Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   *CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP*** 10 1/2" layer cake Swap.."Stars & Stripes Forever....** CLOSED for sign-up ** . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2Aclosed-sign-up%2A%2A%2A-10-1-2%22-layer-cake-swap-%22stars-stripes-forever-%2A%2A-closed-sign-up-%2A%2A-t134906.html)

luvTooQuilt 07-05-2011 09:24 PM

Hey.. Welcome back lauriejo... Hope you join us!!

jtapp9 07-06-2011 05:55 AM

Yay! I'm all signed up! Gonna try to get to JoAnn's this weekend to get the stuff to make a potholder. What is that heat resistant stuff called again and do they happen to sell it at Wal-Mart?

My camping trip was awesome! Went to Marshall's Dry Goods last Friday and spent tons of money on $1.99 clearance fabrics :). I got ALL my black/white/black fabric and bought some fall/harvest in case we do that in October. And if we dont then I have a small stash of fall/harvest :).

Also went to the local Wal-Mart and they are revamping the fabric section and had TONS of decent cotton (and others) for $1.50 a yard....wow...I stocked up on stuff that I thought would make decent backing or neutrals.

I came home LOADED down with new fabric and had packages in the mail from an internet friend that is cleaning out her fabrics and selling them off to me...got an awesome green stars that I am going to add to this months because I really like it! (I think, gotta check the yardage..)

Plus, my CW package was there and it is Awesome!!! Went through those blocks late last night and cant' wait to pick a quilt design and start on that! I have a One Block Wonder I am trying to finish up before I start another quilt top though...

I am so glad to be home and back to internet and my "quilty" friends! :)

luvTooQuilt 07-06-2011 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
Yay! I'm all signed up! Gonna try to get to JoAnn's this weekend to get the stuff to make a potholder. What is that heat resistant stuff called again and do they happen to sell it at Wal-Mart?

My camping trip was awesome! Went to Marshall's Dry Goods last Friday and spent tons of money on $1.99 clearance fabrics :). I got ALL my black/white/black fabric and bought some fall/harvest in case we do that in October. And if we dont then I have a small stash of fall/harvest :).

Also went to the local Wal-Mart and they are revamping the fabric section and had TONS of decent cotton (and others) for $1.50 a yard....wow...I stocked up on stuff that I thought would make decent backing or neutrals.

I came home LOADED down with new fabric and had packages in the mail from an internet friend that is cleaning out her fabrics and selling them off to me...got an awesome green stars that I am going to add to this months because I really like it! (I think, gotta check the yardage..)

Plus, my CW package was there and it is Awesome!!! Went through those blocks late last night and cant' wait to pick a quilt design and start on that! I have a One Block Wonder I am trying to finish up before I start another quilt top though...

I am so glad to be home and back to internet and my "quilty" friends! :)

Sounds like you had alot of fun!!!! Welcome back!

Momma_K 07-07-2011 06:54 AM

I Hope to be cutting today, been pretty busy around here. I keep seeing some awesome fabric I'd love to have! Leave it to me I'd send in more sets! :-)

jtapp9 07-07-2011 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
I Hope to be cutting today, been pretty busy around here. I keep seeing some awesome fabric I'd love to have! Leave it to me I'd send in more sets! :-)

I need to get started on that too so I'm not rushing next weekend!

Momma_K 07-07-2011 08:35 AM

Julie, where did you say you got that popcycle print? Mom had me to ask again. I wonder if I could order it online from this place.

jtapp9 07-07-2011 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Julie, where did you say you got that popcycle print? Mom had me to ask again. I wonder if I could order it online from this place.

I got it at Wal-Mart a few yrs ago. Not sure if they still carry it or not. How much is she wanting? I think I have a couple of yards still left.

Momma_K 07-08-2011 07:11 PM

Hey yall, I have a question. Whats the difference between a low shank and high shank on a walking foot? Having a duh moment! Or an "even feed" foot? Are they different or the same or whats more important?? HELP!

deenatoo 07-08-2011 07:30 PM

I would like to participate...I can tell you tomorrow how many sets...is that ok?

luvTooQuilt 07-08-2011 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by deenatoo
I would like to participate...I can tell you tomorrow how many sets...is that ok?

just pm me when you're ready and decide how many sets you plan on sending in...