Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   ***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2A%2Asign-up-closed%2A%2A%2A10-1-2%22-layer-cake-swap-reds-reds-more-reds%85-%2A%2A%2Asign-up-closed%2A%2A%2A-t96154.html)

luvTooQuilt 02-04-2011 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by rainagade
twist......... this is new to me! Can someone explain the "heart" portion of this?

I saw some twist patterns... i like those, scrappy is always good.

I signed up for 2 of the red swap, so I just add a "twist" for someone and it is same size but five differnet fabrics, that I can do.

2/reds and2/twists??? hearts?

the twist is..

ONE 10.5 square from 5 different 100% cotton unwashed HEART fabrics- any color- in a gallon baggie with NO NAME on the outside of the baggie..

ONE twist per member.. Something new im trying out..

SewExtremeSeams 02-04-2011 01:30 PM

Yikes, this is a bit confusing to me. But, I do want to be 'in' this swap.

I will pm the hostess that I am in for 3 sets and a twist.

luvTooQuilt 02-04-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

RED, RED & more REDS Swap;

For every 12 squares you send in, that are cut into 10.5in from ONE fabric, you will receive back 12- 10.5 DIFFERENT fabrics..

12 -10.5 sq = 1 set / fabric A
12-10.5 sq = 2 sets / fabric B -for a total of 24 10.5 sqs submitted
12 -10.5 sq = 3 sets / fabric C- for a total of 36 10.5 sqs submitted
12 -10.5 sq = 4 sets / fabric D- for a total of 48 10.5 sqs submitted
12 -10.5 sq = 5 sets / fabric E- for a total of 60 10.5 sqs submitted

Each set will use aprox ONE yard if cut correctly with no errors..

For the twist;

You cut ONE 10.5 square of FIVE different HEART fabrics, stuff them in a baggie and in return you will get another members FIVE heart 10.5 squares....

Clear as mud??

rainagade 02-04-2011 07:57 PM

actually you are right on! and a big thank you. We have a " little visitor" this weekend so next week I am going to go through my stash, looking for hearts before I say yes to this.

Momma_K 02-04-2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

RED, RED & more REDS Swap;

For every 12 squares you send in, that are cut into 10.5in from ONE fabric, you will receive back 12- 10.5 DIFFERENT fabrics..

12 -10.5 sq = 1 set / fabric A
12-10.5 sq = 2 sets / fabric B -for a total of 24 10.5 sqs submitted
12 -10.5 sq = 3 sets / fabric C- for a total of 36 10.5 sqs submitted
12 -10.5 sq = 4 sets / fabric D- for a total of 48 10.5 sqs submitted
12 -10.5 sq = 5 sets / fabric E- for a total of 60 10.5 sqs submitted

Each set will use aprox ONE yard if cut correctly with no errors..

For the twist;

You cut ONE 10.5 square of FIVE different HEART fabrics, stuff them in a baggie and in return you will get another members FIVE heart 10.5 squares....

Clear as mud??

Uuuhhh....wanna go over that that one more time?? Not quite sure what you're tryin' to say!! :mrgreen:
GEEE Don't hit me!! Just kidding!! LOL! :XD: :P :shock:

Seriously...got it!! All crystal clear to me!!

WonkyWanda 02-05-2011 11:22 AM

I'm in! 3 sets of REDS and 1 Twist for me please! I pm'd you. Thanks for doing this swap!

sew scrappy 02-05-2011 12:00 PM

Two different snow plows have been up and down our street with their blades up. Grrrrr....!! It's a dead end street, it's not like they're going anywhere special in driving down our street. Looks like at least one of them could have dropped their blade for our little one block long street. Sigh..... guess I'll try to get out without getting stuck in the snow. This is the best day for me to hit the LQS for my red's. I know it'll be worth the effort. It's time to feel fabric instead of swinging a snow shovel.

luvTooQuilt 02-05-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by sew scrappy
Two different snow plows have been up and down our street with their blades up. Grrrrr....!! It's a dead end street, it's not like they're going anywhere special in driving down our street. Looks like at least one of them could have dropped their blade for our little one block long street. Sigh..... guess I'll try to get out without getting stuck in the snow. This is the best day for me to hit the LQS for my red's. I know it'll be worth the effort. It's time to feel fabric instead of swinging a snow shovel.

I feel your pain.. On our farm roads not a snow plow in sight. Ever!

KimmieH 02-05-2011 01:20 PM

this sounds like fun.....im in! sending PM

sew scrappy 02-05-2011 01:38 PM

My little puddle jumper just went right over those snow drifts - not a problem. I hit two LQS's and found only two fabrics with hearts. Dang it, I've got to go shopping again. Three more shops in town, but will do it another day. Can't have all the fun in one day, gotta spread it out.