Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2" Squares Swap NOW OPEN (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-squares-swap-now-open-t250348.html)

sewbizgirl 07-18-2014 06:45 AM

2" Squares Swap NOW OPEN

WELCOME SWAPPERS!

We will be swapping sets of 50 unique (no two alike) 2” squares. Participants may swap one to eight sets. Each set is to be packaged in a baggie with the sender’s real name, and board name on the bag. I will swap baggie for baggie.

Please be sure you have 50 well cut squares in each bag, with no duplicates in one bag. All bags may be alike, but no like squares in any one bag. Please use only good quality quilting 100% cotton. NO blends or homespun fabrics, please. Rotary cutting is strongly recommended!

To sign up, pm me by July 31, and tell me how many sets you want to swap, up to 8. When you pm I will also need your real name and private email address. I will then send you my mailing address to send your squares to. Squares must be received by Aug. 15. I will swap and mail packages out by or before Aug. 22.

Enclose $5.95 in cash or stamps (no metered labels!) in your package for return shipment. I will mail your squares back in a padded priority envelope. International swappers will need to mail at least two weeks before the deadline, and will be responsible to research and send the proper amount for return shipment.

All general board swap rules apply… http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...-a-t20154.html

So start going through your scraps and cutting your 2” squares and get ready to swap! Use the thread to chat and visit with other members, and share patterns and ideas for using the 2" squares-- let's have fun with this!

Please mail early!

sewbizgirl 07-18-2014 06:51 AM

Would all who decide to participate in this swap please follow this thread? For newbies, click on "thread tools", then "subscribe to this thread". Then choose "control panel" and whenever you log on, click on "settings" to see any new posts in the threads you are following. We don't want anyone getting lost! :)

Crafty1 07-18-2014 01:29 PM

Sent you PM!

oksewglad 07-18-2014 02:32 PM

I'm in.....

sewbizgirl 07-18-2014 07:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got your pms, ladies! We have 4 in the swap so far, on the first day! Looking good...

I thought I would show you all some blocks Ive been working on today, because they use the 2" squares for the 4-patches in them. The HSTs are made with 4" squares, sewn diagonally then trimmed down. I've used a lot of 2" squares in this scrappy quilt, so far.

The first photo shows my Jacob's ladder blocks in blue scraps... laid out the "star" way I will assemble them. The second photo is my stacks of brown blocks, ready to be sewn together.

linmid 07-19-2014 05:14 AM

Just signed up, but I forgot to tell you I want to swap 8 sets.

sunrise450 07-19-2014 06:00 AM

This swap is really tempting! I have so many things going on though. I do have two of my swaps finished and ready to mail, also I see that Bonnie Hunter's blocks require mostly 2" squares, hmmmmm.
I'll just have to think about this. I am going to be gone (family reunion) for a full week in August, too bad your send in date is so soon. I'll just have to think about this.
Either way, I am going to keep in touch and lurk around. Is that okay?

DDuMouchel 07-20-2014 06:35 AM

Count me in.

sewbizgirl 07-20-2014 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by linmid (Post 6808022)
Just signed up, but I forgot to tell you I want to swap 8 sets.

Ok, ignore my pm asking for your number then! I have you down for 8 sets. Thank you!

sewbizgirl 07-20-2014 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 6808104)
This swap is really tempting! I have so many things going on though. I do have two of my swaps finished and ready to mail, also I see that Bonnie Hunter's blocks require mostly 2" squares, hmmmmm.
I'll just have to think about this. I am going to be gone (family reunion) for a full week in August, too bad your send in date is so soon. I'll just have to think about this.
Either way, I am going to keep in touch and lurk around. Is that okay?

Absolutely it's okay! The sign up is still open for 11 more days, receive date is nearly a month off. If you are busy in Aug, you have plenty of time to get your scraps cut and mailed before the end of the month. Hope you decide to play! 2" squares are so versatile.