Me too!

Nov is - Christmas fabs!!! Santa, elves, reindeers, snow,ornaments, candies, snowmen, anything related to Christmas holiday...

And the twist is secret Santa
Secret santa is a gift(s) totalling no more than $10. It MUST fit in a legal size envelope so nothing big.. (examples;needles , thread, patterns, fqs,chocolate, small templates, notions..)

It must fit WITH our swap baggies, right? It can't take up the whole space? sorry if its a dumb question lol :D

luvTooQuilt 10-13-2011 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR
It must fit WITH our swap baggies, right? It can't take up the whole space? sorry if its a dumb question lol :D

That is correct... it must FIT with YOUR sets.. something small and sweet would work and MUST be wrapped !!!!!! so pull out the holiday wrapping- your going to need it..

luvTooQuilt 10-13-2011 07:00 PM

Life is crazy sometimes... You wake up and start your day not knowing what life is going to throw your way... I had a thought earlier- I really hate getting older- it seems the older I get the more loved ones I loose.... Can I turn back time please?

Today we lost my wonderful aunt 'Tia Clara'... She was the Hispanic version of Aunt Bea on The black and White TV show- Andy Griffith.. Remember that show? What a hoot... She was 86 years young and didn't have a hate bone in her body. She believed the best in everyone. She'd ask GOD to protect you as you were coming and going- Dios te vendiga.... She'd have food on the table for you before you had time to take off your coat and fed you before you could utter the word 'no thank you'...You would never leave her house hungry.. She was a god fearing woman but had you in stitches. She was in a hurry to get into the nursing home to flirt with the 'men'-She never made it tho- she would tease that she would find her 'boyfriend' there and she was sure he'd be a good one...

Well Tia- I miss you already... You will be missed forever and a day!

Thanks for letting me rant..

I will be out of town probably till the 19th.. if I'm gone longer Ill let you all know... Until then I will not be available.. You may contact YOSAMITESA if you need assistance - she knows how to get a hold of me if need be..