Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

barbarakibler23 02-05-2014 11:11 AM

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2.5 Candy Birthday swap is now open for sign ups and will remain open until we get 35 people to join or February 19th.

Hello and welcome to the 2.5" Candy Birthday Swap.
this is how this swap will work:

1. VERY IMPORTANT this is a year long commitment.
2. PM me your name address, EMAIL, and your birthday (month and day)
3. Get your packages of 50 unique 2.5" candy squares ready to be mailed.
4. Starting for March I will send everyone a list of who is celebrating a birthday that month so you can send out their "candy present". I will send out the list on the 20th of each month.
5. Birthday person please keep track of who you received your candy from please let me know if you have not received a package from someone.
6. Sit back and wait for your birthday then go to your mailbox and enjoy little packages all month long!
7. Please post on the thread when you have mailed your birthday package and of course wish them a Happy Birthday.
I am going to limit this to the first 35 people and only address in the USA (for postage sake Sorry).

The general swap rules apply: RULES FOR SWAPS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES - Updated 8 December 2010

In addition the following rules apply:

1. Please make sure to acknowledge everything you receive by posting to this thread. It would be faaaaaaaaaaaboulous if you also include photo(s).
2. Any participant who fails to send all parcels expected in any given month will be immediately and permanently dropped from the mailing list.
3. If that participant has already received parcels for her/his own birth month, that participant will also receive a Negative Feedback annotation.

Any questions please feel free to post them in this thread...because someone else probably has the same ones!
This is our second year for this swap .....the first year went well and many friends were made. :)
Barb :)

oneteappot 02-05-2014 12:26 PM

I am in for this birthday swap. It was a lot of fun last year!
Just a quick note, there are a couple of scrappy square quilts on the Islandbaik.com site for Quilted in Honor. There are some really nice free quilt patterns there.
Laurel

dottie dodge 02-05-2014 12:50 PM

Count me in again this year. Do we need to pm you with our info again? dottiedodge/SueD

SheriR 02-05-2014 01:06 PM

I'm in too! Thinking...thinking...thinking...of a new BirthdayCandy theme. (I'm crazy about themes lol. It helps me focus? Yup. That's my story!)

Lstew2212 02-05-2014 01:28 PM

I am in. I had so much fun this last year, I am ready to do it again.

barbarakibler23 02-05-2014 02:36 PM

Welcome back .....Oneteappot, dottie dodge, SheriR and Lstew2212.

No need to send me your information unless anything has changed.

Barb

charlotte37830 02-05-2014 05:50 PM

Sending you a PM now. Thanks

nurse bonnie 02-05-2014 09:16 PM

I am excited about being part of this group again this year. Everyone was just great!! Our fearless leader, Barb, did an awesome job. I hope we have the old ones back, and I hope we have lots of new ones.

letsquilt 02-06-2014 05:20 AM

I have a question, do all squares have to be different fabrics? I mean 50 different fabrics?

SheriR 02-06-2014 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by letsquilt (Post 6558026)
I have a question, do all squares have to be different fabrics? I mean 50 different fabrics?

I believe she does want 50 different fabrics. Part of the object of the swap is variety. And boy are we rewarded!! It's a blast!