Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   ***CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP/ WE ARE FULL***'A Black & White Affair.. With a twist of Grey... " September 2011 - 10.5 Layer cake Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2A%2Aclosed-sign-up-we-full%2A%2A%2A-black-white-affair-twist-grey-%22-september-2011-10-5-layer-cake-swap-t148905.html)

katvert 09-25-2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by marybrace

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa

Help! I purchased batiks from Connecting Threads and can't see a difference between the fabric fabric and the selveges..

Mary Ellen

Take a picture for me. ;)

Take a picture for you? What a sense of humor you have. I don't do windows and I don't post pictures....my family hasn't let me touch a camera since l972 and besides I don't know how to send one, I just may have to mail you the fabric to let you see it up close and personal. I've turned the fabric every which way, held it up to the light, etc.... but can't see anything. You would really like it as it is really pretty...
Mary Ellen

I have used some connecting thread fabrics before and typically if you look at the wrong side of fabric - you can see some difference in the weave, it is usually thicker close to the edge.

marybrace 09-25-2011 05:16 PM

I have used some connecting thread fabrics before and typically if you look at the wrong side of fabric - you can see some difference in the weave, it is usually thicker close to the edge.[/quote]

Thank you for your kind response. I have found a solution. I have no problem with the selvedges on the regular fabric but the batiks have me baffled as the design is printed all the way to the edge of fabric....but I KNOW there is a selvedge in there.

luvTooQuilt 09-25-2011 05:29 PM

I have used some connecting thread fabrics before and typically if you look at the wrong side of fabric - you can see some difference in the weave, it is usually thicker close to the edge.

Thank you for your kind response. I have found a solution. I have no problem with the selvedges on the regular fabric but the batiks have me baffled as the design is printed all the way to the edge of fabric....but I KNOW there is a selvedge in there.[/quote]

Just send it to me ~ Ill cut it.... :-D

luvTooQuilt 09-26-2011 06:24 AM

4 Attachment(s)
ok here's a sneak peak..

marybrace 09-26-2011 07:20 AM

Can hardly wait...

SheriR 09-26-2011 07:28 AM

I'm soooo excited!!!!!

Yosamitesa 09-26-2011 07:54 AM

Beautiful...I LOVE the rings!!! :)

Momma_K 09-26-2011 08:36 AM

I see mine!! I see mine!!! Yipppie!! (forgive me, I grew out, not up!) Ha! :-D

grandme26 09-26-2011 11:27 AM

They are beautiful. Stalking the mailman now.

luvTooQuilt 09-26-2011 11:32 AM

I probably mail them out wed or thursday... no later than friday !!

BTW- that's one small fraction of the fabrics.. there are still more that I HAVENT taken a pic of... so no freakin out if you don't see yours in there.. Chances are I didn't grab that other 10 sets..

I had 12 groups of 13 baggies = 156 sets/156 different individual fabs !!!!

We did have some dups but all in all alot of variety...