Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   “pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%93pick-any-holiday%94-home-d%C9cor-swap-t227625.html)

DustysMomma 08-29-2013 03:41 AM

Yep, I agree. Only 2 more days to sign up! We're even again!

Elisabrat 08-29-2013 04:08 AM

ok that can't happen. Your playing sugarpie no doubt about it.

SIGN UP WE NEED YOU! You might just need us too! lol.. easy swap you will love it. not everyone wants something requiring lots of time or skill. You just need to let the swap leader know what your comfortable making and surely she can pair you up with someone who would like just what you can make!

DustysMomma 08-29-2013 04:14 AM

Hehehe! Neener neener! Get in & sign up before it's too late! We'd hate to have someone making 2 projects for me to play too!

Monstookie 08-29-2013 04:42 AM

I'm anxiously waiting for my partner's info....been checking out my holiday patterns in anticipation. Will it be hearts, snowballs, falling leaves, stars and stripes, pets....or perhaps something for another holiday...National Garlic Day...lol...or perhaps one I haven't heard of....can't wait.

DustysMomma 08-29-2013 09:56 AM

Perhaps the next swap should be BYOP....bring your own partner. Then I'll shake em up and give em to someone else, lol. Or, a partner's project. Hmm, something to consider. Most of the requests so far are pretty "normal", with lots of Christmas. Bring on the unusual holidays ladies!

mom-6 08-29-2013 02:06 PM

Well I could change mine to Autism Awareness, but I really want Christmas!!!

mom-6 08-29-2013 02:13 PM

Maybe you could do a wall hanging swap of various "awareness" themes. I have a number of friends who are interested in quite a variety of causes that I had not encountered until recently. Then we could all learn about them too. One friend's 3 y/o grandson is scheduled for a bone marrow transplant next month due to HLH, a blood disease that is quite serious, but I had never heard of.

DustysMomma 08-30-2013 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 6262702)
Well I could change mine to Autism Awareness, but I really want Christmas!!!

Nope! You want what you want and that's what I want you to have lady! :)

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 6262711)
Maybe you could do a wall hanging swap of various "awareness" themes. I have a number of friends who are interested in quite a variety of causes that I had not encountered until recently. Then we could all learn about them too. One friend's 3 y/o grandson is scheduled for a bone marrow transplant next month due to HLH, a blood disease that is quite serious, but I had never heard of.

That's an option. We could include "Rooster's rights" and then Elisabrat can get her some chickens!

mom-6 08-30-2013 10:55 AM

Like that plan! Brat needs those chickens.

Elisabrat 08-31-2013 04:37 AM

ah but Brat wants aLL THE HOLIDAYS. I am counting the hours til I can legally put out my fall stuff I believe its Tues as well its not labor day anymore, school is back and its Sept therefore its ok to put out things like pumpkins and leaves and stuff...I am sure I read that somewhere. (maybe right here?) .. well off to clinic gotta run. xox gals see you later aligators!