Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   *****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A10%22-layer-cake-batik-swap-quick-turnaround-%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A-t74469.html)

Momma_K 11-15-2010 02:58 PM

I ironed and cut, bagged and have the sample along with. I've got a pulled muscle in my neck or I would have ran to the post office today. Oh well, it's raining and didn't feel like getting out anyway. :XD:
I hope mine are festive enough. I think whoever gets them will like them, it was hard to choose which to send. I did have a few I didn't want to use, just not pretty enough. Ha! "When you care enough to send the very best!" Ha! :thumbup:

gaigai 11-15-2010 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
I hope mine are festive enough. I think whoever gets them will like them, it was hard to choose which to send. I did have a few I didn't want to use, just not pretty enough. Ha! "When you care enough to send the very best!" Ha! :thumbup:

I know what you mean. I have chosen some of my favorites, and boy! I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to part with some of them! LOL

moonrise 11-15-2010 04:14 PM

Mine should be going out first thing in the morning. :)

I had to order the fabric for this swap, since I normally wash all of mine as soon as I buy it. I picked some really fun, bright colors, and it was hard to let go of it! In fact, there was one that was so yummy I almost ate it! :lol: :wink:

gaigai 11-15-2010 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
In fact, there was one that was so yummy I almost ate it! :lol: :wink:

I'm with you!! And I should ask: I found some absolutely GORGEOUS batik that I loved so much I bought the rest of the bolt. It's these luscious shades of indigo and royal and deep, deep teal blues. I can't get enough of it!! It isn't "festive", but it's the prettiest I've seen in a long time. Should I include some of that or choose something else? Ladies, you decide.

luvTooQuilt 11-15-2010 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai

I'm with you!! And I should ask: I found some absolutely GORGEOUS batik that I loved so much I bought the rest of the bolt. It's these luscious shades of indigo and royal and deep, deep teal blues. I can't get enough of it!! It isn't "festive", but it's the prettiest I've seen in a long time. Should I include some of that or choose something else? Ladies, you decide.

Whatever you decide to 'let go' will be fine with us.. We will love whatever you send in for the swap..

You ladies are funny..Thanks for the Hallmark moment...and I think I'm hungry now.. lol.. I feel the same way that I HAD to go out and buy more for this swap cause.. well... I just HAD too.. lol.. Ive got 3 scrappy batiks patterns waiting for me to make after this swap that I'll use these batiks for .. oooooooooo I JUST CANT WAIT!!!!

Momma_K 11-15-2010 09:56 PM

Well I can't say mine are really festive but they are very pretty. I had to use what I had on hand, the closest QS is at least 20 miles away. But I did order these off ebay about a year ago and I fell in love with them. I would say do what you feel is best for you. IF you truely like them as much as you say you do them by all means, keep them! I mean, no one else knows what they are missing and you will if you give them away. Soooo....up to you Sis!
:wink:

luvTooQuilt 11-16-2010 09:22 AM

Momma K is right.. We wont know if what you were planning on sending in was not your original pick in the first place...I love all batiks. No matter what you send, WE WILL LOVE.. especially if the members are anything likeme .. Cause I LOVE EM ALL!!!!!

Originally Posted by Momma_K

Well I can't say mine are really festive but they are very pretty. I had to use what I had on hand, the closest QS is at least 20 miles away. But I did order these off ebay about a year ago and I fell in love with them. I would say do what you feel is best for you. IF you truely like them as much as you say you do them by all means, keep them! I mean, no one else knows what they are missing and you will if you give them away. Soooo....up to you Sis!
:wink:

sunrise450 11-16-2010 10:22 AM

Mine are not too festive but I think they are beautiful. I hope whoever receives them thinks so too. I bought an extra 1/2 yard of each one, that way I could chop the rest up and send them without crying! I hate to send the last of any thing I have. Hmmmmmmmmm sounds kind of shelfish I guess.

maine ladybug 11-16-2010 02:21 PM

Mine went in the mail today. Can't wait to see what I get back in December.

oldswimmer 11-16-2010 02:25 PM

well, I am glad to read all these comments! Mine are more tame than festive, but beautiful! They went out in the mail this morning. I love them...hope you all will too! I am excited to get them back in the mail.....will have to find a scrappy quilt to make with them.