Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2011-row-robin-group-11-making-friends-row-row-t85092.html)

Obsessed 01-01-2011 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Boop56
Hey, let's try to be the first qroup of 2011 to get pics posted. Bring on the sewing and FUN!

I should have something to post by tonight. I started sewing my row this weekend when I needed a break from the table runner I was making for my mom's birthday. The table runner is done, and I plan to really work on my row today and tomorrow when the kids are napping/sleeping. So far I've made one 6.5 inch block... only 19 more to go!

Boop56 01-01-2011 09:43 AM

First step:Pulled my material. Second Step: It will be either chocolate or nap. LOL

Boop56 01-01-2011 09:43 AM

First step: Pulled my material. Second Step: It will be either chocolate or nap. LOL :lol:

ssnare 01-01-2011 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Okay, I have finished three of my five blocks for my row and pictures are attached. When you look at the row of three, visualize that the two blocks on the left will be repeated on the right. What do you think? My theme is "Something Southwestern." The block at the left of the row is called "Phoenix" and what will be the center block (now the block on the right) is called "Desert Sun." The blocks with the pots is included to introduce lots of colors into the quilt so you have lots to work with when you are working on it. My intention for this quilt is that it be what are considered Southwestern colors (seems to be most anything if you look at that pot block) or blocks with Southwestern names. I just want everyone to have fun when they're working on it.

I am peeking from group 3. What beautiful blocks.

amandab 01-01-2011 11:44 AM

Worked on my row for a couple of hours yesterday. I should have some early pics to post this weekend. :D

JudyG 01-01-2011 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by amandab
Worked on my row for a couple of hours yesterday. I should have some early pics to post this weekend. :D

I don't know about everyone else, but I am getting anxious to see everyone's row. I know, I know, we still have til Feb 15, but I love seeing what everyone does.

Boop56 01-01-2011 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG

Originally Posted by amandab

I don't know about everyone else, but I am getting anxious to see everyone's row. I know, I know, we still have til Feb 15, but I love seeing what everyone does.

I know. I am so excited and I thought we had to have it out by Jan. 15th until the neighbor came down and corrected me. LOL

amandab 01-01-2011 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, here is block 1 for my first row. Just finished it a little while ago. I am doing a duplicate block like this that will finish the row and then applique in the middle of the row. That is the plan anyway! :-)

2011 Row robin, row 1, block 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]151495[/ATTACH]

Obsessed 01-02-2011 04:01 AM

Such soft pretty colors! I love it and can't wait to see the rest of the row!

JudyG 01-02-2011 07:22 AM

Love your block, Amanda. Such soft, pretty colors. Can't wait to see the rest of the row.